Tapology Forums

Chael and Wanderlei coaching TUF Brazil 3

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

10.21.2013 | 11:45 PM ET

OK, that's pretty good.  Finally one of Dana's big announcements lives up to the hype. 

Anyone going to watch this?  I wonder what the ratings will be like in Brazil?

* Edited at 10.21.2013, 11:50 PM ET *

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Responses

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

10.21.2013 | 11:55 PM ET

Surely it's a Murrica vs Brazil thing? Can't see Chael coaching Brazilians going too well, though it might bring in ratings

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

10.22.2013 | 12:00 AM ET

This will be crazier then Rashad/Rampage! Hopefully Wand gets better at his **** talking between now and then.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

10.22.2013 | 12:02 AM ET

Won't this lose a lot of it's appeal if Chael loses to Rashad?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

10.22.2013 | 12:03 AM ET

I'm not a Chael Sonnen fan by any means, but I sincerely hope that he doesn't get lynched.  He better have an American team, he'll need at least 8 guys to protect him.

Nomad, I'm questioning whether the Rashad fight happens now.

* Edited at 10.22.2013, 12:04 AM ET *

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

10.22.2013 | 12:22 AM ET

Wandy will probably pull out of the fight though

"Is reality really realistic?"

Nomad
Nomad

10.22.2013 | 12:28 AM ET

That was one of my initial thoughts too@jody, but I doubt they pull that fight they want that card to legitimately hit 1million buys. Im not sure GSP vs Hendrickz or Sonnen vs Shad will be exciting though and with a Million eyes thats a lot of dissapoint.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Giovanni
Giovanni
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 117

10.22.2013 | 12:45 AM ET

I love Chael. Yeah he loses, but he brings the fight, win or lose. I love the way he talks **** and get people heated, rather comical. He's smart! He gets the fights he wants with these antics. It's just 2 bad he's fighting an older Wand. It would be better to see both fight in their primes. Either way I'm a Sonnen fan, big time! Win or lose, it's WAR CHAEL for me!
vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,555  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,206
  • Post Score: 225

10.22.2013 | 3:56 AM ET

oh crap, here I was hoping this stupid feud would slowly die away... now they're going to turn this into a huge WWF thing again...

and good luck with getting brazilians to respect Chael.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.22.2013 | 4:31 AM ET

Dana apparently doesn't know **** about Brazilians ... If Chael has a Brazilian team, no way they're gonna have his back against Wand (or at all after what he said about Brazil).

They'll most likely "be good boys" so they can get into the UFC, but there's not going to be a big bond between them and Chael's coaching team.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

10.22.2013 | 4:33 AM ET

@vazio As much as I like Wanderlei, he's the one turning who's turned this more into a pro-wrestling thing than Chael. He's the one cutting the circa 1997 ECW black and white Raven promos. Except Raven was actually good at them and Wanderlei sucks at them.

@p4pgoat Rashad vs. Rampage wasn't crazy, it was horrible. All the craziness featured was Rampage acting like a lunatic and breaking a door and Dana White hyping up Kimbo Slice a hugely improved MMA fighter before he got squashed and sandwiched by Roy Nelson in an embarrassing performance.

This is going to be a TUF Brazil and Dana has said Chael's going to have extra security with him just instead.

* Edited at 10.22.2013, 4:33 AM ET *

Nomad
Nomad

10.22.2013 | 5:52 AM ET

So Chael is going to be coaching Brazilian's? Probably going to be somewhat of a language barrier don'tcha think?

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

10.22.2013 | 7:03 AM ET

i kinda called it, i think Chael can become a big star in Brazil. His banter attracts more attention than big fights to the casual fan.

i didn't call it because i didn't think it was probable that they would do that.

i think it will be two episodes before the team starts respecting and bonding with Chael, ill probably watch it.
ACFMMA
ACFMMA

10.22.2013 | 8:58 AM ET

How is sonnen supposed to communicate with his team? Is there gonna be a translator following him around the entire time? And like its been said, does dana really think the fighters will listen to or respect chael? After all the **** talking hes done about brazil, theres not a chance in hell this works out. Its just a stupid idea in general. TUF Brazil is supposed to be for brazilians, that includes the coaches. 

I still think they should pull shogun from his fight with te huna and have him coach against lil nog. To this days theres still hate between some of the BTT and Chute Boxe guys.
Nomad
Nomad

10.22.2013 | 9:00 AM ET

The problem with that @ACF is no one cares about Shogun vs Lil Nog. It's obvious why the UFC wants to make Chael vs Wandy on TUF.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.22.2013 | 9:11 AM ET

@ACF, I think it would be a mistake to build a whole season on a fighter who has such a high risk of pulling out of the fight due to injury ... those anti-climatic seasons where the coaches don't get to fight are kind of annoying.

Seriously, Lil' Nog has fought once in the last 22 months and has been chalked up for at least half a dozen fights, so it's not just a long injury layoff ... I believe his body is just starting to show his age and the wars he's been through and getting less and less likely to survive a training camp.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

NoJuice11
NoJuice11
  • Predictions:  8,305  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,544
  • Post Score: 208

10.22.2013 | 9:15 AM ET

I'm sure Chael knows some portugese, it's not like he's never met a Brazilian before.

"Dude everyone knows Shaq got rich off playing in college"-Baseketball

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.22.2013 | 9:56 AM ET

I question if brazialn fighters would even be wiling to be on Sonnen´s team

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,555  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,206
  • Post Score: 225

10.22.2013 | 12:36 PM ET

@grizzly yeah, I know. I'm not arguing about that. TUF Brazil 2 had one of the lamest productions I've ever seen to make the whole show have this Big Brother feeling to it, full of drama and confrontation. I can't even imagine how blown out of proportion they'll make this one to be (and by "they" I mean Globo, not Wand and Chael)

* Edited at 10.22.2013, 12:37 PM ET *

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407
  • Post Score: 241

10.22.2013 | 12:54 PM ET

@jodybanman

What the ****... Guys, most Brazilians don't like Chael but it is more of a "You know who I am talking about? Man, I hate that guy..." thing. Do you honestly think he is at risk of being lynched? And yes, a lot of fighters would like to be coached by him, since he did a great job in TUF 17.

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

NoJuice11
NoJuice11
  • Predictions:  8,305  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,544
  • Post Score: 208

10.22.2013 | 4:25 PM ET

Most Brazilians don't like Americans...period.

fair enough, but if I'm an american going to Brazil as a tourist, I'm less-safe than a Brazilian coming to the U.S. on vacation... 

* Edited at 10.22.2013, 5:54 PM ET *

"Dude everyone knows Shaq got rich off playing in college"-Baseketball

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Leon Edwards, Green, Doumbe, Hearn and Salita in studio now
  • MMA Junkie : Abus Magomedov promises more exciting fights after UFC Fight Night 241 dominant decision
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards dismisses ‘nuisance’ Belal Muhammad ahead of UFC 304: ‘He’s too easy to hit’
  • MMA Mania : Special Rules Revealed For Andy-Sonnen Slugfest In Brazil
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Sapateiro World Championship 2024 Chicago Qualifier
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend Review: Oleksandr Usyk made history with transcendent performance
  • MMAFighting.com : Charles Oliveira won’t rule out fighting Colby Covington, interested in Max Holloway BMF bout
  • MMA Mania : Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Fight Card, Full DAZN Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Continuation of PFL's heavyweight season gets two changes in Connecticut
  • MMA Mania : Agapova Is Homeless — But Not Your Sex Slave
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC plans to be ‘flexible’ in next broadcast rights deal, including potential end to traditional PPV
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen predicts Conor McGregor loss to Michael Chandler: 'You don't get better at something by not doing it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen officially an exhibition boxing match
  • MMA Mania : Geane Herrera, 1990-2024
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier issues warning to Jon Jones about facing ‘old’ Stipe Miocic
  • MMA Junkie : Oumar Sy happy with debut win, but itching to show UFC light heavyweights even more