Tapology Forums

Fights to make following UFC 160: Velasquez vs.Silva II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,473  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

05.26.2013 | 12:39 AM ET

Tough decision this week for me. Post the match ups you want to see and discuss which ones you dislike. Couldn't think of great matches, but here it goes.

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos-
Obviously needs to happen both looked great and with set up the third installment of many to come.
Antonio Silva vs. Stefan Struve-
A battle between to of the biggest fighters at heavyweight. Both have improved over the years and are top guys. Would allow one fighter to bounce back from KO losses.
Mark Hunt vs. Geronimo Dos Santos-
Didn't know who else to match Hunt up with. But this would end in a KO either way.
Glover Teixeira vs. Dan Henderson/Rashad Evans winner-
Glover needs a challenge and he needs it soon. He needs to get up into title contention before Jones decides to move up
James TeHuna vs. Thiago Silva/Rafael Fejiao loser-
Just a crazy good fight. Each comes to bang and that is always a good thing.
T.J. Grant vs. Benson Henderson
- Grant deserves it. Simple as that. Book it for UFC 165 in Toronto Canada.
Gray Maynard vs. Matt Wiman- Maynard has had a tough run as of late. Two TKO finishes and a frustrating decision against Guida. A match up with former cast mate with allow Maynard or Wiman a chance to rebound from disappointing performances against Grant.
Donald Cerrone vs. Sam Stout/Issac Vaille-Flagg winner-
Cerrone has been getting to the top and not ultimately reaching that goal. Flagg and Stout provides the fans with a fun fight as well as more experience for Cerrone and a chance to improve.
K.J. Noons vs. Sam Stout/Issac Vaille-Flagg loser-
Noons should stick around for one more. He looked good early on and started to fade. One thing he didn't do is give up and the UFC appreciates that. Both Flagg and Stout are fun fighters who like a good striking match.
Mike Pyle vs. Tyron Woodley/Jake Shields winner-
Pyle is on a good four fight win streak all be it against lower competition besides Story. He should be rewarded as a final run in his long career. Tyron and Shields fight within the next couple weeks and are looking to build a streak themselves into contention.
Rick Story vs. James Head-
Thought Story won personally, but was not awarded it. James Head presents a tough opponent on the mat. Head is a good grappler and Story has struggles with good or great submission grapplers.
Dennis Bermudez vs. Manny Gamburyan-
His win was controversial, but he still won. Bermudez and Manny, who has struggled in his latest bouts would be a good test for Bermudez or a chance for Manny to get on a streak.
Max Holloway vs. Marcus Brimage-
Thought they would have booked them after their last victories. This would be a great fight with two different styled strikers.
Robert Whittaker vs. Chris Clements-
Whittaker has power in his hands. He is a good young striker and his good future in the sport. A fight with the veteran slugger Chris Clements will allow Whittaker to show of his game against a tough veteran.
Colton Smith vs. Lance Benoist-
Colton got caught versus Whittaker. He looked like a punching bag for 12 minutes. A fight with Benoist with serve as a test for both young fighters and a chance for both to bounce back after tough defeats.
Khabib Nurmagomadev vs. Pat Healy-
Healy burst into his second chance in the UFC with domination of Jim Miller, but that was erased because of his failed drug test. Khabib tossed and controlled Abel thoughout the fight. A fight with Bam Bam would prove as test for Khabib. This will also get Pat into a title position.
Abel Trujlio vs. Daron Cruickshank-
The power striking Truljio and diverse striking of Cruickshank spells all kinds of fun. Both have good wrestling backgrounds so this could turn into an entertaining striking match between to exciting fighters.
Stephen Thompson vs. Justin Edwards-
Oringinally booked for Thompson's UFC debut, but Edwards got injured. Thompson looked improved with his grappling, but should face someone who is a solid submission threat. Both are superior in their respective areas and could be a fun styles clash.
Nah-Shon Burrell vs. Benny Alloway-
Nah-Shon Burrell looked ok versus Thompson. He couldn't get his game working, but was able to land solid knees in the clinch. Burrell and Alloway are striking friendly fighters and should put on a great fight in a pivotal match up for their UFC careers.
George Roop vs. Yuri Alcantara-
Alacantara has looked good so far at Bantamweight, but hasn't faced a veteran yet at bantamweight. Roop has looked good since his drop and with a win over Bowles his ranking can only go up. This bout should launch the winner into title contention.
Brian Bowles vs. Johnny Bedford-
Bowles inactivity may have cost him with his cardio. Bedford seems like a good match up for Bowles. Someone who has good wrestling and is long and rangy.
Jeremy Stephens vs. Steven Siler
- Stephens debuted as a featherweight with ease. He was able to mix his game and land good ground and pound. Siler has has a great start to his UFC career. A bout with Siler could provide a submission defense test as well as an entertaining battle of two exciting fighters.
Estevan Payan vs. Sam Sicilia-Payan proved a tough out against Stephens. He should get at least one more fight. Sam Sicilia prefers a brawl and Payan is a striker, so that would make a good match up for both.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

Responses

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

05.26.2013 | 12:56 AM ET

Cain/JDS III (Don't wanna see it, but it will happen)
Mark Hunt vs Loser of Nelson/Stipe (Well .. Nelson if he loses, Stipe if he wins or loses)
Bigfoot/Mir 
Te Huna/Diabate 
Glover/Manuwa
Grant vs Benson (TORONTO! PLEASE!!!)
Maynard/Gomi
Cerrone/Khabib
Noons/Couture II 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

sreimuth
sreimuth

05.26.2013 | 1:01 AM ET

Cain and JDS is going to happen unless Werdum pulls off a flying gogoplata. JDS's KO will be all over ESPN and will be a big match up for the UFC. I want Werdum to get the shot though.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  49,513  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,249
  • Post Score: 146

05.26.2013 | 1:12 AM ET

Cain Vs JDS after what JDS did tonight it would be stupid to not give him a title shot.
Bigfoot Vs. Barnett
Hunt Vs Frank Mir IDK
Teixeira Vs Phil davis
Te Huna Vs. Ilir Latifi
TJ Grant Vs. Pat healy
Gray Maynard Vs. KJ Noons
Donald Cerrone Vs. Jamie Varner
Rick Story Vs. Jordan mein
Mike pyle Vs. Wonderboy
Bermudez Vs Lentz or Akira
Max Holloway Vs. Darren Elkins
Colton Smith Vs Robertson/pierson loser
Whittaker Vs. Gunnar Nelson
Khabib Vs. Diego Sanchez
Abel Trujillo Vs Evan Dunham
Nah-Shon Vs. James Head
Roop Vs. Dillashaw
Bowles Vs. Hugo Viana
Stephens Vs. McGregor
Payan Vs. Josh Grispi

"Wizzard of Tapology"

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  49,513  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,249
  • Post Score: 146

05.26.2013 | 1:15 AM ET

sam Sicilia was cut

"Wizzard of Tapology"

sreimuth
sreimuth

05.26.2013 | 1:39 AM ET

No, he resigned.

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

05.26.2013 | 1:46 AM ET

I would like to see Teixeira fight Phil Davis. 

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.26.2013 | 1:52 AM ET

I second that

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

sreimuth
sreimuth

05.26.2013 | 1:53 AM ET

Who do you think would win the fight?

kallousklown
kallousklown

05.26.2013 | 1:55 AM ET

I think Glover would win a decision but I have to see this fight because I want Glover fighting an opponent that is top ten without being rushed to the top. 

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

05.26.2013 | 1:56 AM ET

JDS needs to fight a wrestling based fighter and show me he is ready to rematch cain.  Him beating a pure striker proved nothing towards him being ready for a rematch.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

kallousklown
kallousklown

05.26.2013 | 2:04 AM ET

@Lopati, The UFC was intending to make Junior Dos Santos vs Josh Barrnett. That fight should still happen.

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

05.26.2013 | 2:05 AM ET

they announced at post fight press it is Cain vs JDS 3 if both came out healthy

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.26.2013 | 3:12 AM ET

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos (will end as their second fight did.)
Khabib Nurmagomadev vs. Conor McGregor
Glover Teixeira vs. Alexander Gustafsson 
Mike Pyle vs. Matt Brown
Rick Story vs. Jordan Mein
Colton Smith vs. Paulo Thiago
TJ Grant vs. Donald Cerrone
KJ Noons vs. Melvin Guillard
Mark Hunt vs. Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva

These guys didn't fight but these need to happen.

Rashad Evans vs. Shogun Rua
Roy Nelson vs. Dan Cormier

* Edited at 05.26.2013, 3:43 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,139  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

05.26.2013 | 3:17 AM ET

I don't really wanna see Cain/JDS III yet. That would mean Cain has fought JDS in 3 of his last 5 fights and the other 2 against Bigfoot. Let him fight someone fresh like Werdum.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.26.2013 | 3:18 AM ET

After Cain takes care of his next business with JDS, we won't see another one for quite awhile.

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

05.26.2013 | 3:23 AM ET

Why would Te Huna and Rothwell fight Bill?

What sense does it make to put gatekeepers from two separate divisions against each other?

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,139  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

05.26.2013 | 3:35 AM ET

Cain Velasquez vs Big Nog/Fabricio Werdum winner
JDS vs Josh Barnett
Bigfoot vs Mark Hunt
Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis
James Te Huna vs Vinny Magalhaes
Donald Cerrone vs Edson Barboza/John Makdessi winner
K.J. Noons vs Yancy Medeiros
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Jim Miller
George Roop vs Ivan Menjivar
Jeremy Stephens vs Maximo Blanco
Everything else sounds good.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.26.2013 | 3:45 AM ET

I think they're rushing the trilogy thing ... if Cain demolishes JDS again (which he most likely will) JDS basically has a somewhat interesting fight with Overeem (if he beats Browne) and then more or less nothing.

I say let Chael Sonnen fight for the heavyweight title and then have the trilogy fight ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.26.2013 | 3:45 AM ET

@SRA  It doesn't make any sense.  I forgot TeHuna was a LHW.  I screwed up.  Sorry bout that.

josicleisson
josicleisson
  • Predictions:  173  |  69.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 317

05.26.2013 | 11:38 AM ET

I think that they're rushing with the third match between JDS and Cain too. They're such young fighters that will be on the top for much more time: it means that we are going to have moments where they will be able to make a really more hyped fight. Otherwise, we'll see them facing each other for, at least, five times...

"Não me chama de irmão, não, brother!" Ryan Gracie.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him
  • Bad Left Hook : Roach vs McCrory set for June 28 on ProBox TV
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Poirier, Pantoja, Hardys and Hughes in studio, now
  • UFC.com : Fight By Fight Preview | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier On Where ‘Khabib’s Pupil’ Islam Makhachev Presents ‘More Of A Threat’ Than Ex-Champ
  • MMA Junkie : Nursulton Ruziboev says welterweight easy cut for UFC on ESPN 56, still wants middleweight fights
  • MMAFighting.com : Tom Aspinall: Jon Jones ‘playing games again’ with Alex Pereira talk, ‘trying to convince the public’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Sean O'Malley 'changing up' on Conor McGregor allegiance after being targeted in rant
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight night weights: Mike Perry only gained 5 pounds before 60-second knockout
  • MMA Mania : Fury Vs Usyk Fight Card, Full PPV Lineup