Tapology Forums

Why Nick Diaz will defeat GSP

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DelRose
DelRose

06.08.2011 | 3:48 PM ET

Bare with me here folks. Lets look at both pierre and diaz's last fight. GSP just came off a win against a one dimensional fighter (as his opponents always are) pierre knew about his superior ju jitsu so he figured by having this fight on the feet, he had a much better chance at winning, he won, but of course we all saw how that played out, jake shields with no boxing skill inflicted more damage upon GSP's face, even though shields performance was like that of a child pissing the bed. Nick Diaz last victory was against a guy known for his KO power and boxing skill, I would say nick diaz is a lot more skillful on the ground, but you know nick, he attacks his opponents strong points and exploits it like a weakness. Although Diaz got rocked a few times in that fight, he clearly outboxed the boxer in that fight, and did it in a very impressionable fashion. As for GSP this would be the first time he's faced a well rounded fighter.  
So this is how  the fight will play out. Nick diaz pretty much has GSP cornered here, I really don't think GSP is gonna wanna take diaz to the ground on this one, unless he's feeling lucky. Boxing wise? Not a chance, diaz the much bigger fighter and longer reach will not be afraid to go toe to toe with gsp, in fact he'll be taunting him to do so. Nick diaz will push the pace like no other opponent of GSP has. My prediction, Nick diaz by TKO or submission in the 3rd or 4th round. However, I'm not going to count out GSP's wrestling, he could easily just throw down diaz, allow him back up, and repeat it again, but the chances of that happening? Still IMO the odds point to diaz on this one.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Responses Page 5

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

06.10.2011 | 9:52 PM ET

Well GSP is who he is. A gentleman who is just good natured. He chooses not to adopt a badboy persona and instead is content to be seen as a dedicated athelte.

I'm sure Diaz is a great guy to go drinking with (as long as your not on his bad side). But he's an arrogant, brash and foul-mouthed person. Which is why he has a connection with most of the casual fans of MMA. Personality wise he's like Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

DelRose
DelRose

06.10.2011 | 9:55 PM ET

@bigj383 Do people really take this site THAT seriously, that they would criticize me for only predicting 2 fights? For all you know I've been mma betting for years now, and have become successful doing it. You probably would have made more sense if you attacked my favoritism for Nick Diaz, derp.

DelRose
DelRose

06.10.2011 | 9:57 PM ET

@ninja True, but you get that with too many mma fighters now.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.10.2011 | 10:38 PM ET

the fight is still 4 months and 19 days away and the opinions are flying. this fight will do wonders for the message boards
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

06.10.2011 | 11:58 PM ET

I think GSP is just one of those fighters that is so good and so dominate people are just chomping at the bit to see him lose. This is why there are so many cries for GSP vs Silva there are 2 dominate fighters and they just want one to lose. There will be plenty who say GSP will lose. Many are the same people who have said he will lose since GSP vs Penn 2. They say it every time and when it does finally happen they will be the first to say I told you so. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

gogs1987
gogs1987
  • Predictions:  125  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

08.29.2011 | 4:41 PM ET

Break it down

With out a doubt, it doesnt matter what anyways says, this is the toughest fight of gsp career. A fighter can be as good as he wants, and still loose to lesser fighters do to contrasting styling match ups, And gsp is the best in the welter weight division. But stylistically this is the worst style fighter that gsp can face.The reason why is gsp is the best fighter in ww division is because he is the by far the most well rounded fighter, in the division and probaly thhe sport. along with that gsp very intelligent fighter and fallows the game plan at all times. very disciplined. and plain and simple it wins fights. e almost always has an advantage with any fighter either on the ground or standing up. and where his strength is he takes the fight..... he does not go for there weakness. he utilizes his strengths..... does gsp try to submit wrestlers no... Gsp is going to have a wrestling advantage over anyone in the welter weight division, and if he doesnt he will neutralize theres. When Gsp fights strikers he takes them down, when he fights wrestlers or bjj he stands with them, 5 years ago this was an easy fight for gsp, nick diaz has always had the bjj to trouble anyone on the ground, But now with his improved boxing and all around striking he posses a threat at any area of the fight, which leaves the question where will gsp try and take the fight. Gsp probably thinks his stand up is better then nicks for the simple fact nick is mainly a boxer. And gsp has more tools in the stand up. And i can see Gsp plan on keeping in standing from the outside with either strong take down attempts or pressing him against the cage keeping nick guessing, and keeping limited time on the ground. Jui Jitsu wise nick is a good as shields maybe not grappling wise but pure jui jitsu he is that good. and if he didnt wanna go the ground with shields he wont with diaz. diaz is also probably better of his back then shields.....As for Diaz stragedy and how it will be effective.......Diaz will have a definatey advantage with his hands, maybe not in all round striking. but boxing no question. Diaz does not have great ko power. but he does have power and his fights show that.....  He will have a reach advantage against gsp and i believe he will be able to use it to limit gsp take downs....gsp keeps gets his opponents so flustered with his take downs. they get off there a game so worried of theh take down they never press forward and dont let there hands fly when there standing up......Gsp although i blieve he has finishing power, he never takes the risk into finishing ppl. and well he doesnt need to because he always wins rounds. But one thing gsp does do. and i dont know if any one is clueing into this,,,, HE LETS FIGHTS GO THE DISTANCE, If you keep allowing fighters to stay in the cage withh you for 25 mins a fight, eventually you are going to make a mistake,.And although gsp has great cardio.... he will not be the fresher fighter in the later rounds.....  And with a guy always who as a never quit attitude always looking to finishh the fight diaz posses a great threat through the entire fight....., Gsp will not back up diaz he will use his reach and then press forward and push a pace gsp has never seen before.. Doing so will leave him self vunerable tot ake downs.. but he will inflict damge in the mean time. other fighters have not done this......i think the high pace no quit attitude, and the mental aspect ( pre fight trasht and ring taunting ) will for the first time frustrate gsp ...... And you can say what u want how gsp always remains calm..... he looked angry in koscheck fight, and diaz has been taklin about gsp for years. and alot of crifics are going to favor diaz... And i think during the fight this will add up, and you will see gsp frustrate and vey well possbily take the fight where diaz wants and stand up.....on the ground diaz poses a very good threat to submitting gsp or even sweeping into a bad position.... I think gsp best chance at this fight is to take it to the ground, where it is probably 60/40 chance gsp will win...... If the fight were to remain on the ground the enitre match....but every fight starts standing up...  i see gsp taking looking to counter strike diaz in the first and 2nd round and looking for take downs outside of full guard or pressing against the cage...... and landing take downs while loosing slighty in the stand up.......i see diaz defending with submissions.. and constanly working....... and gsp getting out of comfort zone on the ground.......in the third i see diaz continueing to press forward and frustrating gsp because he hahs inflicted no damage to diaz on the gruond and taken some shots standing up......diaz begins to pepper gsg untill he catches him with a good body combination and when gsp goes to cover he lands a shot to the chin.......... gsp will shoot for at take down dazed and end up in submission........ diaz by submission in 4th round

* Edited at 08.29.2011, 5:02 PM ET *

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

08.29.2011 | 4:45 PM ET

@gogs is a genius! another clear headed and smart explaination of why diaz will win, and why he's the biggest challenge of gsp's career! welcome to the diaz-gsp war

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

08.29.2011 | 5:00 PM ET

delusions. He will get absolutely smashed and has done nothing to prove other wise. I not sure how beating cans and losing to every legitimate top 10er he foughten makes him capable of beating GSP.

"here I come to save the day"

jersey0525
jersey0525

08.29.2011 | 5:02 PM ET

hey @franklin...read the sig

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

08.29.2011 | 5:06 PM ET

And you think this is an arguement how? Should we go through Diaz "accomplisments" which leads to him losing to ever top tenner he ever face.  Karo, the same guy who beat diaz? And you think this strengths your arguement how? At least those guys were top 10 fighters, not absolute cans. Who has Diaz beaten? Can you name a single top 10 opponent he beaten, in his own wieght class?

jersey0525
jersey0525

08.29.2011 | 5:14 PM ET

ok....daley? only one LnP from kos away from FIGHTING gsp...

and also..u bringing up karo as a valid argument is like me saying diaz is a better striker than serra, so diaz should ktfo gsp...wait a sec..diaz IS a better striker..and DIAZ has better BJJ...and...DIAZ has better CARDIO...

diaz hate all u want, i've seen it before countless times..and they continue say he'll lose..even after he's already won!

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

08.29.2011 | 5:18 PM ET

But he COULDN'T fight GSP could he?!?! Dana had NO PROBLEM letting him go! Second rate fighter. Needs to go to kickboxing. GSP>Koscheck>Diaz>Daley

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

jersey0525
jersey0525

08.29.2011 | 5:20 PM ET

WOW @xbass!!! u put diaz AHEAD of someone!!!!! lemme take a picture of this before u erase the evidence!!

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

08.29.2011 | 5:20 PM ET

Daley is not a top tenner and wasent when diaz fought him. he awful and would get smash by GSP effortlessly.

SO it only a valid arguement when u use him against gsp, but when it against Diaz it not valid? are you fing kidding me?  Diaz has beaten not a single top tenn opponent. Diaz is not a better striker, nor better better cardio then GSP in the least bit, and he will get smashed.

Dude when was the least time diaz fought as the under dog? This crap your saying is just utter nonsense. Diaz has been the clear favorite in his past 10 fights at least, if not more. Pretending like he foughten as some under dog is rediculous., The only time he was put in such situations he lost.

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.29.2011 | 5:21 PM ET

Haha he is ahead of Daley, who now fights for BAMMA.

I've done nothing but speak the truth this entire time! Diaz is better than Daley.

But to further improve on the truth,

Koscheck, Fitch, and most importantly GSP, is better than Diaz.

* Edited at 08.29.2011, 5:24 PM ET *

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.29.2011 | 5:23 PM ET

@Franklin,

you sir, should be president.

You're correct on every point you just made, and I applaud your existence and your parents for allowing that existence to happen.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

08.29.2011 | 5:24 PM ET

hahahaha thanks.

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.29.2011 | 5:25 PM ET

Haha no problem at all!

WAR GSP!

jersey0525
jersey0525

08.29.2011 | 5:38 PM ET

alright!! more diaz hate for me to *****slap back into canada...

first..and more glaring...diaz has the BEST CARDIO IN MMA..period..argue that, and u prove u were thrown off mount st helens as a baby and landed on some boulders...u were then raised by sheep until mormons came by and adopted u...there u learned that poop is sin and that weed come from the devils garden...

next, i never said he was a underdog, so where u got that i dont know...diaz has been in against lesser competition yes, but gsp has fought fighters who  are all WORSE than diaz...so..gsp hasn't fought ANYONE has multi-dimensional as diaz...to be fair, neither has diaz fought a gsp before...

lastly, diaz IS the better striker...u bring up daley...honestly, what would gsp have done against daley? LnP for 25 BORING minutes because HE FEARS POWER PUNCHERS...alves and hardy suffered from lack of a ground game...

diaz has the strikes to make gsp wanna take him down, and the bjj to sweep/submit, and the CARDIO to keep it up for 25 minutes..

diaz will win, it will be a great fight, best 170 fight ever, but diaz will win

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.29.2011 | 5:43 PM ET

There is a big difference between cardio for a triathalon and a fight. I don't run triathalon's and probably never could. But I can go for 5 hard sparring rounds without feeling dead. Diaz looks tired after those heavy punches.

GSP's stand-up is NOT inferior to Diaz's. Just because he throws punches differently (and by differently I mean he doesn't flail his arms around without mixing it up.) GSP has more power in 1/2 of his legs than Diaz has in his whole body.

And Diaz's BJJ only works against guys like Gomi and Santos... nuff said there.

Ask KJ Noons how he thinks Diaz's stand up is, he'd know. Noons is leagues above Diaz.

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Paul Craig Is Bringing 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' To UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Vs. Martinez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith won’t be anyone’s stepping stone in UFC: ‘We’re going to f*cking put that to bed now’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ Fed ‘Cannibal’ Liver Shot That ‘Put Him Down’
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Conor McGregor a better fighter than Michael Chandler but not a better competitor
  • MMA Mania : ‘They Want Me To Go To Rio And Take A Loss’
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases statement on Ryan Garcia’s positive drug tests: ‘People die in this sport’
  • UFC.com : ALEXANDRE PANTOJA: HOMECOMING KING
  • Jits Magazine : Diogo Reis Reveals Striking Training And Hints At MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-UFC signee Sean Loeffler sentenced to prison for domestic violence
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Justin Gaethje: Rematch with Max Holloway would be ‘dream fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : P4P Top 10: Haney tumbles out, top stars take spotlight in May
  • Jits Magazine : WWE Superstar MVP Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : Top European Grapplers Impress At IBJJF Dublin Open 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds