Tapology Forums

TUF Australia vs. Canada

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,578  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

04.24.2013 | 9:37 AM ET

Should be good.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/24/4260582/the-ultimate-fighter-canada-vs-australia-coming-soon

I hope they don't do like they did in TUF Brazil 2 and bring back the stupid-ass challenges.

My guess is they did that in the Brazilian show to add some more shameless product placement and don't pull that **** on the other TUF productions.

* Edited at 04.24.2013, 9:39 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Responses Page 2

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.24.2013 | 2:22 PM ET

Australia? Really? You're trying too hard Dana.

"الله أكبرl"

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  80,225  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

04.24.2013 | 2:23 PM ET

They're just going to do a TUF so they can build up what they think will be hype for the Australian UFC show in December.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

yossgold
yossgold

04.24.2013 | 2:33 PM ET

@Anik, I know you think you're the most intelligent being on the face of the planet but I think you can give him some credit that he has a business plan behind this and he knows a thing or two more than you about running a multi-million $$$ fight promotion.

They probably see a thing or two that you don't behind this move.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.24.2013 | 2:54 PM ET

I think an entirely Canadian TUF would have been fine but putting them against Australia is just odd. The last two vs TUF's were US vs UK and UK vs Australia, both notable rivalries. This makes zero sense.

I agree with whoever said Korea vs Japan. Akiyama vs Stun Gun would be cool plus it's a pretty interesting fight. 

As far as TUF's go, I'll be pointlessly waiting for UK vs Republic of Ireland for quite some time. McGregor vs Parke. It will never happen but it would be awesome.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.24.2013 | 3:32 PM ET

I'd have to agree. There is zero animosity, or history of rivalry between us and the Kangaroos. 

* Edited at 04.24.2013, 3:32 PM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

04.24.2013 | 6:02 PM ET

well in that case you've got a few months to stir up some racial tension somehow Jitz.

I think it might not be as dramatic as the producers hope.
I can imagine lots of footages of team canada being really nice then cutting to a member of team aus saying "he's a top bloke".
Neither nation is known for its **** talking

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

04.24.2013 | 7:19 PM ET

Canada Vs USA

Australia Vs New Zealand.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

04.24.2013 | 7:21 PM ET

North Korea vs South Korea

Too soon?
SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

04.24.2013 | 7:22 PM ET

If they had to another Aus series so soon, a Aus vs NZ series would've made more sense. Could've played up the Anzacs as the angle for it.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,490  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.24.2013 | 7:27 PM ET

If they were going to do country vs country then I have to agree with Grizzly that Japan vs Korea would by far be the best, especially for LW and lower. They arent hostile towards each other but they also arent exactly friendly, plus one of the deepest pools of lighter weight talent

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

yossgold
yossgold

04.25.2013 | 1:51 AM ET

I don't think it has anything to do with animosity whatsoever. They're going to do more Canada and Australia cards so they need more fighters from those countries that people know. It's as simple as that.

There's a limit to how many times you can put GSP and MacDonald on the Canada cards without people starting to complain about their home court advantage on every card, but on the other hand it's not easy to have a card in Canada and not maximize earnings with GSP headlining.

As for the Australia cards, you said it, they have a hard time finding them, so they need a couple more.

They're in no rush for TUF Mexico/Russia because they haven't got a card setup there yet and they've got enough Russian fighters and any Latino will do for Mexico to go along with Velasquez and Perez just like they treat Europe and Asia as one country too.

Having said that I would love a TUF Japan vs. South Korea. You could get more talent in the bantamweight and flyweight divisions and they have that animosity you were all so concerned about.

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

04.25.2013 | 2:13 AM ET

I definitely understand wanting to scout talent and foster interest in canada and australia, i just hope they don't try to play up the country rivalries, because there really isn't any rivalry between these two nations. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

04.25.2013 | 7:08 PM ET

maybe he can audition for the Aussie team

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

04.25.2013 | 7:20 PM ET

It was just a game of catch that got outta hand.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

04.25.2013 | 8:33 PM ET

Canada-Russia would be ******* awesome.  I wish they'd done that.  There's more talent in Russia, and more history between Canada and Russia.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  40,563  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

04.25.2013 | 8:35 PM ET

^ yea nothing more exciting for me to watch then team canada vs team russia  in hockey damn those are some of the best games in the world

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.25.2013 | 9:43 PM ET

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 results: Tatsuro Taira's back takedown leads to Alex Perez knee injury
  • Middle Easy : Tatsuro Taira Trips Up Alex Perez For Knee Injury TKO – UFC Vegas 93 Results (Results)
  • MMA Junkie : 'That kid's good': Social media reacts to Tatsuro Taira's injury TKO win over Alex Perez at UFC on ESPN 58
  • Middle Easy : Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis Overcomes Slow Start, KO’s Frank Martin in Round 8 – Davis vs. Martin Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Man is a killer’: Pros react to Gervonta Davis’ brutal knockout of Frank Martin
  • MMAFighting.com : Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis flattens Frank Martin with brutal knockout in 8th round 
  • Bad Left Hook : UPSET! Liam Paro wins unanimous decision over Subriel Matias to claim IBF title
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! ‘Tank’ Backflips Off Ropes After Monstrous KO
  • MMAFighting.com : Gervonta Davis vs. Frank Martin full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen fight to a draw in lackluster boxing exhibition
  • MMA Mania : Silva Vs. Sonnen 3 Highlights, Twitter Reaction
  • Bad Left Hook : Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis knocks out Frank Martin in eighth round: Highlights
  • Middle Easy : Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen Fight to a Draw in Lackluster Boxing Bout – Silva vs. Sonnen Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen fight to draw in bizarre boxing exhibition
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 video: Brady Hiestand slaps on tight choke for comeback third-round finish
  • MMAFighting.com : David Benavidez cruises to lopsided victory over Oleksandr Gvozdyk in light heavyweight debut
  • Bad Left Hook : David Benavidez wins 175 lb debut against Oleksandr Gvozdyk: Highlights
  • Bad Left Hook : Tank Davis vs Frank Martin: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Bellator champ Cris Cyborg scores KO in latest boxing match