Tapology Forums

Josh Rosenthal is apparently a drug lord !

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,937  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.17.2013 | 1:10 PM ET

Shiiiit read the whole story here

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/04/veteran-mma-referee-josh-rosenthal-cops-plea-awaits-sentencing-in-marijuana-case

"One year ago, federal agents raided an Oakland, Calif., warehouse owned by Rosenthal and an associate that contained 1,356 marijuana plants, according to a copy of the agreement"

"The drug's street value was estimated at more than $6 million."

Damn who saw that coming huh ?

* Edited at 04.17.2013, 1:11 PM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Responses Page 2

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,712  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

04.18.2013 | 6:11 PM ET

I am of the mindset that drugs of recreation should be legal like booze.  But that said they are currently illegal and josh knew that going into his situation.  He knew the risks vs the rewards and he made his choice.  

Its no secret that americans are crazy hard on drug dealers and users.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

04.18.2013 | 6:47 PM ET

how can you kill someone and get less prison time than growing a drug that much of the country believes should be legal.....
TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

04.18.2013 | 7:34 PM ET

I had a friend, 3 years ago, who sold a little bit of weed.  He was an ass sometimes but a good person.  I met him while I was teaching Tae Kwon Do because he taught children too, so he taught children so you can tell he was a good person.  2 years ago I quit teaching and we stopped talking, cause I didn't train.  A few weeks before Christmas, he got in the back of some friends car to sell them an ounce.  They robbed him, shot him, kicked him out of the car onto the sidewalk, where he died, and they drove off.  They didn't do it for the pot, it was for the money.  A mother lost a son and many people lost a friend for a few hundred dollars.  Is it really worth it to keep it legal?  my friend wasn't a bully, or a bad person, he wen to school and worked an he wanted to be an engineer, which he had the grades to be.  If pot was legal, he'd still be around.  He was 16.

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.18.2013 | 8:05 PM ET

Article on drugs decriminalization in Portugal. http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/evaluating-drug-decriminalization-in-portugal-12-years-later-a-891060.html

"The data show, among other things, that the number of adults in Portugal who have at some point taken illegal drugs is rising. At the same time, though, the number of teenagers who have at some point taken illegal drugs is falling. The number of drug addicts who have undergone rehab has also increased dramatically, while the number of drug addicts who have become infected with HIV has fallen significantly."

""We haven't found some miracle cure, No drug policy, Zobel says, can genuinely prevent people from taking drugs" 

"This is working. Drug consumption has not increased severely. There is no mass chaos. For me as an evaluator, that's a very good outcome."

I think it's an incredible concept. You effectively put down some ground rules as far as taking drugs but you also bend your will at the same time. Dealing is illegal but the misdemeanor for using is similar to a parking fine so people sharing needles in an alley spreading HIV doesn't happen. 

I guess it's like if your son and his friends were at that age where they were inevitably going to start drinking. 

Instead of having them get some stranger to buy them a litre of Vodka to get drunk and pass out in a park or whatever, explain to them the dangers, buy them a few beers and let them have some fun in the basement or whatever seeing as you Americans do love you some basements! 

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,712  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

04.18.2013 | 9:13 PM ET

@jaffa portugal has it as close to right as i have yet to find out about.  Drugs are far from my thing but that doesnt mean no one else should do them.  

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out
  • MMAFighting.com : David Feldman explains how Conor McGregor became BKFC co-owner, how Dana White may react
  • MMA Mania : BKFC, The Morning After: It’s Finally Time For Perry Vs. Till
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez content UFC on ESPN 55 served as reminder: 'Honestly, I haven't changed'
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Duffee, Hunt Suffer TKO Injuries At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry on fiery Darren Till callout: ‘He’s talking his sh*t but he ain’t doing nothing’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Program total passes $25 million