Tapology Forums

The Worst Tapologist Competition - Round 3

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

The_Chase
The_Chase
  • Predictions:  5  |  80.0%
  • Forum Posts:  109
  • Post Score: 621

03.15.2013 | 12:24 AM ET

Now that's I've waited long enough, the 3rd round will begin. 8 have moved on, but who gives a **** because no one likes any of these *******s anyways so go ahead and vote. The jerks who moved on from last round are:

theMMAMessiah
CthulhuJones (no Anik kid, after 24 hours  you were behind and your duplicate accounts didn't save you)
Bill Burgess
StealingFire
Gregory
AllHailKrull
JM Barrie
wolfmanhowl

(The program I was using online for the brackets seems to be no longer running. I don't feel like making another bracket with all the seeds blah blah blah. Refer to the old bracket from last round below)

"The_Chase is on the case!"

Responses Page 4

Boromir
Boromir
  • Predictions:  38  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  127
  • Post Score: 498

03.16.2013 | 11:58 PM ET

@Die One does not simply make..

"One does not simply walk into Mordor."

NotAnikM
NotAnikM
  • Predictions:  19  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 543

03.17.2013 | 12:03 AM ET

one can...
Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

03.17.2013 | 12:04 AM ET

OMG THE HORSE. I remember when I first gave that out as part of an AV bet :P

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.17.2013 | 12:06 AM ET

the greatest AV of all-times, still makes me laugh when I see it.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

06.25.2013 | 2:27 PM ET

What the **** is THIS?  I've heard of trolling, but this is truly ass-sucking sick.

@The Chase  You are one sick puppy troll.  If this is your way of entertaining yourself, you need to find the way out of your own ******* and find a life, and a new website.

And that goes the same for anyone who posted on this sickest of sick threads.

* Edited at 06.25.2013, 2:27 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,150  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

06.25.2013 | 2:30 PM ET

Haha it was done for 3 months until you just revived and bumped this 'sick thread'

Why do you do this to yourself Billy?

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.25.2013 | 2:35 PM ET

I just saw it!  Just now.

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,024  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

06.25.2013 | 2:40 PM ET

Bill you almost won this thing, think about that for a second...btw was this finished?

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.25.2013 | 2:46 PM ET

@die  You know man.  You're one strange man.  You have done nothing but attack me from the first day I arrived here.  You do nothing but attack my posts.  So for that, I hold you beneath contempt.

It would take a lot of coherence and credibility on your part to take your name off my hate list.  And we both know that's not going to happen.

That thread had all the hardcore haters, indulging their favorite hobby.  All I want from you is to avoid me.  Contact will accomplish nothing but conflict and hate.  Leave me alone.

dielegende23
dielegende23

06.25.2013 | 3:00 PM ET

Bill I never attacked you on a personal level, I only call you out on your MMA knowledge which let's be honest isn't really high. You proved that over and over again. This is a forum for MMA discussion if you write BS expect me or someone else to call you out on it.

Ergo I'm not gonna leave you alone as long as you don't get your MMA IQ up...it's approximately at -3 btw.

* Edited at 06.25.2013, 3:11 PM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.25.2013 | 3:28 PM ET

That is not true.  You have attacked me very personally.  You're called me a troll.  That's personal.

My knowledge is as high as yours.  Most things in MMA require subjective opinions.  You have demonstrated your lack of maturity over and over.  You can't handle being disagreed with without losing control and flaming your opponent with descriptive, personal language.

I wish you could.  My knowledge of GSP, Nick Diaz, Rory MacDonald, Diego Sanchez is easily on a par with yours and probably much better.  I don't go around and post on a lot of threads.  I normally confine myself to things I can speak about intelligently.  So, your claims you know more than me on the few things I post on is just not true.  Regardless of what you think.

dielegende23
dielegende23

06.25.2013 | 4:00 PM ET

"That is not true.  You have attacked me very personally.  You're called me a troll.  That's personal"

Lulz sonds like something a troll would write, I know by now you aren't one though. See for a long time I thought you were a mean MMA fan who just states false facts in every single one of his posts to create controversy and unnecessary discussion.

I know now that this isn't true, you just don't know any better...which is why I'm trying to educate you on some things. Just take it and please don't feel offended if I correct you at times.

Here are some things I appriciate about you Bill, you're writing style is very eloquent. I liked your favorite movies and agreed with a lot of your choices. Things like that tell me you aren't dumb, just try to fill your smart and eloquent posts with some more MMA knowledge.

If not you're gonna get called out on it...

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

06.25.2013 | 4:06 PM ET

I liked this thread, it was harmless fun and all the content was original.

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.25.2013 | 4:32 PM ET

@die  You actually believed I was posting crap I didn't believe to create controversy and unnecessary discussion?  

Wow.  Just wow.  I was posting things I DID believe because I believe, rightly or wrongly, that controversy is needful and necessary.  Especially in a sport that is in its adolescence.  It is how to build the sport.

And there is a big difference between a troll and someone you just disagree with profoundly.  By my definition, a troll posts crap they don't believe, because they crave attention.  I don't.  I don't need attention.  I get too much already just being myself.

Here are some of the things the house attacked me over, and called me a troll over.

I supported women's MMA.
I supported Official Rankings
I suuported Jon Fitch
I opposed the use of down-arrows because they were being abused.
I supported Cyborg Santos

For these and many other controversies, I was attacked without merit for being a *****, a troll, a **** stirrer, and worse.

But guess what?  I was proven right in Women's MMA, Official Rankings, the UFC wanting to get rid of Fitch.

And not a single member who attacked me ever apologized and said I was right and vindicated.

And not a single member said they were sorry for calling me names.

But I am forgetting that actually 2 members did say they were sorry and stopped.  AnAlias and Sonnens have become friends and allies and realized I was working really hard to support the community and build tapology.

The Culture of Tapology is another example of where I am working my butt off to add some meaningful, interesting stuff to the site.  Just like Hot Girls, I am doing what I can to help and support.

So when you talk down to me, saying I don't know much MMA, why don't you read my GSP stuff.  I do know my stuff.  I've posted the most detailed, analytic, objective posts so far on him.  Same with MacDonald, Diaz and Sanchez.  Why don't you check it out and report back?

Instead of pissing on me from a very great height by saying, "I don't know any better", you are trying to educate me on some things, etc.

But tell you what, die.  I will try to improve my MMA knowledge if you try to humble out and see things more clearly for what they are.  Deal?

* Edited at 06.25.2013, 4:34 PM ET *

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.25.2013 | 5:00 PM ET

@Bill, I wouldn't put the official rankings in the win column just yet since they're totally disregarded.

Chael Sonnen - unranked at LHW, immediate title shot.
Ricardo Lamas - "officially" ranked #2 contender, beat 3 contenders in a row, was passed over by zombie ranked under him and beat a prospect, a now cut fighter and Leonard Garcia.
Glover Teixeira - ranked #4 (why???) fighting Bader - not in top 10.
Nick Diaz - was by no means #1 contender at the time and was coming off a loss!

I personally liked all of these matchups (because I love me some Chael P. and Zombie and I think that based on body of work Glover and Bader should be ranked closer to each other, I mean let's face it, Maldonado, Kingsbu and Te-Huna don't put you at #4 in the division just yet) but from an "official" rankings point of view they weren't even close, especially as the rankings were created so that the "deserving" fighters would get the shots and not the popular.more marketable ones.

So maybe official rankings are a good idea, but it hasn't really been tested yet since those rankings are about marketability and not cold hard performance-based rankings.

Example: Before the Stipe fight, Roy Nelson was ranked above Mir even though Mir totally outclassed him when they fought and Mir's 2 fight losing streak was to JDS and DC while Roy's wins were Kongo (now cut), Mittrione (gee) and Herman (need I even say anything?). How do those wins put you above a guy who beat you decisively and has only lost to contenders?

For now I will not take the UFC's rankings seriously if I may.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.25.2013 | 5:05 PM ET

Official Rankings are a good idea.  They give the public a glimpse of quality.  But Dana announced on the same day that they would not be held to them for the purposes of making fights.

Dana White is masterful at knowing how to fit his entire foot into his mouth.  He announces Rankings while at the same time disrespects them.  

When I criticize him, I am knocking the dumb stuff, not the essentially good man.  But his missteps are doozies.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.25.2013 | 5:13 PM ET

I think that as long as a clear #1 contender can't be ducked for too long (or in boxing's case, forever) there's no harm in making the fights the fans want or will sell a bit more too ... just as long as there's a nice blend ...

Official rankings are a "nice to have" and something to play around with between cards, but I definitely don't think they're a necessity or even make that much of a difference.

Many times you have a clear #1 contender who just doesn't make sense in a title shot (has just lost to the champ in a decisive way, for instance), so what exactly does it give us that he's ranked #2 in the division?

I dunno, I guess t could go either way, I could care less.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.25.2013 | 5:19 PM ET

Official Rankings are clearly not to determine in an inflexible way, the next contender.  If a man loses to the champ, like Jon Fitch did, he should not get another title shot for a good while.  It wouldn't make sense to see the 2 best fight each other over and over and over.

JDS shouldn't get indefinite rematches even if he proves he's the second best.  But Rankings can still be useful to determine contenders down the ladder.

dielegende23
dielegende23

06.25.2013 | 5:21 PM ET

"But tell you what, die.  I will try to improve my MMA knowledge if you try to humble out and see things more clearly for what they are.  Deal?"

Deal, although I'm already humble as **** and see crystal clear. So you only have to improve your knowledge now and we are good...

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.25.2013 | 5:35 PM ET

You're such a little weasel and I'll remind you of our deal the next time you appear to mock one of my subjective opinions.  That's a promise.

* Edited at 06.25.2013, 5:36 PM ET *

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon
  • UFC.com : Olympians To Compete In The UFC
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz Boxing Match Moved From June 1 to July 6 in Anaheim
  • MMAFighting.com : Muhammad Mokaev faces Manel Kape at UFC 304 in Manchester
  • MMA Mania : Mokaev Vs. Kape In The Works For UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Pokes Fun at Islam Makhachev’s Performance on Punching Machine Ahead of UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO Group Holdings suffered net loss of $249.5 million in 2024 first quarter largely due to UFC antitrust settlement
  • Bad Left Hook : Mercado vs Ali targeted for Estrada vs Bam undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Top flyweight contenders Manel Kape, Muhammad Mokaev targeted for UFC 304 clash
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Sonnen, Perry, Smith, and Sandhagen now