Topic: Off Topic

The Culture of Tapology

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.09.2013 | 2:42 AM ET

This MMA community has many non-MMA threads already.  Music, Jokes, baseball, football, etc.

So, I thought it might serve a purpose to create a thread for all the other contributions to each other's lives that don't fit anywhere else.

Do you have something that would enrich the community culturally?  Maybe dance, comedy, nutritional, inspirational, arresting visuals?  But please let's keep this positive, and appropriate to the general public.

Maybe a video clip of a movie, broadway show, highly unusual, utterly creative, a cutting edge piece of information, a new computer application, or something that would make someone's life better or richer.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses Page 67

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.29.2013 | 6:38 PM ET

@fatality  I've written my own slants interwoven into the posts.  But what's the difference?  No one reads them.

I put things into the summaries that wikipedia would NEVER have included.  

Beach Boys - Their father sold the publishing rights from under Brian to Capitol Records.

Four Seasons -   Producer Bob Crewe made a fortune horning in on Bob Gaudio's song-writing credits.  Robbed them blind of tens of millions of dollars.

I called Bob Carver the greatest genius in audio.  I called William Donald Kelly a genius who has the cancer cure and saved lives.  I wrote the entire copy for Brian Wilson on page 13.  His is a great story.  No wikipedia, only me.  No one cared, except the stalker.  

I wrote scathing, strong copy on crime indicting 3 hideous *******.  All my own copy.  I doubt a single person read it.  

The point is, the music is there.  It's free.  Took a long time to make the selections of which songs and which youtube options.  That is the prime filet and it SHOULD overwhelm the petty objections to 3 wikipedia paragraphs with my own insertions.

But I don't care anymore.  Post score is meaningless.  This thread proves that beyond all reason.  If the allies have abandoned me and the zombies just peck away, I don't give a ****.  I can find many other ways to help the world and don't need tapology.  I just may leave and let the zombies win.  

* Edited at 06.29.2013, 6:40 PM ET *

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

06.29.2013 | 7:07 PM ET

To lighten the mood

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

Fatality
Fatality
  • Predictions:  1,982  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  476
  • Post Score: 268

06.29.2013 | 8:07 PM ET

I mean what's the purpose of this thread for you? Is it to create a personal mini-encyclopedia or is it more for simply sharing music and information? If it's the latter, I would just scrap the wikipedia content, have more commentary, just post like three or fewer links instead of ten. Concise commentary is going make people more interested than a wikipedia wall of text. If they like the topic enough, they can just go to wikipedia on their own. Same concept with links. Practically no one will click all ten links. Just find 2-3 songs that really epitomizes their type of music and someone who likes the artist can find additional music on his own time. That should save you some time per post while still getting to the point. 

I do think people will read more of your stuff if you ironically post fewer stuff per day. Post like 0.5-2 posts per day and filter out the potential topics you don't really care about. If you post like 50 wall of texts and links per day, no one's going to read it. If you post two topics per day that get straight to the point with no wikipedia copypasta and etc., more people will read the commentary.
Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

06.29.2013 | 8:19 PM ET

Fatality, there is no use in trying. I've told Bill a bunch of times to stop copy/pasting from wikipedia and claim superiority of all other threads.

He doesn't listen.

* Edited at 06.29.2013, 8:19 PM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.29.2013 | 9:10 PM ET

Resistance is futile.                                    Accept!
amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

06.29.2013 | 11:47 PM ET

Seems every week we have someone question the necessity of this thread. 
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,578  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.08.2013 | 1:25 PM ET

Check this out, a good friend of mine has a project called "Bass Orchestra" where he does everything on Bass.

Check out his new vid (he's the dude on the Bass, not the goth chick with the big boobs <-- yup, that's how I'm reeling you in, suckas :) ).

Bass Orchestra- Queens of the Stone Age

This is his first vid he did a year or so ago (another friend of mine's the video editor):

The Walking Dead: My Zombie Valentine

Again, EVERY sound and effect is played on the bass guitar somehow ...

* Edited at 07.08.2013, 1:29 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.08.2013 | 2:02 PM ET

@Bill Burgess I use the word 'dang' because of Rener Gracie. Not that weird ass ******** you said.

"الله أكبرl"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,200  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

07.08.2013 | 2:08 PM ET

Time to resurrect this thread with some 3HUNNA ****...

* Edited at 07.08.2013, 2:12 PM ET *

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Swickotine
Swickotine

07.08.2013 | 2:21 PM ET

Swickotine
Swickotine

07.08.2013 | 2:22 PM ET

Ok so cool, youtube embedding is f'd up...?

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,578  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.08.2013 | 2:25 PM ET

Yup, youtube changed something and since then embedding youtube vids on Tapology doesn't work ... post the link

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

07.08.2013 | 8:00 PM ET

3Hunna, you ask?  Will this do?

The Berry Brothers---AKA Groins of Steel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wVVRqWpc

* Edited at 07.08.2013, 8:01 PM ET *

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,386  |  72.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907

07.08.2013 | 8:13 PM ET

I like the video Bill, this kind of dance is the forerunner for breakdance in a way...I can dig it.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

07.08.2013 | 9:23 PM ET

They were quite famous in their day, as flash dancers.  Not as good as the Nicholas Brothers, who I profiled on page one, but still impressive.  Glad you like it, die.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

07.11.2013 | 6:07 PM ET

Dinosaurs still exist today.

On April 25, 1977, a Japanese fishing trawler named Zuiyo-maru, fishing near New Zealand, caught a decomposing dinosaur in their nets.  It was a Plesiosaur.  It was estimated to weigh 4,000 lbs (1,800 KG), and was about 10 meters long.

Incredibly, the ship's captain, Akira Tanaka, ordered that the unique find be returned to the ocean, so as not to contaminate their fish catch!!!  How could such an idiot be a captain???

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/plesios.htm

The evidence was examimed and tested by a group of Japanese marine scientists and the Director of Animal Research at the National Science Museum of Japan reported, "It seems that these animals are not extinct after all.  It's impossible for only one to have survived.  There must be a group."

* Edited at 07.11.2013, 6:15 PM ET *

Fatality
Fatality
  • Predictions:  1,982  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  476

07.11.2013 | 7:16 PM ET

According to that site though, it's most likely a basking shark carcass. Still, interesting find.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

07.11.2013 | 8:58 PM ET

The shame is that the captain lacked the common sense to bring it in for further investigation.

Here's a theory that I came up with.

It might be a dinosaur that died a million years ago, and was captured by a polar ice cap near the South Pole.  It might have been frozen all this time until global warming melted the ice and freed it from its frozen state.  It floated out into the sea and got tangled up in the fishing nets.  Just a random shot in the dark.

* Edited at 07.11.2013, 9:00 PM ET *

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

07.12.2013 | 8:28 AM ET

@wolfmanhowl do you love dogs because you're part wolf?

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.12.2013 | 9:37 AM ET

100 % wolf. + _ +

Page 67

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 4 official weigh-ins results: One heavyweight misses the limit
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I feel like my time’s coming’: Opetaia looks forward to facing Usyk in future
  • MMA Junkie : Dricus Du Plessis points to Alexander Volkanovski as example of why he turned down UFC 300 offer
  • MMAFighting.com : Israel Adesanya teases fight camp underway for UFC return: ‘I dont need any more belts, I’m coming for heads’
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Fires Back At Dominick Reyes For Claiming He Beat ‘Bones’: ‘You Didn’t Do Enough’
  • MMA Mania : Du Plessis Will Gladly Fight Khamzat Instead Of Izzy
  • Middle Easy : Darrick Minner Breaks Silence On UFC Betting Scandal, Status Of ‘Pending Investigation’
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Raul Rosas Jr., Chris Billam-Smith and Richard Riakporhe face-to-face, plus more at 1 p.m. ET
  • Jits Magazine : Mica Galvao And Diogo Reis Re-Commit To ADCC 2024 Instead Of Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMA Junkie : UFC rematches Marcin Tybura vs. Serghei Spivac for August event
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Admits She Failed To Follow Her Game Plan For Holly Holm: ‘I Literally Just Got Hit Right Away’
  • MMA Junkie : Ian Machado Garry pushes for five-round UFC 303 co-main event vs. Michael Page
  • Jits Magazine : Tye Ruotolo To Face Jozef Chen At ONE Fight Night 23
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier talks injuries, iconic UFC 302 photo: ‘It captures a feeling I felt in that moment’
  • MMA Mania : The Rock Injures ‘People’s Elbow’ Filming ‘Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : Ailin Perez calls for UFC main event slot, wants Kayla Harrison or 'war of the asses' with Norma Dumont
  • MMAFighting.com : The Ultimate Fighter 32 video: Robert Valentin scores crushing elbow knockout
  • MMA Mania : Predictions, Odds, Analysis! UFC Vegas 93, X-Factor
  • MMA Mania : No More ‘Freestyle’ Training For Optimized ‘Stylebender’
  • MMA Junkie : The Rock injured while shooting 'The Smashing Machine' scene: 'I got banged up pretty good today'