Topic: dos Anjos vs. Dunham

Dos Anjos vs. Dunham

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,668  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

02.27.2013 | 10:01 AM ET

Prediction: correct dos Anjos   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Dos Anjos vs. Dunham. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,012  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.19.2013 | 10:12 AM ET

@mule

"That perfectly shows why stats suck for judging MMA fights. It absolutely does NOT matter how many strikes land but how effective they are."

Well watching the fight I thought Dunham was landing more volume while RDA was landing with more impact. Turns out RDA was landing more volume with more power. It depends how you score the TD's Evan landed imo. For once a late TD without doing anything with it didn't decide a fight.

See it goes both ways but I certainly agree that it was super close...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,791
  • Post Score: 180

05.19.2013 | 11:40 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Dunham   wrong Decision  

Ok, first die, I wasn't attacking you, I just HATE stats, especially "significant" strikes being used. It's so subjective. I also agree that it was a VERY close fight and absolutely NOT a robbery.

Now as for whose strikes had more power, I just think it was obvious that Dunham's did because Dunham was moving forward. Not an exact science I know but every flurry or striking exchange is it's own small battle and when you are the one who disengages or backs away that means you lost (at least that little part). Counterstriking only works if you throw as you step away or don't run away but rather slip'n'rip. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,791
  • Post Score: 180

05.19.2013 | 11:42 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Dunham   wrong Decision  

Mostly what I took from last night is that obviously Dana thinks it was a bad decision because I thought that was clearly FOTN but I didn't get to see Martins/Larsen cuz I was at my nephew's b-day party. Did you think it really deserved FOTN over this one?

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,012  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.19.2013 | 12:23 PM ET

@mule

No worries wasn't feeling attacked and I agree that the significant strikes stats often seem off when I'm looking at it afterwards. There is also no real measurement what a real significant strike is. Stats don't always tell the whole story but in this case it's interesting to see since it was a standup fight for almost 15 min. and very close one at that. So it's worth a look and you can take certain things from it...

I thought this fight here was far superior in technique, skill and meaning than the Larsen/Martins fight. Which was a slugfest between two medicore strikers who both used their face as defense. I'd give the bonus to RDA/Dunham but both fights were great.

Hearing that Dana thought Dunham was robbed is a good thing, because it hopefully means Dunham gets his win bonus anyway.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

05.19.2013 | 1:48 PM ET

Say you are clinched on the fence tapping small strikes to someone's body. Those are strikes landed but not really significant. Any strike thrown in a boxing/kickboxing style jab, croos, hook, low kick, high kick etc are counted as significant. Non  significant are the short strikes while tied in guard or clinched on the fence. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Oscar De La Hoya Backs Jaime Munguia After Defeat Against Canelo Alvarez
  • MMA Mania : Video: White, O’Malley Get Burnt During Roast Of Tom Brady
  • MMA Mania : ‘The Rock’ Shares Footage From MMA Training Camp
  • Bad Left Hook : Inoue vs Nery: Live updates and results, 4 am ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Drakkar Klose explains UFC 301 beef with Daniel Cormier, calls out Beneil Dariush, Jalin Turner
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 301: Anthony Smith teaches another lesson in misplaced doubt
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Mauricio Ruffy reacts to Conor McGregor comparisons after spectacular UFC 301 debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’