Topic: Site Features & Issues

Get rid of the goddamn arrow/thumb system.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

01.31.2013 | 3:15 AM ET

There's zero point in it, it annoys most people on the site. It's not transparent at all, and trolls like to down vote everything. Seriously, just get rid of it.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 1 week, 6 days, 6 hours, and 9 minutes from now.

Responses Page 13

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.01.2013 | 7:53 PM ET

I wasn't referring to you, C_Arnoud.  I was referring to Lopati.  But you were disrespectful enough.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.01.2013 | 7:53 PM ET

Completely missed this thread and now that I've found it, all I gotta say is that this is the reason why society is going to ****.

I apologize to the moderators in advance but I can't say it in any other way; stop being such ******* *******. Waaah I got a thumb down no one likes me, now I have to slit my wrists and contemplate suicide. If you get pissed off from trivial **** like that, you have to get your priorities straight.

Wanna know what I get pissed at? Corruption. Injustice. Molestation. ****. Child abuse. The genocide of our own race. You wanna get pissed off of thumbs downs? Why don't you appreciate the fact that you actually have an OUTLET TO GIVE YOUR OPINIONS! People in third world countries would MURDER for the chance to get their voice heard by even a fraction of the amount of people that visit this site every day.

You wanna get pissed off of thumbs downs? Go ahead you scummy, ungrateful, self-loathing simps. This makes me sick.

* Edited at 02.01.2013, 7:55 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

02.01.2013 | 7:56 PM ET

Bill... what the hell are you talking about?  Some "AV" tells you that "it" is a woman, you fully accept.  Well, I'm a martian.  I'm out... you've done it.  I'm a martian and want respect.  Get my point? 

Male locker room?  Even-handed Moderating?  Bill... just stop taking everything so damn personally.  Don't bring the whole community into your feeling threshold.  You're the only one upset here... that speaks volumes doesn't it?  You talk of MMA sites... your post is hypocrisy... you're bring up male locker rooms... what "av" is male or female... you're concerned w/ all the wrong things here... settle down... take a breather... relax.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  40,166  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

02.01.2013 | 7:57 PM ET

well said anik

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.01.2013 | 7:57 PM ET

Hey Anik.  Stop sugar-coating it.  Give it to me straight.  What do you really feel?

So, now I'm a scummy, ungrateful, self-loathing wimp?  Stop with the compliments.  What are my faults?

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  246,547  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

02.01.2013 | 8:00 PM ET

@Anik, by apologizing to anybody in any way you are starting to become a ***** yourself! Stop this right now and go back to your old loveable self. I'm also upping you just to **** with you.

@Bill, you know what Kalibo means...

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.01.2013 | 8:03 PM ET

@Bill Burgess Not you only, pretty much everyone that agrees with you (can't be bothered to look for it through this disgusting useless thread) should get shipped off to Somalia, Afghanistan or Bangladesh and then see how much thumbs downs affect you.

It's posts like these where I refuse to believe that you are 63 Bill. A 63 year old should have experienced so much more in life and learn to be grateful for what you can get, instead you come across in this thread as ridiculously immature.

Again (sorry Tap mod team), every person that complains about getting thumbs downs is ****. People need to learn to be grateful for what they have instead of always complaining.

The readers of these posts don't even realize how infuriated I actually am. This thread makes me feel physically ill. I do not want to live in a society filled with people like these.

"الله أكبرl"

Kalibo
Kalibo

02.01.2013 | 8:06 PM ET

@Anik.. it isn't the thread... it is certain member's opinions that is making you ill... and that is okay.  I'll accept your apology to the mod team... and I agree w/ your opinion.  Go check the Slow Days thread... someone went in there and downed all my posts... I could care less. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.01.2013 | 8:06 PM ET

Kalibo.  Think about it.  Who in their right mind would say they are a female on a site like this?  What possible advantage would that have?  Why not take them at face value?  If someone has 'the balls' to admit they're a woman, I'd believe it.  

I can handle a pretty harsh, abrasive environment.  I take care of disabled people for a living.  I am normally calm, respectful and civil.  I used to think this site was the greatest thing since Apple Pie.

But when I am disrespected, I have stopped backing up.  Why am I scolded when I criticize, and they are allowed to call me a ****, over and over, and their posts are left up, and mine are taken down?

Kalibo
Kalibo

02.01.2013 | 8:08 PM ET

You are so damn naive.

And who called you a "****"?   Point that out and it will be removed.  Show me a post that directly calls YOU a ****, and it will be taken down.. absolutely.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.01.2013 | 8:18 PM ET

On page 6 and 7 Lopati referred to me that way.  And it didn't bother me.  I've been called a lot worse than that in my life. 

What annoyed me was when I fired back, some of my posts are deleted.  I am not calling for Lopati's scholarship to be censored.  His literary greatness should stand as is.  Let the world admire his mastership of words forever.

But why take down mine?

Kalibo
Kalibo

02.01.2013 | 8:20 PM ET

Bill.. @Lopati explained several times his intentions... you were not directly called a ****.  However, you did directly tell a member to shove something up their ass.... No more of this... get on w/ things.

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.01.2013 | 8:21 PM ET

Bill, I referred to EVERYONE that was complaining about the downthumbs as a ****.  Not like I singled you out and said you were a ****. I also didnt think your post should have been removed because it didnt bother me I found it rather funny.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.01.2013 | 8:24 PM ET

Kalibo.  I will do as you say.  I have that much respect for you and the way you Mod.

But Lopati did actually call me the c_word, but they deleted it.  In it, he admitted he always down-arrowed me. He later realized how bad it sounded and back-tracked and denied he said it, but he really did.

But you're right, old friend.  Enough of this trivial stuff.  

I detest that whenever I make a principled stand on something, the issue flies out the window and the house makes the thread about me!  I'm the most boring person in the world.  It's about the issue, not me.

Kalibo
Kalibo

02.01.2013 | 8:27 PM ET

One thing is for sure @Bill.. you're not boring at all! 

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.01.2013 | 8:29 PM ET

Bill, I never admitted to down arrowing you all the time.  Quit inferring **** that was never implied.  I clearly stated that I down arrowed everyone in the thread complaining about downthumbs.  I shouldnt have to come on Tapology and see a group of people acting like kindergarteners because of some downthumbs.  Get over it, we all get down thumbs and you can either say "Neat" and move on or you can have a conniption fit and completely disrupt the site.

I only use the downthumbs in extreme measures like this thread other than that I rarely downthumb anyone because  feel everyone has a right to their opinion and I respect that.  

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Kalibo
Kalibo

02.01.2013 | 8:31 PM ET

stop stalking me please.

haven
haven
  • Predictions:  94,655  |  52.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,030
  • Post Score: 188

02.01.2013 | 8:32 PM ET

you have and big mind i look at post all the time and i like the post that tapology bro,s do so if you don,t like it deal with it

"i like mma and the tapology"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.01.2013 | 8:35 PM ET

I can't imagine how anyone could take offense at your language, young man.

your STUPID ******* posts

I did downthumb any post in this thread that complained about downthumbs like a whiny ******* ****.

your old scenile ass

I said I downvoted everyone in this thread that complained like a ****
---------------
Well, since I took the opposite viewpoint to yours, I felt you were calling me a bad name, which you did directly, but they deleted your first offending post.

But who would be so over-sensitive as to take offense to your posts?  Do you always have this kind of problem with those who disagree with you?  If you do, maybe marriage isn't for you.

* Edited at 02.01.2013, 8:38 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.01.2013 | 8:41 PM ET

Sure, Lopati.  You deny you said it.  Fine.  Where does that leave us?

In your opinion, I make stupid, ******* posts, whine like a ****, have a senile ass, and complain too much for you.

I'm fine with that.  No offense intended, no offense taken.

* Edited at 02.01.2013, 8:42 PM ET *

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Reveals His Laundry List of Brutal Injuries Following UFC 302
  • Middle Easy : Curtis Blaydes Accuses Jon Jones of Taking ‘Money Over Prestige’ by Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • MMA Mania : Diaz Vs. Masvidal 2 Costs $79.99 (Seriously)
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Shares Cryptic Image of Himself on Social Media Amid UFC 303 Cancelation Rumors
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Anik: Sean Strickland's 'next fight should definitely be for the championship'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch the Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Anaheim press conference live at 3:30 p.m. ET.
  • MMA Mania : Rodtang Heavy, Puric Bout Moved To Catchweight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Claims Power Slap Has ‘More Viewers’ Than Taylor Swift Online, Sounds Off on ‘Ridiculous’ Paul vs. Tyson Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: Conor McGregor, Muhammad Ali 'both level when it comes to mental warfare'
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Choked Him Out’
  • MMAFighting.com : Eddie Alvarez scoffs at Sean Strickland’s criticism of BKFC fighter pay: ‘I make more than Sean Strickland’
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hardy enjoying matchmaking role with PFL Europe: 'It's a different kind of challenge'
  • MMAFighting.com : Arman Tsarukyan unimpressed by ‘slow’ Islam Makhachev: ‘A very easy fight for me’
  • MMA Junkie : Leon Edwards: I welcome 'massive' Islam Makhachev, fight but we've 'both got work to do within our division'
  • MMA Mania : Strickland’s Style Gets Gaethje’s Seal Of Approval
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People are still counting me out’: Rodriguez looks to silence critics by beating Estrada
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People are still counting me out’: Jesse Rodriguez looks to silence critics by beating Juan Francisco Estrada
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White unloads on Jake Paul: ‘Nobody wants to see Mike Tyson get beat by this f*cking jerk-off’
  • MMA Mania : White: Mac Wages Mental Warfare At Muhammad Ali Levels
  • Jits Magazine : Four More ADCC 2024 Invites Given To Grapplers All Around The World