Tapology Forums

Nick Diaz ranked 8th??

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Superlative
Superlative
  • Predictions:  97  |  48.5%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 236

01.01.2013 | 7:41 PM ET

I'm not complaining just because I'm a Nick Diaz fan, but he should be above Fitch at the very least.

Responses Page 3

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

01.02.2013 | 10:05 PM ET

Just as I am excited to see the Condit vs. MacDonald rematch, I will also be equally excited to see a Condit vs. Diaz rematch.  

Everyone keeps saying how smart Carlos was to fight Nick with a kick and run strategy.  But I am not so sure it was the best way.  I was disappointed to see those tactics.  I wished Carlos had used a stand and bang tactic.  I really think Carlos has the better striking skills and might well have knocked Nick out.

I hope Carlos uses a stand and bang tactic with Nick next time.  It will be so much more exciting, and revealing.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.02.2013 | 10:32 PM ET

@Superlative Highly debatable?

Wait, so is there anyone who ranks Junior Dos Santos above Cain Velasquez right now? Because apparently, it's an intense dispute that has seemed to divide the MMA community in half, according to Superlative.

And how is saying Frankie Edgar could beat Nick Diaz irrelevant to the topic at hand? We're talking about how good Nick Diaz is and I'm saying I'd put my money on a bantamweight to beat Nick Diaz because he isn't very good. He's awful actually. And he's scared of Georges St-Pierre...I don't blame him but he shouldn't act like such a tough guy if he's not.

"الله أكبرl"

Superlative
Superlative

01.03.2013 | 6:42 PM ET

@AnikM I'm disappointed that your best argument as to why Diaz should be ranked behind Fitch is based off of 3 different fighters in two completely different divisions. You're entitled to your opinion but I don't think it's an appropriate one for the topic. Also, when I said that your point about JDS and Cain was "highly debatable" I was refering to the fact that you even used it as an argument when they both have a win over one another, of course Cain is #1 above JDS but what does it have to do with Nick Diaz and Jon Fitch...absolutely nothing. And I couldn't help but laugh at you saying Nick DIaz is scared of GSP, you have to be trolling on that one. Calling out best welterweight in the world = scared???

* Edited at 01.03.2013, 6:43 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

01.03.2013 | 7:09 PM ET

No but avoiding him at all cost = definitely scared. Nick already ducked him once for 137 and now he'll duck him again, just like how he ducked Braulio Estima.

You wanna know why? 'cause he doesn't want to lose. Poor Nick can't take a beating like a man.

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik

01.03.2013 | 7:22 PM ET

Oh and I wasn't arguing about Diaz being ranked behind Fitch but if you want me to, I can.

Let's just compare Fitch and Nick for a second.

Nick's biggest win at welterweight was against BJ Penn, a past-his-prime fat lazy lightweight who doesn't want to cut weight and whose biggest claim to fame at the welterweight division was a fluke win over the champ.

Nick's only win at welterweight against a relevant opponent in the past 5 years is...BJ Penn the fat old lazy lightweight. Here is the list of Nick Diaz's welterweight wins since his return to welterweight:

Katsuya Inoue
Muhsin Corbbrey
Thomas Denny
Marius Zaromskis
Hayato Mach Sakurai
KJ Noons (yup, ANOTHER Lightweight)
Evangelista Cyborg Santos
Paul Daley

The only name I could MAYBE give Nick respect for beating is Paul Daley, and his career's been built off of irrelevant wins as well (save for a freak KO against Martin Kampmann, but again two completely different Martin Kampmanns).

Jon Fitch only has two losses in the UFC, he's coming off a dominant victory over one of the UFC's biggest prospects, he was the number 2 welterweight between 2007 and 2011, when he suffered a fluke KO loss to residential badass Johny Hendricks (who would end Nick's life by the way). He has wins over DIego Sanchez (back when he was good), Thiago Alves (back when he was a monster), the aforementioned Erick Silva, the ridiculously underrated Mike Pierce and Paulo Thiago, who just came off a knockout win against iron-chin Josh Koscheck.

Nick Diaz is overrated. Deal with it. Rounds 2, 3 and 4 *****.

"الله أكبرl"

Superlative
Superlative

01.03.2013 | 7:23 PM ET

I really try to respect everyone and their point of view, but this is just becoming ignorant.

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

01.03.2013 | 7:26 PM ET

I think I know why he is 8th.

People took him off their ranking when he was suspended for a year.
Superlative
Superlative

01.03.2013 | 7:33 PM ET

I can see a good argument being made for Fitch above Diaz, but Fitch went to a draw with that same "lazy" BJ Penn that Diaz beat in Penn's very next fight that year, so while you say Diaz hasn't or can't beat top tier guys, I say to you that the debate is still up in the air. If Fitch can't beat Penn, why can Diaz beat him the same year. 7-8 months is a big gap but not big enough to lose all of your fighting ability in my opinion. If it helps any, I think if Diaz loses to GSP, Fitch would be a pretty good follow up opponent for him.

broadly
broadly
  • Predictions:  732  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  159
  • Post Score: 197

01.03.2013 | 7:45 PM ET

Styles make fights, Superlative.  BJ has god-teir takedown defense and Nick Diaz...well...last we knew it wasn't great but it's been a while since he's fought a wrestler.  I think Fitch 30-27's Diaz.

[img]http://www.tapology.com/ur/18874.png[/img]

Those are my welterweight rankings.  I tend to place a higher value on who I think has the best skill set to win in their division than who's beat who although I of course consider that as well.  That being said, 170 is almost always the hardest division to rank.

EDIT:  eh...I give up on trying to figure out how to imbed those rankings

* Edited at 01.03.2013, 7:48 PM ET *

"Yeah." - Mark Hunt

Anik
Anik

01.03.2013 | 8:04 PM ET

@Superlative I was about to say if you had any sense, you would know that the Penn/Fitch fight was one of the worst judge decisions ever and that the fight was a clear 29-27 fight.

But you don't have sense, you're a Nick Diaz fan. So I won't say a thing.

Also, "this is just becoming ignorant" is really just you refusing to come to terms that I am absolutely 100% right and you are definitely 100% WRONG.

Or maybe you just think that Muhsin Corbbrey is a legitimate talent. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

"الله أكبرl"

Superlative
Superlative

01.03.2013 | 8:22 PM ET

@AnikM Just because I'm a Nick Diaz fan means I have no sense? =/ You say this is about me "refusing" to come with the terms that you're right and I'm wrong.....I say this is more about you wanting to be right, when in reality this isn't about right or wrong, it's about opinions, and rankings. Notice how everyone else can share their opinion while staying respectful to the fighters and other members of the board, while you on the other hand resort to radical insults and outlandish comparisons. After seeing all of the posts across the board I can totally see how or why Fitch can be ranked above Diaz, I still don't see how Diaz should be 8th, but I can see how Fitch could be ranked above him. But when someone like yourself tries to argue that point it just comes across as sloppy, and tacky.

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.03.2013 | 8:38 PM ET

Rankings are LAREGELY biased opinions, they are silly. If you ever need that proved look at Bisping being ranked #2 and he's only ever beat one top 10 opponent and that was by decision. Give me a break.
Anik
Anik

01.03.2013 | 8:50 PM ET

"Just because I'm a Nick Diaz fan means I have no sense?"

Yes that is exactly what I mean. Every Nick Diaz fan is senseless, unless proven otherwise. Are you an exception?

"الله أكبرl"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

01.03.2013 | 8:52 PM ET

He seems to have a ton os sense to me @Anik. He's humble enough to admit he can see why Fitch may be ranked ahead of Diaz, but just questions his 8th spot... wanting others opinions... and you pull an Anik on him.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Anik
Anik

01.03.2013 | 9:12 PM ET

Of course, would you have it any other way?

This discussion would've been a ****load more boring if I was like "I respect your opinion but I would argue that Fitch should be ranked ahead of Nick because of reasons a through z" and then he'd be like "fair enough I agree but I would personally put Nick ahead" and then the thread ends on page 2 and no one gives a damn.

You're welcome everyone.

"الله أكبرl"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

01.03.2013 | 9:22 PM ET

lol... interesting explanation.  I can accept that...lmao.

* Edited at 01.03.2013, 9:22 PM ET *

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Superlative
Superlative

01.03.2013 | 9:31 PM ET

@AnikM pulled a Chael Sonnen.
Anik
Anik

01.03.2013 | 9:43 PM ET

Chael Sonnen pulls an Anik all the time.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

01.04.2013 | 12:29 AM ET

Anik.  I am a huge, massive Nick Diaz fan.  

Let there be peace.  

Where's the sense in beating the hell out of an exhumed, rotting Bruce Lee corpse?  

Let there be peace.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

DelRose
DelRose

01.04.2013 | 3:04 AM ET

Nick has been OOA for almost a year and is coming off a lost. 

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowned De La Hoya After Win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 post-fight show: Reaction to Alexandre Pantoja’s scare, Jose Aldo’s big return
  • MMA Mania : UFC 303 Gets ‘Foggy’ Teaser Trailer
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Mocks Benavidez After Beating Munguia
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya Reacts To Canelo Beating Munguia
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Back-Flipping Pereira Banks $50K
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 PPV Results, Streaming Updates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Alexandre Pantoja ekes by Steve Erceg to retain title in thrilling five-round battle
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 bonuses: The Force is $50,000 strong with Mauricio Ruffy
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez drops, beats overmatched Jaime Munguia to retain 168-pound title
  • MMA Mania : Resurgent Aldo Teases Second Run At UFC Title
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: UFC 301 post-fight press conference