Tapology Forums

Jose Aldo vs Benson Henderson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gearman1
Gearman1
  • Predictions:  123  |  52.8%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 40

12.27.2012 | 12:14 AM ET

How do you guys see this fight happening if/when it does? i see Aldo winning via UD possible tko. but i see aldo using his vicious leg kicks to chop Bendo en route to a UD.

"These people don't want to see me decision him. The want to see me put him away and that's what I'm gonna do."

Responses

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

12.27.2012 | 12:18 AM ET

Chopping Faber's sticks down was one thing. Chopping down Benson's tree trunks he calls legs is another. I see this fight going to decision with a Frankie/Benson feel to it.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

12.27.2012 | 12:20 AM ET

I think Aldo can beat anyone at LW, but even after having said that, I don't think he will defeat Henderson.  Henderson had too many advantages in terms of size, strength, wrestling.  Aldo will always have a chance against Henderson, but the odds would be quite long against him actually taking the title from him.  But Aldo would definitely rank in the Top 5.  Probably even higher.  

And I say that with uncertainty because I have yet to assess how well Melendez and Alvarez will fare against the much deeper competition we have here in the UFC.

At this uncertain moment, I give the following names as the elite of LW.  Henderson, Maynard, Sanchez, Aldo, Melendez, Alvarez.  I put Diaz, Miller, Guillard, Lauzon, Pettis just behind them, in no particular order.

* Edited at 12.27.2012, 1:27 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

12.27.2012 | 12:25 AM ET

That's a hard fight to call right now, for me.  I feel like we'll have a much better idea after Aldo/Edgar.  I'm leaning towards Aldo at the moment.  If Pettis can beat Henderson, I think Aldo can too.

I think the PRIMARY factor in this fight is whether or not Benson has his lucky toothpick.  It's all hinging on the toothpick.

* Edited at 12.27.2012, 12:27 AM ET *

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

12.27.2012 | 12:28 AM ET

Aldo doesnt have the cardio or size to deal with Bendo..

"3HUNNA"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

12.27.2012 | 12:36 AM ET

Aldo - 5'7", 70" reach
Henderson - 5'9", 70" reach

I don't think it's really a huge difference.  If you look at pictures of Aldo next to guys like Maynard he looks pretty big.  You right about the cardio tho, but it might be improved at a higher weight class (smaller cut).

* Edited at 12.27.2012, 12:37 AM ET *

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

12.27.2012 | 1:41 AM ET

Aldo is pretty strong for his size. If he keeps training with Maynard, he'll be damn near impossible to take down. And as for the cardio, that was just the Hominick fight. Every time he's gone the distance in other fights (Florian, Faber), he's looked okay.

* Edited at 12.27.2012, 1:42 AM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Colby Covington Doubts If Ian Garry Is ‘Serious’ About Fighting, Says He Has ‘Unfinished Business’ With Leon Edwards
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t know why the referee stopped the fight’: Diaz reacts to TKO loss to Duarte
  • MMA Mania : Kentucky Fried Erceg Prepared For Brazilian Bottle Bombs
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (April 22-28)
  • MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: Matches to make after UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Watch ‘Countdown To UFC 301’ Video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301: How to watch Rio de Janeiro fight card, lineup, odds, preview videos, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Irish prospect Paul Hughes to co-headline Bellator Dublin
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: What is the best UFC fight still to come in 2024?
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Confirms $5 Mil Payday To Save UFC’s Fight Island Debut
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Made $5 Mil To Save UFC’s Fight Island Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes vs. Bobby King co-headlines Bellator Champions Series: Dublin
  • Jits Magazine : New Wave Jiu-Jitsu Dominate In Enigma Invitational 15 Results
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! UFC Returns To PPV In Rio!
  • Jits Magazine : Gianni Grippo Promoted To Black Belt In Luta Livre
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Colby Covington noncommittal on ‘nobody’ Ian Machado Garry fight: ‘He has to show me he’s serious’
  • MMA Mania : Rogan: Topuria Turned Down Volk Rematch In Perth
  • MMA Mania : What’s Next For Matheus Nicolau?
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brazilian National Championship (Brasileiro) 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction