Tapology Forums

Cool Interview with Vinny M.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.06.2011 | 11:19 AM ET

I know a lot of you were thinking Vinny deserves another shot in the UFC.  This interview touches on that and some other things.

http://www.tatame.com/2011/05/06/New-M-1-champ-Vinny-Magalhaes-happy-with-evolution-in-MMA

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

05.06.2011 | 11:35 AM ET

Good interview.

"I live, I die, I live again."

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

05.06.2011 | 11:54 AM ET

I never quite understood why he wasn't getting the results before. Maybe a few more wins could land him a second shot.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406

05.06.2011 | 11:59 AM ET

Hope he keeps coming on strong, I thought he would win that season of TUF. Then he decided to try and use only standup in the finale, like he said, bad gameplan.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.06.2011 | 12:27 PM ET

He said he has 4 more fights on his contract.. I guess we won't see him around the UFC until late 2012.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

05.06.2011 | 12:38 PM ET

I'm curious as to the wording in some of the contracts...I'd imagine if you were a UFC guy and got cut then signed a contract with a smaller promotion there would be a clause in there releasing you if you were gonna get a fight in the UFC with maybe some sort of buy out or something

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

05.06.2011 | 1:01 PM ET

@soccerkick I'm sure it's different from case to case.

I'm sure some fighters, knowing that they have a chance to get back into the UFC, will refuse to sign multi-fight deals with smaller promotions out of fear of getting locked in.

In other cases even if a fighter has a multi-fight contract, I'm sure promoters have been willing to release the fighter from that contract in order to let them sign with the UFC.  It could damage a promoter's ability to sign other fighters if they gain a reputation of preventing guys from making it up to the UFC.  "If you prevented Bill from getting to the UFC, why should I sign a contract with you?"

And then who knows what else.

"I live, I die, I live again."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

05.06.2011 | 1:13 PM ET

@gregory great points...plus I'm sure the fighters would feel some graditude towards the promotion if he was to get released again and come back to them...which would in turn help the smaller promotion by being able to have "4-time UFC vet Bill" fighting on their next card

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.06.2011 | 5:33 PM ET

I hope you guys are right.. Vinny has some nasty grappling.. I completely under rated his game.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: 5 questions (and answers) before boxing showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • MMA Mania : Mexican Merab Has UF-Si Challenge For ‘Suga’
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo Offer Their Condolences to Francis Ngannou, Preview Jose Aldo’s UFC 301 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Caio Borralho plans to KO Paul Craig at UFC 301, avenge fellow Brazilians: 'I love this matchup'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski declares Jose Aldo the featherweight GOAT
  • MMA Mania : Co-op Live Cancelation Chaos!
  • MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson aspires to 'box a legend of the sport,' not a fellow MMA fighter
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze to Manchester lineup
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Steve Erceg, Caio Borralho, UFC 301 Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Page trains with ‘beast’ Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Junkie : Alessandro Costa motivated to see former rival Steve Erceg fight for UFC title
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 Poster Drops For ‘Makhachev Vs Poirier’
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Ryan Garcia, Jose Aldo’s return at UFC 301, Mike Perry shines again, Paul vs. Tyson sanctioned
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Between the Links LIVE NOW
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo's coach predicts brutal knockout over Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Destroyer’ Draws Two-Year Prison Sentence
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: Ilia Topuria 'not going about things the right way' as UFC champion
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Mais Forte que o Mundo’: Is this even a Jose Aldo movie?
  • Middle Easy : Video – Alex Pereira Takes Down UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier During Backstage Scuffle