Topic: Lee vs. Tezuka

Lee vs. Tezuka

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

12.06.2012 | 11:35 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Lee vs. Tezuka. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

12.06.2012 | 11:35 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Tezuka   wrong Decision  

The only question is if Tezuka can get the takedown and I cannot answer that question at all.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

12.06.2012 | 11:38 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Tezuka   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Sweep the leg Motonobu

* Edited at 12.06.2012, 11:40 AM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

12.06.2012 | 11:47 AM ET

That reminds me of the Johnny Hendricks and Rick Story fight. They had a really quiet crowd, so you were hearing a lot of Karate kids jokes along the lines of "SWEEP THE LEG JOHNNY!"and "NO MERCY!"

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

12.09.2012 | 6:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct Lee   correct Decision  

Lee's weakness has always been his takedown defense and grappling. I think Tezuka is a very efficient grappler and had a very close fight with Caceres in his debut. I see him nabbing his first UFC win via UD.

* Edited at 12.09.2012, 6:31 PM ET *

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

jptd1217
jptd1217
  • Predictions:  2,106  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 67

02.03.2013 | 1:15 AM ET

P
bruce leroy glow
bruce leroy glow
  • Predictions:  1,296  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  234
  • Post Score: 72

02.03.2013 | 2:37 AM ET

i think lee will get the win but i hope Tezuka comes out in a cool mask like his first fight.

"He hit me with some ****** hadouken or some ****, that little ******. nick diaz

TommyT
TommyT
  • Predictions:  73  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 180

02.11.2013 | 10:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct Lee   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Vaughan “Love” Lee (12-8-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) Vs. Motonobu Tezuka (19-5-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC):

- Tezuka is 2” inches taller, has a .5” inch reach advantage and is 5 years younger.

- Tezuka has dropped down from 145 (bigger?).

- Lee is from England, should be a crowd favorite.

- Lee is the former “UK Submission Grappling Champion”.

- Lee holds the record for most submissions in one fight at the TUF tryouts.

- Lee has seven wins by submission, four by knockout.

- Tezuka was DEEP’s Rookie of the Year, Pancrase Rookie of the Year, and is currently ranked #1 in Pancrase at Bantamweight.

- Tezuka is a Black Belt in Judo & Zendokai Karate, and has his Brown Belt in Jiu-Jitsu.

- Tezuka is 12-2 in his last 14 fights, and has 5 wins by submission, and one by knockout.

- Lee is the all around better striker, he lands more strikes per minute at 2.31 (Tezuka: 1.47), has better striking accuracy at 49% (Tezuka 29%), absorbs less strikes per minute, and has better standing defense.

- Lee is also the statically better grappler. He averages more takedown attempts at 2.72 (Tezuka: 2), has better accuracy 40% (Tezuka: 17%), in addition to having better takedown defense and a more active submission game.

Lee over Tezuka. Round 1 submission. Confidence: 4

TommyT
TommyT
  • Predictions:  73  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  44

02.11.2013 | 10:53 PM ET

A friends take on the fight:

Tezuka vs. Lee – Pick: (Tezuka 3rd Dec) – Confidence: 2

·         Tale of the tape is pretty similar, but Tezuka is 5 years younger

·         In Tezuka’s only fight in the UFC, he fought Bruce Leroy and lost a “Split” decision, even though he got destroyed and it should’ve been 30-27 x3.  He spent the whole fight looking for the takedown constantly, and didn’t throw punches at all.  He ended up going 2-12 on TD’s, but barely controlled the fight on the ground.  His whole gameplan is to get you on the ground and smother you.  I do remember that Tezuka looked thoroughly gassed in the 3rd round. 

·         The scary thing for Vaughn Lee is that he has been taken down at least once in each of his last 3 fights. 

·         When I first saw this fight, I immediately thought “Lee – lock, next fight”, but looking at this guy he really is a total scrubnub.  He only has one win against a guy with a wiki (Kid Yamamoto), and doesn’t seem to do anything really well.  He has poor striking, and a poor TD defense.  The only advantage he could have is in the submission game (3 of Tezuka’s 5 losses have come by submission).

·         I think I’m going to go with Tezuka with the upset here.  He is the stronger opponent, and Lee seems very susceptible to the takedown.  I think Tezuka will be able to get the fight to the ground and as long as he doesn’t gas, can steal a couple of rounds with TD’s and octagon control.

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

02.12.2013 | 2:21 AM ET

I have to watch Tezuka vs Caceres, never got to see it. Just looking on paper and overall competition between the two, Tezuka has wins over better competition and hasn't been subbed since 2008. Lee is very dangerous in the 1st round but than seems to fade off.  If a long caceres could not pull a submission on him, I don't have much if any confidence in Lee getting a submission win. But questions arise in my mind because I heard tezuka gassed against Caceres, but it was a really late notice fight for him. Tezuka with 13 decision wins leads me to believe that the late notice and shortened time to cut weight was the reason for him gassing. For now I am going with Tezuka Decision, unless I see anything in the fight between him and caceres.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.12.2013 | 7:29 AM ET

I think Lee subs Tezuka late or takes him to a decision. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

bruce leroy glow
bruce leroy glow
  • Predictions:  1,296  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  234
  • Post Score: 72

02.12.2013 | 9:57 AM ET

i missed the Tezuka vs Caceres fight aswell but i watched on some site. Tezuka did not look great in that fight he has poor  striking and his wrestling was okay but not great if he got it to the ground his control was not that great but lee has bad take down defense and his striking is not the best but i could see lee getting the sub win.

"He hit me with some ****** hadouken or some ****, that little ******. nick diaz

BlackSwan
BlackSwan
  • Predictions:  6,242  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: 105

02.13.2013 | 11:47 AM ET

Lee will have the standup advantage in this bout and Tezuka has the overall better wrestling. If you look at Tezuka's record, he mostly wins by decision by top position. I'm worried about Japanese fighters fighting outside their home country because their record is so horrible abroad. I like Vaughan Lee but I'm not counting out Tezuka. Lee by decision, most likely getting the better in R1 and then stuffing a few takes down and punishing the hard to finish Tezuka..
DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637

02.14.2013 | 6:17 AM ET

Tezuka uses his wrestling to win a decision.
Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

02.15.2013 | 10:40 AM ET

Yeah I'm thinking Tezuka as well.... Lee has gassed in the past. Tezuka will go for the takedown, it's a guarantee. 
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

02.15.2013 | 1:07 PM ET

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

viapicante
viapicante
  • Predictions:  3,783  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  109
  • Post Score: -43

02.15.2013 | 3:28 PM ET

DNB

"| MMADAWGS.com | youtube.com/MMADAWGS | facebook.com/MMADAWGS | twitter.com/MMADAWGS |"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida