Tapology Forums

Phenom-enal MMA weekend

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

11.05.2012 | 4:20 AM ET

Two phenoms, Douglas Lima and Sergio Pettis pressed forward into the spotlight amid a weekend of MMA that was at times bizarre, at times exceptional, and at times exceptionally bizarre. Scintillating comebacks, seizure-inducing KOs and some of the best mustaches this side of 1980 highlighted an unforgettable stretch of Fall fights. I wish I had time to do a full recap but instead I'll just list a few of the moments that were memorable for me. (please add your own)

Jeff Hatton vs Tony Sanchez at Rumble on the Ridge 26

My guy lost but man was this a killer fight. Sanchez got destroyed in the first round, only to pull off one of the best come from behind victories of the year by finishing Hatton in the 2nd.

Miguel Torres vs Marlon Moraes at WSOF 1

The Vegas crowd booed but I enjoyed this chess match thoroughly. It reminded me of Sandro vs Bezerra, only more entertaining. I think Bas said it best when he said, "They [the audience] haven't been there, they don't know what one small mistake can do to you."

Anthony Hamilton vs Mike Riddell at Rumble on the Ridge 26

This one was actually scary. By now everyone's seen the video, but no matter how many times I watch it I'm still not sure Riddell's going to get up. Easily the KO of the year.

Tyson Griffin vs Efrain Escudero at RFA 4

Another great chess match. Only this time, experience prevailed. Near flawless performance by Griffin in his not-a-comeback comeback.

Ryan Ford vs Kyle Baker at Bellator 79

Not exactly what you would call a "war" but Baker showed some serious heart in a losing effort. Kudos to Ford but Baker gets 'Warrior of the Week' in my book. Not to mention best mustache (edging out Ryan Couture at RFA).

One of the more satisfying weekends of the year.

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

Responses

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

11.05.2012 | 8:33 AM ET

It was a great weekend. I need to see this Anthony Hamilton vs Mike Riddell that you say has KO of the Year. Link, anyone?

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible
  • MMA Mania : KnuckleMania 4 Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann vs. Bogdan Guskov prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Is This The Most Violent KO In WMMA History?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 predictions
  • MMA Mania : Nicolau Vs. Perez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • Bad Left Hook : McGrail vs Leach: Live discussion, 2 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results, Streaming Play-By-Play Updates TONIGHT
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : BKFC KnuckleMania 4, live stream, play-by-play and results
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Results, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 live results