Tapology Forums

Dana White is now " Committed" to bringing female MMA to the Octagon.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

10.24.2012 | 12:31 PM ET

Looks like it will happen when Strikeforce  is no more. Opinions?

Responses Page 4

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

10.27.2012 | 7:45 PM ET

Didnt Winslow ref the Cyborg/Finney massacre? That was awful

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

10.27.2012 | 8:04 PM ET

Yes, Winslow refereed that fight.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,708  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

10.27.2012 | 8:28 PM ET

Has any one made a kim winslow "highlight"?  I would love to see a compilation of her bad calls.  I dont want to bash her but putting together the evidence could be beneficial if someone more tech savvy than I were to take on the challenge.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

10.27.2012 | 8:37 PM ET

There's a Kim Winslow video about the Cyborg/Finney fight. I or someone else should do that, would probably be good to point out how incompetent she is.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,228  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

10.27.2012 | 8:54 PM ET

Kim Winslow decides that Julia Budd needs to have her arm dislocated:

King Mo about the late stoppage:

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

CarteLL
CarteLL
  • Predictions:  12,119  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,552
  • Post Score: 263

10.27.2012 | 9:01 PM ET

Not a good move. UFC should remain a male matter.

* Edited at 10.27.2012, 9:03 PM ET *

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

10.27.2012 | 9:04 PM ET

UFC should remain a fighting thing, male or female

"3HUNNA"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.28.2012 | 11:55 AM ET

Against Julia Budd, Kim stopped the fight as soon as she saw Julia tap.  About a second after I saw the tap.  You can't fault the ref for not stopping a fight if the fighter doesn't tap.  Look at the Royce Gracie/Matt Hughes fight.

Gracie NEVER tapped.  He refused even when his arm was bent backwards.  Dan Hardy didn't tap to GSP.  

You guys are completely unfair to Kim Winslow.  Winslow HAD to wait until the tap.  I didn't see the King Mo fight.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

10.28.2012 | 2:04 PM ET

@bill i have no idea why you are so adamant that Winslow is a competent referee. Julia Budd's elbow is sticking straight up in the air for a few seconds, and it is clearly dislocated. Winslow shows zero intent to stop the fight, even though Budd is not tapping. That's a technical submission when that happens. Referees are supposed to stop the fight when an arm is destroyed from an armlock like that.

* Edited at 10.28.2012, 2:06 PM ET *

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

10.28.2012 | 2:11 PM ET

Winslow and Rosales are the 2 refs that I am afraid of allowing death in a fight

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,228  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

10.28.2012 | 2:36 PM ET

@Bill, I'm getting the impression that you're rather new to this. You're completely wrong that a ref "has" to wait until the fighter taps, quite the opposite. Just like the ref doesn't have to wait until a battered fighter who can't defend being hit any more falls down in an unconscious heap to call the fight off as a KO (that's why they're called a Technical Submission and a Technical Knockout respectively). By your way of thinking Herb Dean shouldn't stop Mir when he broke Tim Sylvia's arm, after all Sylvia never tapped, Mir should just keep adding breaks, after all what's the problem, just more metal in the arm afterwards (and while Sylvia vehemently denied being hurt after the stoppage, after the operation he said he's thankful to Herb for stopping it, because otherwise his arm would be so damaged he could never fight again). Or Big John should not stop Jon Jones from choking Machida, since he never tapped. After all if he died right there, there would be no doubt who won the fight, right?

Of course Kim can just as well stop the fight when not only there's no tap, but the hold is not fully applied and there's no damage done like the Perez-Albert fight. And before you start arguing that there was, in the post fight interview Perez himself said that he was surprised, because he was still in the process of locking the hold on, Albert was not submitting, but (in his words) "the ref is saying stop stop", so he did, because the ref is the final authority in the cage.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

10.28.2012 | 3:47 PM ET

We have a self proclaimed Rosa Parks of MMA . Maybe Winslow should be deemed the Helen Keller of MMA  :p

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

10.28.2012 | 4:25 PM ET

If UFC insists on making girl fights, they should make all male and all female cards, so I can skip the female ones.
trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  82,626  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

10.28.2012 | 4:46 PM ET

Nothing wrong with maybe 2 weight classes or just the one weight class till skill develops more, which it will if ufc supports it. Most all woman fights minus a few stars will start the prelims, cant hurt anything, this isnt hockey football or basketball.

* Edited at 10.28.2012, 4:49 PM ET *

leonardcameron16
leonardcameron16
  • Predictions:  294  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

10.28.2012 | 4:51 PM ET

It'll probably be awhile when there's more depth.

"Love MMA"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

10.28.2012 | 4:55 PM ET

anyone trying to defend Kim Winslow should deactivate their tapology account and throw their computer out their window.,

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  82,626  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

10.28.2012 | 5:11 PM ET

It's kinda hard to defend any ref in any sport, are you new to sports?
MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

10.28.2012 | 5:25 PM ET

Chill out Jitz.She is by far the best highway-side Denny's waitress in MMA today.

My paint skills aren't great,But I give it my all!!!

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.28.2012 | 7:29 PM ET

Gentlemen.  If you can't discuss civilly, I won't even bother.  Please keep it positive.  We're pleasantly discussing sports, not negotiating Jerusalem.  

When the ref calls the fight is one of the most difficult things they do.  It's a matter of micro moments.  Most refs wait until a fighter taps to call the fight.  They are trying hard to position themselves to see the action, monitor the figher's facial expressions, involuntary sounds, etc.  

Herb Dean and Big John McCarthy are acknowledged as the best of the best.  Kate Winslow may have been too slow on an occasion or two.  It's too easy for the you guys to knock her, systematically.  No ref would say they are perfect or haven't made a bad call or blown a judgement.  It happens.  

I said nothing about a ref not having to wait to stop a fight if a man can't defend himself properly.  Did I??  We were discussing a ref stopping a fight due to a submission attempt.  One of the hardest things to do perfectly.  

I am not adament in defending ref Winslow.  I am discussing the example offered with intelligence.  Budd had every chance to tap and Winslow was trying to determine if she was defending intelligently.  That's a hard thing to determine in an instant.  Maybe she was a moment too slow.  But even if she was, one late stoppage is not a pattern that has been demonstrated on this thread for discussion purposes.

If she has a pattern of late stoppages, she should be required to attend a ref clinic.  Which she probably would not mind doing.  So, I don't see the problem here, except some members enjoy too much fighting for arguing sake.

@Joe Kerr  I am not new to watching.  Been watching since UFC 1 in 1993.  Bringing up the Mir/Silvia case is controversial.  Silvia was furious.  His arm was broken.  I think the ref was right to stop it.  But an argument can be made on both sides.  Forrest Griffin once fought with a broken arm and won.  Rich Franklin broke his hand in fighting Chuck Liddell but still knocked him out.  Fighters fight while hurt and the fans don't even know it.  

Brazilian Jitz.  Please reactivate your brain and reinstal it into your skull.  It might improve your debate skills.

These issues are not going away and will continue to cause controversy.  And for anyone of you guys to suggest that there are easy answers doesn't make you necessarily a jerk.  Just wrong.

* Edited at 10.28.2012, 7:31 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

10.28.2012 | 8:14 PM ET

You want us to discuss civilly but you are the one that just made personal attacks Bill.
Anytime a fighter visibly has a broken limb the fight should be stopped. Period.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Ivana Petrović vs. Na Liang - Round 1 is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Na Liang 6% Ivana Petrović 94%
  • Na "Dragon Girl" Liang (19-7-0) Heilongjiang, CN is the #79th Top Women Flyweight fighter.
  • Ivana Petrović (6-1-0) NO is the #48th Top Women Flyweight fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 13 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada