Tapology Forums

New Feature: Twitter Timelines for Each Fight

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,568
  • Post Score: 275

04.20.2011 | 7:04 PM ET

Some of you history buffs might like this one. Now when you look on a bout page for a fight, we've locked in the Twitter history for the fighters before and after the fight.

This makes it easy to see what the fighters were talking about in the days leading up to and following the fight, frozen in time.  The results are pretty interesting - each Tweet is timestamped in relation to when the fight took place (1 day before, 2 hours after, etc...).  

You'll see fighters saying things like "Just landed in Vegas, time to go to war!" and then right above that where they say "Flying home, my hand is broken!"   Scroll down on these pages until you find the Twitter section, for some good examples:

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/bouts/ufc-124-thiago-pitbull-alves-vs-john-doomsday-howard

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/bouts/ufc-127-jon-bones-jones-vs-ryan-darth-bader

We aren't collecting tweets for every fighter (some of them don't tweet, others we still need to add), but you'll see this information keep growing.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.20.2011 | 7:11 PM ET

Pretty cool little feature...I know I'll be spending too much time reading those now!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

04.20.2011 | 7:30 PM ET

Nice feature.  I usually don't check out the fighter pages on this site, but this could change that.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.20.2011 | 7:36 PM ET

Very nice feature.. again, I another unique item to Tapology.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Adrian Yanez vs. Vinicius Salvador - A post-fight interview is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Adrian Yanez 94% Vinicius Salvador 6%
  • Adrian Yanez (17-5-0) TX, US is the #23rd Top Bantamweight MMA fighter.
  • Vinicius "Fenômeno" Salvador (14-7-0) MG, BR.
  • UFC Fight Night features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada