Tapology Forums

STRIKEFORCE DIAZ VS DALEY PREDICTIONS & DISCUSSION

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

04.09.2011 | 4:05 PM ET

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Daley takes place tonight with televised fights on Showtime beginning at 10:00 pm eastern time.  Prelims start a couple hours earlier. Watching the fights? Embed your picks and discuss the fights here!

Threads for individual featured bouts:
Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley (77% picking Diaz, 23% picking Daley)
Gilbert Melendez vs Tatsuya Kawajiri (88% picking Melendez, 12% picking Kawajiri)
Gegard Mousasi vs Keith Jardine (92% picking Mousasi, 8% picking Jardine)
Lyle Beerbohm vs Shinya Aoki  (83% picking Aoki, 17% picking Beerbohm)
Hiroyuki Takaya vs Robert Peralta  (89% picking Takaya, 11% picking Peralta)

Embedding all your picks at once:
1) Go to your Strikeforce picks page (on the homepage, look for the view/share picks button)
2) Copy the embed link
3) Paste it here, with the little "img" button while writing your post

Good luck on your predictions.  Prelim and main card results will be entered as they happen... avoid Tapology if you don't want spoilers.   No posting links to illegal fight streams!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses Page 5

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

04.11.2011 | 12:06 AM ET

The prelims were tough because a few were brink of defeat wins, fights like Matthews vs Terrado, Matthews was out striking Terrado but Terrado has an iron chin and good heart he was eating strikes and tons of knees to the head. Then Terrado just swung big punches and he was able to land and knock Matthews out despite losing up until that point badly. Ryan vs Song was a 50-50 guess on those guys but Song was doing well took Ryan down landed some GnP and Ryan just had a good guard trapped him in a triangle. Duarte vs Awad I think I mentioned earlier about Duarte burning himself out in the first and almost getting KOed in the 2nd, he took a lot of big shots, he just to get a sloppy desperation TD and a last minute arm bar. I really think Awad wound up punching himself out in the 2nd beating of Duarte.  Zwicker pretty much kicked the crap out of Albee, and Perez cruised to a decision. Takaya vs Peralta could be considered a bad call but it was an uneventful fight overall not much action from either fighter and was hard to judge because of it. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.11.2011 | 3:41 AM ET

Just rewatched the aoki fight. I noticed Aoki gesturing for the mic really wanting to speak but they didnt give it to him. anyone know why they didnt give it to him? i think its possible they didnt want him saying something like what he did at the press conference or something even worse.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.11.2011 | 7:00 AM ET

I'd bet your absolutely right.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.11.2011 | 11:13 AM ET

Just watched the Diaz/Daley fight that was an amazing 1 round fight...either guy could have won via stoppage and it would have been justified! Hoping to watch the Melendez fight really soon

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Flavio Almeida Promoted To 6th Degree BJJ Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Asia And Oceania Trials 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight show: Reaction to Lewis’ big finish, Buckley’s win and McGregor callout
  • Bad Left Hook : Vasiliy Lomachenko stops George Kambosos to win IBF belt
  • MMA Mania : Liver Shot KO! Lomachenko Styles On Kambosos For Masterclass Win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Is This Guy For Real?!?’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White praises Joaquin Buckley's UFC on ESPN 56 win, but shuts down his Conor McGregor request
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Lomachenko vs. Kambosos ring announcer completely bungle co-main event fight result
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch ring announcer completely bungle fight result for Lomachenko vs. Kambosos co-main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 bonuses: 12-second winner is a $50K no-brainer
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis bonuses: Trey Waters, Billy Goff take home Fight of the Night following epic war
  • MMA Mania : OUCH! Rebecki Shares Photo Of His Mangled Face
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! ‘Black Jag’ Banks $50K For 12 Seconds Of Work
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Balls got hot again’: Pros react to Derrick Lewis knocking out Rodrigo Nascimento at UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis scores vicious knockout, moons crowd at UFC St. Louis 
  • MMA Mania : Hot Balls Highlights! Lewis Delivers Vicious KO Before Mooning Crowd