Topic: Arlovski vs. Sylvia IV

Arlovski vs. Sylvia IV

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,555
  • Post Score: 60

08.25.2012 | 1:37 PM ET

Prediction: Sylvia  |  Decision

This is the official discussion thread for Arlovski vs. Sylvia IV. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

LiLRASKALG
LiLRASKALG
  • Predictions:  3,613  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 86

08.25.2012 | 1:37 PM ET

Prediction: Sylvia  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

how many times do these two need to fight?

"IF I AGREE WITH YOU THEN WE WOULD BOTH BE WRONG!"

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

08.25.2012 | 2:08 PM ET

Prediction: Arlovski  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

Well it's a best out of three i see... So if Arlovski takes this one,we will see nr.5

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,359  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

08.25.2012 | 3:35 PM ET

Prediction: Arlovski  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

I hope Arlovski wins so he can say "How taste my pee pee".

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  34,951  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,408
  • Post Score: 322

08.25.2012 | 3:42 PM ET

...and in case you guys haven't seen it:

* Edited at 08.25.2012, 3:42 PM ET *

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

08.25.2012 | 3:44 PM ET

One of them will die before either retire.

Its scary.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

dsbv
dsbv
  • Predictions:  3,189  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 496

08.29.2012 | 3:49 PM ET

how taste my peepee

"Alistair Overeem is genetically engineered to f*** your girlfriend"- Joe Rogan

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

08.31.2012 | 6:27 PM ET

Prediction: Sylvia  |  Decision

i heard arlovski was winning until he kicked sylvia in the head on the ground instead of waiting for the ref to signal it (which is ******* ********).

"الله أكبرl"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

08.31.2012 | 6:29 PM ET

Prediction: Arlovski  |  Decision

They should just ******* allow soccer kicks. Or don't, i don't really care, you can't have this gray area involved.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

twodragunns
twodragunns
  • Predictions:  31,469  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  335
  • Post Score: 219

08.31.2012 | 7:43 PM ET

Timmy won't ever get another meaningful win in his career imo, unless he gets that ass in shape and rededicates himself to the sport 100%.
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

08.31.2012 | 7:54 PM ET

I only saw about a minute till the knock out occurred but Andre's stand up looked crisp and he should have gotten the KO victory for sure. The NYBA got some soccer kicks in from what i have heard (yet to see it, but that is what i heard) so this should have worked for Andre.

I wonder if Sylvia will ask for his job from Dana after this lol?

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

08.31.2012 | 9:03 PM ET

so you have to wait for a signal from the ref to soccer kick? stupid ass rule. if the guy is down long enough for a guy to look at the ref and get the ok, they should go ahead and call the fight. 

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,175  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

08.31.2012 | 9:05 PM ET

PATHETIC AND FAE FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END !!!!

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,359  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

08.31.2012 | 9:09 PM ET

Haven't watched the fight only saw gifs, but just from the gifs it looks like Arlovski's chin was holding up pretty well.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

08.31.2012 | 9:15 PM ET

For those of you who didn't see it.Arlovski won.Sylvia cheated/tried cheating 3 times and got away with it.The soccer kick rule is B.S.Sylvia milked it so he wouldn't lose and would get more money due to a rematch.
lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

08.31.2012 | 10:39 PM ET

@madmike, nice av!

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

09.01.2012 | 12:08 AM ET

Thank you sir.Pretty much the same thing happened at ONE FC.

* Edited at 09.01.2012, 12:08 AM ET *

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

09.01.2012 | 11:20 AM ET

BS decision like the Erik SIlva one.

and yeah madmike, sweet av. i could watch that all day.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

09.01.2012 | 12:44 PM ET

It's just a silly rule that needs to be changed.  I don't recall anybody getting killed in Pride and all of that crap was legal.  I also think they need to agree on an interpretation of the rules if they're going to continue with them.  How ars some fights like this considered no contests yet Arlovski would have been given a loss in other organizations? Example: Anderson Silva vs Okami and Jones vs Hamill.
Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,712  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

09.01.2012 | 2:03 PM ET

Keep the back of the head, spine, fish hooking, eyes, and groin rules and allow everything else.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

09.01.2012 | 2:52 PM ET

@Dan: Agreed. The only reason the U.S. and some other countries don't allow soccer kicks or knees/kicks to downed opponents is because they "look" bad.  They give the impression of a street fight. I think we're past needing to make mma look legit, and it's time to wise up on the rules.  Soccer kicks and knees/kicks to downed opponents eliminate a lot of these crappy stalemate positions that make fights less realistic and less entertaining.  Allow knees to the head, and the turtle position will disappear.  There won't even be that many knees to the head in that position because people will stop getting into it.  Want to stop the ridiculous lying in your guard and wiggling your feet around, challenging your opponent to come to the ground?  Let the other guy soccer kick and stomp his head like Shogun used to do.  That'll bring an end to that garbage as well.  It'll also get rid of that crap where a fighter puts one hand on the ground to keep from getting a knee to the head.  I'm relatively certain that a knee from Anderson Silva to one's head is an awful feeling, regardless of if you are grounded or standing. 

Oh, and that other rule in the UFC that says you can't bring down elbows to the head at a downward 12-6 angle...there's yet another one that needs to get changed.  Jon Jones loses to Matt Hamill after beating the crap out of him, but he would have won if he delivered the elbows at a different angle.  It's enough to drive a man crazy.....

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Jon Jones Passes on Tom Aspinall, Eyes Historic Showdown with Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Ceremonial Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : 'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift
  • UFC.com : Ismael Bonfim Is Looking To Impress
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t,’ Garcia responds
  • UFC.com : José Aldo: A Homecoming Fit For A King
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 5: Nightswimming deserves a quiet night with Karolina Kowalkiewicz
  • UFC.com : Iasmin Lucindo Is Ready To Start Building Her Own Legacy
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Canelo Vs Munguia Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video at 3 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Martinez questions Jose Aldo's motivation in UFC return: 'I don't think he wants to be here'
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo agreed to box on Paul vs. Tyson card before taking UFC 301 fight, interested in Manny Pacquiao match
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul says Mike Tyson the one who requested a professional bout: 'I'm going to f*cking put him down'
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Ready to Embrace the Backlash He’ll Receive by KO’ing Mike Tyson: ‘I’m Going to F*cking Put Him Down’
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Predictions, Main Card Preview And Betting Lines
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor 'disgusted' by Ryan Garcia's positive drug test: 'Get your head together or kill yourself'
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Has there been a UFC pay-per-view with less buzz than UFC 301?
  • Jits Magazine : Four Former Trials Winners Given Invites To ADCC 2024
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Hopes to ‘Finish His Story’ at UFC 302 with a Lightweight Title Victory Over Islam Makhachev