Tapology Forums

Rich Franklin vs Forrest Griffin

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

10.20.2010 | 7:14 PM ET

There talking about having this match on UFC 126 or 127, who you guys got winning and how?

"here I come to save the day"

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.20.2010 | 7:28 PM ET

I'm gonna say Franklin by more competitive decision than you might think.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

10.20.2010 | 7:29 PM ET

yup, it's rumored for 127.  as soon as the event date and venue is solidified we're opening the bout for official predictions.  this is gonna be a close fight, and has a good chance to go the distance in my opinion.  i think griffin gets the edge despite some lackluster showings recently because he is slightly bigger, has slightly better reach, and is perhaps a bit stronger. the skillsets are similar except rich has more power in his hands. both like to use leg kicks and neither one is a great wrestler so i could see it taking place on the feet most of the way. i'll save my official prediction for once the bout opens up, but there you have it . . . leaning towards griffin.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

old dirt dog
old dirt dog
  • Predictions:  447  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  236
  • Post Score: 33

10.20.2010 | 7:46 PM ET

forrest via size and durability.  
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

10.20.2010 | 8:24 PM ET

I am going with Rich. Forrest has only a one inch reach advantage and though he certainly the larger fighter, I don't see his strength meaning much. Franklin never really been over powered, even by some one like Matt Hammil. His ability to get up and avoid damage on the ground is second to none. I feel this be mainly a stand up match. Franklin has more power especially at this weight class. He the more technically sound, but most importantly he going to ahve a significant speed advantage. This will be fight of the night, and perhaps even KO of the night, were I see Franklin finishing this in the 2nd round with superior, speed, power and technical skill.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

10.20.2010 | 8:24 PM ET

I am going with Rich. Forrest has only a one inch reach advantage and though he certainly the larger fighter, I don't see his strength meaning much. Franklin never really been over powered, even by some one like Matt Hammil. His ability to get up and avoid damage on the ground is second to none. I feel this be mainly a stand up match. Franklin has more power especially at this weight class. He the more technically sound, but most importantly he going to ahve a significant speed advantage. This will be fight of the night, and perhaps even KO of the night, were I see Franklin finishing this in the 2nd round with superior, speed, power and technical skill.

Pharaoh Ramses
Pharaoh Ramses
  • Predictions:  299  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  38
  • Post Score: 66

10.20.2010 | 8:28 PM ET

good analysis @ 12:24only difference is i see it going to decision

"O Plato o Plomo // Silver or Lead"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

10.20.2010 | 11:13 PM ET

sorry for the double post, dont know why it did that.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘He can’t control his emotions’: Josh Taylor confident he’s got the edge over Jack Catterall
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor takes aim at UFC's welterweight title picture: 'Leon Edwards loves a decision'
  • MMAFighting.com : Neeraj Goyat vs. Whindersson Nunes announced for Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul undercard
  • MMA Mania : MVP Accepts Garry’s UFC 303 Callout
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Tyron Woodley equates final UFC fights to ‘a simulation,’ calls ‘Apex arena deal kinda whack’
  • MMA Mania : The End Of Pay-Per-View?
  • Jits Magazine : Charles Oliveira Open To Colby Covington And Max Holloway Superfights
  • MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : SWATTED? Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances