Tapology Forums

Brandon Vera appreciation thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

08.05.2012 | 12:19 PM ET

After an impressive perofrmance last night I tough I owe to Vera to show him a little appreciation, because I tought the fight was a bad match and there was no reason for it to happen, he sure show me (and lot of us) wrong.
I used to like Vera like a lot of ppl did I guess, he was a good and an impressive fighter with a good career, but then it all went to hell.

Now it looks like he has come back, he fought a very good fight, at some point in the end 2nd round, I thought he could defeat Rua, he showed he is a very dangerous opponent with good power and a good chin, not many fighters can survive the kind of power that Shougun was unloading in Vera in the 1st and 2nd round.
congrats to Vera for his performance and I hope to see him fight again soon. a fight against Bader would be fun.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Responses

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

08.05.2012 | 12:23 PM ET

I saw this thread coming, and I'm glad to participate, his chin was better than I expected, and even though he was close to being finished twice he hung in there and went 4, impressive and showed striking that can give a lot of people problems. 

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

08.05.2012 | 12:47 PM ET

When I very first started getting into mma (UFC 63) Vera was my favorite fighter. I loved how confident he was and how he fought. At some point he lost himself and it's pretty much been down hill for the past several years for him However last night the old Brandon Vera showed up and it was awesome to see. I just hope it wasn't a one time thing because he fought Shogun. Vera has really good skills and I love when he really showcases all of them.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.05.2012 | 12:48 PM ET

I actually like Vera a lot more now then I used to.  He is more humbled & classy now.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

08.05.2012 | 1:33 PM ET

@kalibo, yes I like that he's more humble and seems very focused, he could breathe new life to the 205 division

* Edited at 08.05.2012, 1:39 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

08.05.2012 | 1:37 PM ET

I hope we get to see the Brandon Vera that showed up last night more. When he's on, i think he can be a dangerous fighter.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

08.05.2012 | 10:59 PM ET

I like Vera hes a cool dude and an underrated fighter. When Vera is on he truly is a dangerous guy, he has vicious kicks and muay thai, his last few fights he has looked pretty bad. But against Shogun he looked pretty good, he seems like hes on the path back to the Vera of old.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.05.2012 | 11:18 PM ET

I was just going to say.. I agree w/ you @MIke... but a year ago... that would have sounded absurd.  I hope he's back!  Next fight will def show us.  He is classier now... more humble now... just a better fighter/guy now.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

08.06.2012 | 12:59 AM ET

I'd like to see him fight Thiago Silva again, see how he fares when Silva is clean. Vera must still hear the sound of bongos on a quiet night.

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

08.06.2012 | 7:48 AM ET

I gotta give it up to Vera as well, I thought he had no chance and he hung in there for quite awhile and was landing some good shots on Shogun.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy
  • Predictions:  13,158  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,307
  • Post Score: 144

08.06.2012 | 9:22 AM ET

Maybe I was just worked up and rooting for Vera after watching him hang in there, but I actually gave him a round.

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask? - BJ Penn"

kctec
kctec
  • Predictions:  3,322  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: 159

08.06.2012 | 10:01 AM ET

I have to admit that I used to not be a Vera fan.  But I found myself rooting for him.  He showed a lot of poise hanging in there with a very talented striker.   Shogun looked sharp but Vera's striking forced him to take it to the ground on more than 1 occasion.  I thought this fight had FOTN,  as a matter of fact for the most part this was an awesome card.  I really hope that White and Zuffa give Vera some more shots,  his record does not reflect this guys ability.

"If you can't beat them, put them into your trunk and drive them to somewhere you can."

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

08.06.2012 | 11:30 AM ET

So it seems Vera is back in the mix, he is still young and able to climb higher than his current status in the division. I gotta admit, I'mma root for this guy from now on

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

Fenice
Fenice
  • Predictions:  52  |  48.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 133

08.06.2012 | 12:26 PM ET

I give him all the credit in the world. I am a huge Shogun fan, but Vera showed serious heart and determination. He left everything out there, and has nothing to be ashamed of. I cannot wait to see his next fight.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

08.06.2012 | 7:06 PM ET

I wanna see Brandon Vera vs Joey Beltran

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski calls Jose Aldo featherweight GOAT ahead of UFC 301: 'He's how a champion should be'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey writing script for her own Netflix biopic, no longer expected to star in film
  • MMAFighting.com : Oscar De La Hoya ‘definitely going to sue’ Canelo Alvarez for defamation after explosive claims
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 4: Jose Aldo, Alexandre Pantoja hang with soccer legend
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith insists there's no personal beef with UFC champ Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : ‘Beast’ Mode! Khamzat Now Training With ‘MVP’
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Merab Dvalishvili dig grave for Sean O’Malley, issue UFC 306 challenge
  • MMAFighting.com : Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze set for UFC 304 in Manchester
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m definitely going to sue Canelo for defamation’: De La Hoya responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Cedric Doumbe doesn’t want Marc Goddard refereeing his fights again: ‘I don’t like the guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: 5 questions (and answers) before boxing showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • MMA Mania : Mexican Merab Has UF-Si Challenge For ‘Suga’
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo Offer Their Condolences to Francis Ngannou, Preview Jose Aldo’s UFC 301 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Caio Borralho plans to KO Paul Craig at UFC 301, avenge fellow Brazilians: 'I love this matchup'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski declares Jose Aldo the featherweight GOAT
  • MMA Mania : Co-op Live Cancelation Chaos!
  • MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson aspires to 'box a legend of the sport,' not a fellow MMA fighter