Tapology Forums

Nick Diaz is now asking for Anderson Silva.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

07.28.2012 | 4:40 PM ET

True to form, Nick Diaz is now announcing he is no longer retired.  In a Bleacher Report from today, he is calling out Anderson Silva.  Strange.  I thought Nick was still suspended until February 4, 2012.  I guess that doesn't stop you if you are Nick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1275662-nick-diaz-plans-on-returning-to-ufc-requests-fight-with-anderson-silva 

When he does come back, I have no doubt that the UFC will give him that fight.  His drawing card strength will compel that it happens.  Only thing is, I can't see how Nick could possibly defeat Silva, no matter what he does.  If Nick can take the Spider down, maybe.  But that is a big if.  

Any thoughts?

* Edited at 07.28.2012, 4:40 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

07.28.2012 | 4:42 PM ET

The UFC will not give him an immediate middleweight title fight after coming off of a welterweight loss and testing positive for a banned substance.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

07.28.2012 | 4:43 PM ET

No way in hell does he wins this fight or even deserve this
This would be Andersons most lopsided victory ever, 
and thats a statement. 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.28.2012 | 4:49 PM ET

Anderson would win but idk how. I can't picture a Diaz ever getting knocked out and Nick Diaz won't get submitted by Anderson, no ******* way.

The fight would be perfect for Anderson though, he thrives against fighters who push the action against him.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

07.28.2012 | 4:50 PM ET

I understand that when you lose a WW decision, and are coming off a suspension, he will not get a MW title fight right off the bat.  

But let's face it.  Down the road, it WILL happen.  For several reasons.

1. Silva is running out of credible opponents
2. Silva is aging and they need to find him big fights that are viable.  
3. Diaz has legions of hard-core fans.
4. Diaz aggressive style will energize the media buzz to make this fight happen.

I agree with you, Gregory that it won't happen immediately, and he doesn't deserve it yet.  But you know as well as I do that the business aspect of things will force it to happen.  Money talks.

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,901  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

07.28.2012 | 4:55 PM ET

There is no chance the UFC makes that fight.  Nick just lost to Carlos Condit.  It's a classic case of calling out the toughest guy around at a time when there is no chance at actually fighting him.

If they did make it, Anderson would destroy Nick Diaz.  What is NIck going to do....walk down Anderson Silva and box him up?  Can he take Anderson Silva down?  No, and no. 

Anderson's size, footwork, versatile striking arsenal, and well rounded skill set would be way too much for Nick.  Nick would walk forward and Anderson would hit him with anything and everything he wants.  It would be similar to Nick's first fight with Noons. 

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

07.28.2012 | 4:57 PM ET

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

07.28.2012 | 5:03 PM ET

@AnAlias  I agree with your fight analysis of Diaz/Anderson.  I also can not see a way Nick could win.  If Nick pursued his customary walk-down style, he would get hit with so many shots and kicks, he would go down quickly.

Anderson would kick his mouth piece out of his mouth and then his teeth out.  Nick would have no defense to such a savage blitzkrieg of offensive power. 

But did you mean that the UFC wouldn't make that fight now, or ever?  I think they would make it because from a business standpoint, it is a no-brainer.  Too many fans would savor, slobber and drool to see Nick either win or get his ass kicked.  Either way, it will be too much to resist.

If the UFC can put Henderson against Jon Jones, and Vera against Shogun, you should realize that the UFC has no problems putting together lopsided mismatches.  One more massive money-making mismatch won't prevent anything.

AnAlias
AnAlias

07.28.2012 | 5:04 PM ET

It is not a sure thing that this fight ever happens at all.  Even if Nick comes back and wins the welterweight title, he'd have to defend the title a few times before a superfight with Anderson would make sense.  If he just moves up right away, he'd still have to win at least a couple of middleweight fights before getting a title shot.

There are still people at 185 for Anderson to fight.  There's Weidman, Belcher, Bisping, Boetsch, Stann, Belfort.....and there's always more contenders coming up the ranks.  Especially considering Anderson may only fight a few more fights, declaring Anderson vs Diaz inevitable is just silly.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

07.28.2012 | 5:14 PM ET

Eventually, this fight will happen for 1 reason.  Money.  The UFC is a business and money drives most of its decisions.

Money will force this fight to happen, whether it should or not.  Whether Diaz deserves it or not. 

For the exact same reason that it will force a Diaz / GSP fight.  Eventually.  Sooner or later.

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

07.28.2012 | 5:18 PM ET

This fight would be purely for Diaz haters to laugh their asses off at his obvious embarrassing demise at the hands of Silva. he doesn't act well to losing, so losing embarrassingly will do God knows what to him. maybe he'll get a reality show out of it.

"I Get Better."

AnAlias
AnAlias

07.28.2012 | 5:23 PM ET

What if Nick loses his first fight back?  The money in MMA is a fickle *****.  One day you're super marketable, the next your not.  Nick is popular, but it's not like he's established himself to the point of someone like Randy Couture, who could lose fights, but still be promoted in title fights.  That was also a different time.  The same thing probably couldn't happen today. 

Too much would have to happen before that match could be made to say it's inevitable for any reason.  Nick calling out Anderson is just Nick being Nick.  He'll probably take the fight not being made as Anderson ducking him.  Who knows what goes through that guy's head.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

07.28.2012 | 5:45 PM ET

"Anderson would win but idk how. I can't picture a Diaz ever getting knocked out "
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21je5_ua-4-king-of-the-mountain-final-nic_sport

"here I come to save the day"

lucya92
lucya92
  • Predictions:  321  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 103

07.28.2012 | 9:02 PM ET

I don't think this fight would be a lopsided as some people think, Patrick Cote looked good against Silva until his knee went a couple of years back in there fight and Nick is a lot better than Cote in my opinion. So if Cote could put on a show against the spider why couldn't Nick .... Also depend how Serious Silva take's it Diaz shouldn't be under estimated and Silva's one ignorant guy.

I've had a drink so if that doesn't make sense tough :p
Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

07.28.2012 | 9:09 PM ET

'Tough :p' Haha. You're obviously British too aha! Thats the way we all act about everything. 'YE DONT LIKE IT WELL YE CAN **** OFF YOU ****, SQUARE-GO-LIKE!'

But there's also the otherwise which is Andersons faced superior fighters to Nick and demolished them :P Cote and Diaz are very different fighters, so its too simple to say Diaz could do well because of Cotes showing :P

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.28.2012 | 9:11 PM ET

"I don't think this fight would be a lopsided as some people think,"

I dont think so at all. I believe this would be an utter beat down of nick diaz.

"Patrick Cote looked good against Silva until his knee went a couple of years back in there fight"

Looked good? almost nothing happen during that fight and Cote lost every single round.

" and Nick is a lot better than Cote in my opinion."

yes and?  So is rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Vitor, Okami ect.

" So if Cote could put on a show against the spider why couldn't Nick"
First cote did not "put on a show" the fight was extremely boring.

Second your using ABC logic and that simply not how fights work. And your leaving out the fight inbetween several of which were knock outs of people like Forrest and Vitor who are leaps and bounds better then cote.

Third Cote lasted because he did not enagage he just stood in the middle of the cage and let anderson pot shot him at will. Do not  kid yourself that it was a close fight at all, people simply assume so because Anderson never went for the Finish, but he also was never losing any point during that fight. b

Fourth it because cote never choose to engage anderson. Anderson was easily winning so why take the risk of going for the finish against a guy who has iron chin and crazy knock out power?

".... Also depend how Serious Silva take's it Diaz shouldn't be under estimated and Silva's one ignorant guy.

I've had a drink so if that doesn't make sense tough :p"

lol. 

* Edited at 07.28.2012, 9:14 PM ET *

lucya92
lucya92
  • Predictions:  321  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 103

07.28.2012 | 9:12 PM ET

oh yeah I know there different fighters and that but I wouldn't put them down as the same ''Calibre'' say, I can't think of a word to describe what im thinking about ha but hopefully you know what I mean. Diaz is a more able fighter I reckon.

I don't mean he WILL win I just don't think it will be a total lopsided match. I'd actually love to see it :D
Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

07.28.2012 | 9:13 PM ET

ALRIGHT FRANKLIN CALM DOWN, SHE'S A LASS FROM THE UK ALRIGHT. THEY CAN'T HOLD THEIR DRINK! :P

Jam your hype my friend ;)

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.28.2012 | 9:16 PM ET

"ALRIGHT FRANKLIN CALM DOWN, SHE'S A LASS FROM THE UK ALRIGHT. THEY CAN'T HOLD THEIR DRINK! :P

Jam your hype my friend ;)"

lol

I am calm...........

* Edited at 07.28.2012, 9:16 PM ET *

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  296  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

07.28.2012 | 9:28 PM ET

"The UFC will not give him an immediate middleweight title fight after coming off of a welterweight loss and testing positive for a banned substance"-Gregory. I agree and couldn't say it better. 
skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

07.28.2012 | 10:57 PM ET

After Diaz loses I wonder if he will call out Jon Jones

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him
  • Bad Left Hook : Roach vs McCrory set for June 28 on ProBox TV