Tapology Forums

Diaz striking.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

04.01.2011 | 1:02 AM ET

Anyone else think Nick Diaz could out strike Paul Daley? People are saying Diaz needs to get it to the ground ASAP, but I don't think it's such a big mismatch. Agree? Disagree?

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

04.01.2011 | 1:10 AM ET

I agree. I don't think Diaz is a great striker. Daley is definitely better; however, Diaz should have a decent reach advantage and he often out-strikes better strikers by getting in their head and fighting in an aggressive, unorthodox manner. I don't see Daley having much of a shot in this one.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.01.2011 | 1:19 AM ET

Daley is easily the better striker of the two and a lot of that is his power...if this fight stays on the feet I see Daley getting a KO win...I don't think Diaz is that bad with his hands just not the same power Daley has

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Joker313
Joker313
  • Predictions:  34,431  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  575
  • Post Score: 215

04.01.2011 | 1:46 AM ET

Nick is going to pick Daley apart with his boxing, on average he throws like 300 punches a round.. Daley's left hook wont work on Diaz cus he will counter it all night long..
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.01.2011 | 9:27 AM ET

Well, if Cyborg can land on Diaz, Daley can for sure.  I agree with SoccerKick here.  Diaz would be smart to feel it out and pull a KOS... only difference is Diaz can easily win this fight with a finish on the ground.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

04.01.2011 | 11:19 AM ET

I think that Paul Daley has the advantage in striking technically and when he comes to knockout power, but Nick Diaz might have the more effective striking.  I think he could definitely outstrike Paul Daley, the only thing I'm worried about is if he eats a couple of Daley's hooks in the process.  I know Diaz has a great chin, but so does Scott Smith.  I think if Diaz does get caught instincts will kick in and he'll drag Daley to the ground where he'll get a submission win.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.01.2011 | 11:21 AM ET

I think if he really wants to win this fight, he needs to drag Daley down and submit him regardless. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

04.01.2011 | 11:26 AM ET

If Diaz wants to win he should go away from trading in the pocket and picking him apart outside,

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

04.01.2011 | 11:50 AM ET

@LynxGuy - Scott Smith "had" a great chin. He's known for taking massive amounts of punishment. Robbie Lawler, Nick Diaz, and Cung Le (both times) all beat the snot out of him. Taking the amount of punishment he has wears a guy down as we've all seen. I'm in no way trying to discredit Daley's KO of him because he has plenty of power to KO anyone he fights. Paul Daley just put the stamp on his chin to send it good bye forever.

I think Diaz will do what he always does. Pepper Daley with shots that never stop coming in route to a UD. I don't see him taking Daley down often, if at all, he's never been known for any type of great TD's. But his constant pitter patter striking will frustrate Daley causing him to engage in ways he shouldn't and leaving him open for countershots and another Nick Diaz beating....

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Oscar De La Hoya Backs Jaime Munguia After Defeat Against Canelo Alvarez
  • MMA Mania : Video: White, O’Malley Get Burnt During Roast Of Tom Brady
  • MMA Mania : ‘The Rock’ Shares Footage From MMA Training Camp
  • Bad Left Hook : Inoue vs Nery: Live updates and results, 4 am ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Drakkar Klose explains UFC 301 beef with Daniel Cormier, calls out Beneil Dariush, Jalin Turner
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 301: Anthony Smith teaches another lesson in misplaced doubt
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Mauricio Ruffy reacts to Conor McGregor comparisons after spectacular UFC 301 debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’