Tapology Forums

Steven Seagal MMA Master or Fat Buddha?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

kctec
kctec
  • Predictions:  3,322  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: 159

07.16.2012 | 9:50 AM ET

So this past year we have seen the rise of Steven Segal as an MMA guru to the stars.  Anderson Silva, Machida, and Wiedman have all to some extent had a line like connect the dots drawn to them.  So my question is it Steven Segals ability to show that as people run at you with locked and extended arms you can throw them around and break them like twigs or is there something deeper here?  

For those of you who don't know or never trained in Aikido this guy is legit.  In Aikido linage is everything much like BJJ.  Segal trained under guys in Japan that trace right back to Ueshiba the creator of Aikido.  Aikido was a modern form of martial arts which really is a modern take on the Samurai Martial practices.  

What does the community think of Segal?

"If you can't beat them, put them into your trunk and drive them to somewhere you can."

Responses Page 2

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

07.16.2012 | 5:46 PM ET

Seagal's martial art is from what I understand hand to hand combat mostly

Anderson is a Muay Thai kickboxing master and Lyoto is a Karate master.Both of those disciplines teach you the front kick from day one!

Seagal is just a fame ***** and an overall disease on the sport.He's trying to survive as long as he can now that his show got cancelled and he actually truly believes he is above everyone in MMA.

Funniest thing was when he was asked if he knew who Ronda Rousey was and he said he didn't know who she was because she was a woman.. The reality is Seagal could do his aesthetically pleasing little slaps all he wants but when push comes to shove Rousey would toss him on his ******* head and make him **** himself just like Judo Gene did..

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

07.16.2012 | 6:32 PM ET

jaffa- id love to see it, judo tosses with a big size difference are the funiest thing in the world, like midgets on pogo sticks funny

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.16.2012 | 7:47 PM ET

Anderson Silva was great before Seagal entered the picture and not much has changed since he's been in the picture. Machida has got worse since training with Seagal, not sure it has much to do with him either way. Seagal as far as acting goes is awful.

I do believe the guy knows how to fight but everytime he walks down with Silva in his yellow tint glasses and receding hair line he just looks ridiclous. I guess it's his way to get some attention.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  83,135  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

07.16.2012 | 10:32 PM ET

That seagal reggae song has amazed me in a way i have not been amazed on a monday before.
curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

01.23.2013 | 7:22 PM ET

I found this and LOLed pretty hard. And they didnt even discuss him teaching Silva how to front kick

http://www.vice.com/read/steven-seagal-is-the-lamest-guy-ever

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

01.23.2013 | 8:26 PM ET

Anybody know why Richie did Bobby Lupo??

As a martial artist he is great.  As a movie star he is also great, I enjoy his films.  In mixed martial arts, he ain't ****.  I do enjoy Sensei as a running joke.

* Edited at 01.23.2013, 8:30 PM ET *

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

01.23.2013 | 8:34 PM ET

He's preety much a narcisistic unrational attention seeker.

I think he was preety bullied he ended up like this. People are not born like this, they have to grow somehow to get like this

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

01.23.2013 | 8:43 PM ET

This has got to be one of the longest running troll jobs in this sport's history. I can't believe it's still going on.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

WhyDooIt
WhyDooIt
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: -60

05.25.2013 | 4:37 PM ET

Seagal is an Aikido master.  He's a little past his prime but he was awesome in the old school - up there with Arnold and Sly.
WhyDooIt
WhyDooIt

05.25.2013 | 8:08 PM ET

I disagree...he has a facebook contest right now where's he giving out MMA gloves and other props from his movies.  That's at least SOMETHING for MMA, right? Lol

Here's the link : https://www.facebook.com/DeadlyCrossingMovie/app_366745986767245

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.25.2013 | 9:02 PM ET

steven seagal is a Hollywood has -been who sees MMA as a place where "He" thinks he is relevant.
Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.25.2013 | 9:08 PM ET

Seagal is GOAT

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

WhyDooIt
WhyDooIt

05.26.2013 | 4:29 PM ET

can't believe you guys are hating on a legend.  Seagal in his prime would be a top MMA fighter if he wanted to.  He probably still could lol  Watch Deadly Crossing or Under Siege and witness the legend!

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC 301, The Morning After: Retirement Isn’t Real!
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 6-11
  • Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowned De La Hoya After Win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 post-fight show: Reaction to Alexandre Pantoja’s scare, Jose Aldo’s big return
  • MMA Mania : UFC 303 Gets ‘Foggy’ Teaser Trailer
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Mocks Benavidez After Beating Munguia
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya Reacts To Canelo Beating Munguia
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Back-Flipping Pereira Banks $50K
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 PPV Results, Streaming Updates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Alexandre Pantoja ekes by Steve Erceg to retain title in thrilling five-round battle
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 bonuses: The Force is $50,000 strong with Mauricio Ruffy
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez drops, beats overmatched Jaime Munguia to retain 168-pound title