Topic: UFC July-September 2012

UFC July-September 2012 Competition

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

06.20.2012 | 8:56 PM ET

The second quarterly UFC competition is coming right up.  We don't know yet who's going to win the first one as it will be a photo finish in the last weekend, but it's not too early to look ahead.  As before, * 5000 *  points go to the winner. 

The competition will be fierce... UFC quarterly competitions will be among the most difficult to win. Information is abundant on almost every fight: betting odds, fight video and more will level the playing field. The winners will need to out-wit and out-analyze the rest of the website. 

While few members are criminally insane enough to pick hundreds of regional fights in a single weekend, there are vast numbers willing to come on and throw down on some UFC picks.

Will it be a black belt to bring home the big prize, or an unknown orange belt who's been anonymous to this point but knows how to crush it on Zuffa cards? Only time will tell.

Good luck.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses Page 4

Sulegod
Sulegod
  • Predictions:  3,115  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 200

09.30.2012 | 9:52 PM ET

So... I was the second place... did not expect that... haha
Congrats to the winner
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

09.30.2012 | 10:03 PM ET

Hi @Sulegod ... welcome to the forums! 

Great way to start off, 2nd place in the huge competition!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

10.01.2012 | 12:19 PM ET

@Sulegod.. thanks!  2nd place in this comp is extraordinary!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

10.01.2012 | 12:20 PM ET

nice job Kalibo, thats some nice picking!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Kalibo
Kalibo

10.01.2012 | 12:32 PM ET

Thanks dude... It looks like I should get a "point" finish in the weekend contest too.  Right now I'm in 1st, but that never holds up!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

10.01.2012 | 12:34 PM ET

I know the feeling, lately it seems like after the first few events I'm right there at the top and by the end of it I fall back to my normal 35-15th place range

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Kalibo
Kalibo

10.01.2012 | 12:53 PM ET

@Pierce said there were still 40 fights left to be scored (I didn't check)... I could end up not even placing in a "point" slot... 

Kalibo
Kalibo

10.03.2012 | 7:15 AM ET

I ended up taking 1st after all!  

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’