Topic: St-Pierre vs. Condit

St. Pierre vs. Condit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,816  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,668
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Condit. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 49

aznraverboiz7
aznraverboiz7
  • Predictions:  285  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 107

11.18.2012 | 7:57 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I noticed GSP didn't take Condit down until he was up against the cage. I guess GSP was scared of getting hit with that knee? I was surprised no one in his corner mentioned it to him to stay off that cage. I do not think Condit was scared of getting taken down, he was throwing kicks like crazy. He had the same tentative against Diaz.

* Edited at 11.18.2012, 7:59 PM ET *

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.18.2012 | 7:59 PM ET

GSP immediately took the center and anytime Condit moved forward to strike with him GSP was repelling him with a stiff jab or a hard right cross. People who think Condit out-struck him aside from the one exchange in the third and some closer exchanges in the fourth need to re-watch the striking of the fight.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

11.18.2012 | 8:00 PM ET

Yea Condit said in the press conference that he knew he was going to get taken down thats why he threw so many kicks. 

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.18.2012 | 8:11 PM ET

GSP scared of a Condit knee? I remember one part of the fight when Condit threw a flying knee and GSP perfectly timed a left jab, right hook combo and landed it cleanly. I don't see how anyone thinks Condit outstruck GSP.

"الله أكبرl"

aznraverboiz7
aznraverboiz7

11.18.2012 | 8:21 PM ET

I bet GSP drilled that counter flying knee counter... GSP did not go for a take down unless condit was on the cage. The other one take down I remember was from a kick.
CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

11.18.2012 | 8:40 PM ET

Well the stats said that Condit landed more strikes but GSP had more sig. strikes. Both guys landed shots on the feet I just felt Condit landed cleaner shots on the feet but GSP's top game was amazing. Condit was also throwing up a lot of submissions and attacking from the bottom but GSP's top game plus the aggressiveness while being on top made it a very competitive fight. 

* Edited at 11.18.2012, 8:41 PM ET *

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

aznraverboiz7
aznraverboiz7

11.18.2012 | 8:50 PM ET

We had the same prediction lol!
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.18.2012 | 8:57 PM ET

@CONDIT729 Look at the more advanced stats, Condit landed more strikes but they were irrelevant strikes. He had 190 strikes in total vs GSP's 172 but only had 36 significant strikes compared to GSP's 71. 167 of Condit's 190 strikes were on the ground and I would say at least 125 of those were off of his back. In the actual standing striking count GSP had 26 strikes vs Condit's 23.

GSP out struck Condit.

"الله أكبرl"

Dela Riva
Dela Riva
  • Predictions:  660  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  405
  • Post Score: 130

11.18.2012 | 8:59 PM ET

Condit lands one big head kick, and somehow people are saying he outstruck GSP?

No.
aznraverboiz7
aznraverboiz7

11.18.2012 | 9:09 PM ET

Condit landed the most significant strike of the fight. If this was PRIDE condit would probably had gotten the win and Condit would not be bleeding because elbows are illegal.

Don't mind me i'm just a bitter condit fan..

* Edited at 11.18.2012, 9:10 PM ET *

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,449  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

11.18.2012 | 9:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Could've, Would've, Should've... 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

aznraverboiz7
aznraverboiz7

11.18.2012 | 9:18 PM ET

He said he left it all in the cage.. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda does not work for this scenario.

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

11.18.2012 | 9:20 PM ET

Wow.  GSP wins the fight clean and clear and people are already making excuses, and trying to find some part of the fight where Condit did better.  It's not like there is any controversy about this one, guys.  GSP won it, fair and square.  Did Condit have some moments to shine?  Of course.  How is that any different from 90% of the other fights in which one guy wins and one guy loses?  Very rarely does someone get utterly dominated from bell to bell.  So congratulations to Condit for his fractions of brilliance, but most of all -- Congratulations to GSP on a successful and tough comeback fight. 

Now lets get ready for the fight we've all been waiting for -- St. Pierre vs. Silva.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,449  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

11.18.2012 | 9:21 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Condit showed he was a warrior, no argument there. But theres alot of room for shoulda woulda coulda with some of the stuff people are saying in this thread, 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

11.18.2012 | 9:38 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Very well put @Lawman. An earlier post in this thread someone said Condit won't get another title shot and we saw the best possible Condit last night. I do believe Condit fought his best fight last night which just further proves how great GSP is.

As far as Condit not getting another title shot I don't think that will be the case. At 28 years old he still has time. He's still a top contender at 170 and if he wins his next couple fights who knows what could happen.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.18.2012 | 11:22 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Condit fought better than I thought he could.  I respect him more than than before.  He proved his status.  Will he ever get another shot?  Fitch didn't but Fitch didn't do as well against GSP as Condit did.  

I think GSP proved he is the most elite striker in the division.  Better than Condit, Alves, Hendricks, etc.  Just as Condit's striking was minimized by GSP's defenses, so will Hendricks.  Mark my words.

I'd like to learn our PPV numbers.  And for me, the interesting aftermath is who Condit, Hendricks and Kampmann with be matched with next.  It would be entirely natural to give  Hendricks, Carlos Condit.  

This thing about winners getting only winners is truly messed up.  Condit shouldn't be punished by giving him anything but top contenders.  I wish they had assigned Fitch the loser of this fight instead of giving him another non-contender, Maia.  How many more fights will Fitch have to win before his elite status is again respected?

I expect by next week to read news of a Silva vs. GSP fight.  The only detail to work out is when.  Going past May sounds WAY too long.  With our GSP back, why wait a half year to fight again.  Rust will set in again.

* Edited at 11.18.2012, 11:24 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

11.18.2012 | 11:38 PM ET

Maia is definitely a contender at this point. Fitch didn't get another shot earlier because of 2 things.

1. He didn't show much progression in his skills that gave any indication he would be able to give GSP a better fight.
2. The biggest reason: Fitch's fights aren't aesthetically pleasing to many when he outmatches his opponents on top of his lack of finishes AND Dana's problems stemming from contract issues in the past.

I think Dana is finally warming up to Fitch again after the Silva fight though. I think if Fitch gets past Maia (I have no doubt that this fight or Aldo/Edgar will be FOTN regardless of who else is on the card), in the most perfect match ups in years, Fitch will be 1 fight away from a title shot.

Fitch/Maia has been a dream fight for me so I might be biased on this. Fitch/Koscheck is the only other dream match that I want to see Fitch in (even if they doing only a pure grappling match in a NoGi BJJ super fight I would be happy).

* Edited at 11.18.2012, 11:40 PM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

aznraverboiz7
aznraverboiz7

11.19.2012 | 12:45 AM ET

Fitch is NO where near a title shot.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.19.2012 | 9:32 AM ET

At this point, I don't think Fitch will ever get another title shot again.  And that doesn't even bother me anymore.  All I want is for him to be given true contenders, so he can have his opportunity to re-establish his high ranking again.

If the UFC were to give Jon Fitch true top contenders, I would be satisfied.  But they should never have denied him that based on the single Hendricks fight.  Anyone can have a bad night.  After being #2 for several years, the UFC should never have dropped him from the contenders' list.  

The UFC's true agenda is to prevent Fitch from fighting contenders, because they believe that to do so is to waste a fight that might have been entertaining.  Dana White has a dark side and can be a true ******* if he want to be.  And in Fitch's case, he wanted to be since the Penn / Fitch fight.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.19.2012 | 9:37 AM ET

A common theory in the house is that Carlos Condit was beaten decisively, and that unless he improves his skill set significantly, he won't deserve or be entitled to another title shot.  That is a theory that may or may not be valid.

But Penn was beaten decisively and got a second shot at GSP.  Koscheck was beaten decisively by GSP when GSP was not a champion, and yet got another, entirely unearned shot at GSP.

And neither Penn nor Koshcheck had improved their skills significantly.  Oh wait, Kos was supposed to have developed into a mighty striker.  I forgot.

* Edited at 11.19.2012, 9:38 AM ET *

Page 49

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Stephen A. Smith: Conor McGregor 'has no business being in the octagon' with Islam Makhachev
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Ready to go in there and capitalize’: Martin will bring best version of himself against Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch LFA's best fight finishes from May 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Yves Edwards reveals rib injury prevented Dustin Poirier from training grappling ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Injured Poirier Couldn’t Wrestle Coming Into UFC 302
  • Jits Magazine : Luiza Monteiro Announces Retirement At IBJJF World Championship 2024
  • Jits Magazine : Nicholas Meregali Proposes His Own Event To 4 Other Competitors
  • Jits Magazine : Joao Gabriel Rocha Announced For Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMA Mania : Holloway Vs. Chandler For ‘BMF’ Belt? ‘The Show Must Go On!’ (Even With Missing Mac)
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: BMF Holloway Vs. Chandler? ‘The Show Must Go On!’ Even With Missing Mac
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Matthews hates decision wins like UFC 302, but wants a test vs. Neil Magny
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : No Time For BS! Harrison ‘Carried PFL On My Back’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC CEO Dana White reveals next BMF title fight is being worked on
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Releases Statement Following Press Event Cancelation, Ariel Helwani Sheds Additional Light on the Situation
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland blames 'awkward' UFC 302 fight on Paulo Costa: 'What the f*ck are we doing here?'
  • MMA Mania : Usman And Poirier Would ‘Push Each Other To The Brink’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier urges Dustin Poirier not to retire after UFC 302: 'He's got a lot of money to be made'
  • MMAFighting.com : Randy Brown reveals he ‘destroyed’ foot barely 1 minute into UFC 302: ‘That’s my luck’
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Believes Dustin Poirier Has Plenty Left in the Gas Tank: ‘He Can Do This For a Long Time’