Tapology Forums

Would anybody else enjoy another TUF like season 4?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rayallen0
rayallen0
  • Predictions:  1,004  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  145
  • Post Score: 58

05.27.2012 | 5:21 PM ET

Where all the cast members are UFC vets who aren't champion level yet? 

Responses

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.27.2012 | 5:22 PM ET

no.

"الله أكبرl"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

05.27.2012 | 5:24 PM ET

seems pointless to take them away from their lives to live in the tuf house for that long

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,901  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

05.27.2012 | 5:30 PM ET

I think it could be cool, depending on what weight classes and fighters they choose.
rayallen0
rayallen0

05.27.2012 | 6:16 PM ET

you're from canada you're still mad Patrick Cote lost i get it. 

Season 4 was def one of the most successful for quality fighters

Season 1: Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar, Mike Swick, Josh Koscheck, Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian, Nathan Quarry, Chris Leben

Season 2: Joe Stevenson, Melvin Guillard, Marcus Davis, Rashad Evans

Season 3: Kendall Grove, Ed Herman, Michael Bisping, Matt Hamill

Season 4: Travis Lutter, Jorge Rivera, Mikey Burnett, Scott Smith, Patrick Côté, Shonie Carter, Chris Lytle, Matt Serra

Season 5: Gray Maynard, Matt Wiman, Joe Lauzon, Nate Diaz, Manvel Gamburyan, Cole Miller

etc... 
rayallen0
rayallen0

05.27.2012 | 6:17 PM ET

It did wonders for Riveera, Smith, Cote, Lytle & Serras careers I don't see why not. 
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.27.2012 | 6:40 PM ET

TUF is a bad show, let's face it. It's stale, it's annoying and it's boring. The sole purpose for TUF in my opinion is to introduce the public to new fighters. Now that purpose gets lost when you're sticking a bunch of fighters that people (including me) already know.

"الله أكبرl"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

05.27.2012 | 6:44 PM ET

personally, I like the idea. anything that steers away from the current format.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

gnarkoala
gnarkoala
  • Predictions:  201  |  43.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

05.27.2012 | 6:56 PM ET

i was thinking this the other day.
its shakes things up a bit.

you got serra upsetting gsp and lutter looking like a fool out of one show.

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

05.27.2012 | 9:25 PM ET

If they did a season with veteran and up and coming heavyweights, where the winner gets a title shot, I would be OK with that.  If they got some decent fighters on there, it would be pretty interesting.  

I'm sure there are actually a lot of veterans who would jump at the chance to be involved, i.e. Tim Sylvia, Pedro Rizzo, etc.  IF they got 32 decent heavyweights together in a tournament, the winner would be deserving of a shot in this weak heavyweight climate.  

I mean, after Velasquez, there aren't a whole lot of obvious challengers.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

05.28.2012 | 12:18 AM ET

I wouldn't mind it at all.  There's been talk that it could be happening actually, so feel free to get your hopes up rayallen0!   

If they even do Heavyweight at all, I doubt they'll get 32 UFC level Heavyweight guys especially if they get a big name like a Tim Sylvia or a Pedro Rizzo since there's always the chance they could lose in the Fight-In Round, thus a big name goes out early, (pretty much the exact same reason they didn't do a Fight-In-Round for TUF 10, to prevent the chance of Kimbo Slice from going early and losing out on ratings).  

More likely, it'd just be 16 guys going into the house from the start like they did the last time they did UFC vets.  But yeah, if they could actually get 16 good HWs, why not?  

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

rayallen0
rayallen0

05.28.2012 | 3:40 PM ET

yeah that would be pretty cool. I'm sure alot of the old vets would want in (Sylvia, Arlovski, Rizzo, Severn, etc...) 

wouldn't it be ******* amazing if Fedor went on the show? 

Maybe even a show where they get fighters with big names but not in the UFC (ala Josh Barnett, Cole Konrad, Sergei Kharitonov, Fedor Emelianenko, Andrei Arlovski, Todd Duffee, Thiago Santos, Jeff Monson, Brett Rogers, Tim Sylvia, Eric Prindle, Pedro Rizzo, Aleksander Emelianenko, Neil Grove, Bobby Lashley, Damian Grabowski)

I though Forrest/Bonnar coaching could put the show back on track but Dana shot that down. Last season was good but I don't think there is another fighter like Bisping who can get the whole country to hate him. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him
  • Bad Left Hook : Roach vs McCrory set for June 28 on ProBox TV
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Poirier, Pantoja, Hardys and Hughes in studio, now
  • UFC.com : Fight By Fight Preview | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier On Where ‘Khabib’s Pupil’ Islam Makhachev Presents ‘More Of A Threat’ Than Ex-Champ