Tapology Forums

Favourite Knockout Outside the UFC?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Aeterna
Aeterna
  • Predictions:  395  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  100
  • Post Score: 510

05.25.2012 | 9:20 AM ET

So I thought it would be interesting to see what some of everyone's favourite knockouts are OUTSIDE the UFC. We're talking Pride, Pancrase, Strikeforce, K-1; anything except the UFC. Here are a few of my personal favourites:

"It ain't about what you know, it's what you feel. Don't worry bout bein' right, just be for real."

Responses Page 2

Mortis
Mortis
  • Predictions:  1,989  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,263
  • Post Score: 246

05.26.2012 | 12:20 AM ET

"I would drink Lyoto Machida's urine." --- Forrest Griffin

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

05.26.2012 | 12:49 AM ET

At 3:50. One of the greatest counters I have ever seen in combat sports.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

05.26.2012 | 1:23 AM ET

The Fight That Changed My Life

My favorite KO because of how it impacted my life. This was the DVD I got to branch out from the UFC back in 2000 when I was getting into MMA. As soon as I saw this fight I knew I wanted to train and I sought out Duane and got to train with him and Nate Marquardt (much more so Nate).

The fight went on as long as it did because Shad Smith complained that Larry Landless stopped his last fight early, so Larry was letting Smith take an ass kicking to make a point (while still making sure he didn't get killed). Sick combos, insane liver kick, and Eddie Bravo going bananas, along with Don the Dragon Wilson and Ricco Rodriguez, over the clinic Duane put on Shad.

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

05.26.2012 | 1:28 AM ET

Back when Pulver was the UFC LW Champ after beating BJ Penn. This is why the UFC doesn't like their champs fighting outside the organization.

I love how Pulver dives out of the ring to ensure he doesn't get hit again, he just never recovered from the first punch.

Best to Duane at UFC 146!

kibj411
kibj411

05.26.2012 | 10:53 AM ET

Aeterna
Aeterna
  • Predictions:  395  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  100
  • Post Score: 510

05.26.2012 | 2:37 PM ET

Nice Ludwig KO's.

On another note, heres a highlight of Krazy Horse Bennet. He is absolutely insane but he's probably one of the most exciting fighters I've ever seen. Epic Slams, big KO's, and he always comes to fight.

"It ain't about what you know, it's what you feel. Don't worry bout bein' right, just be for real."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55