Tapology Forums

the BEST possible matchup in the new UFC-strikeforce....

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

03.15.2011 | 11:10 PM ET

im really excited about a possible nick diaz- gsp fight....also excited about Gil melendez fighting for the ufc title against WHOEVER has it at that point....but, without question, my fight of fights would be alistar overeem vs junior dos santos! think about it, both are usually pitted against grapplers or inferior strikers...but who would win between the (my opinion) 2 best strikers in mma with NO threat of takedowns? GAHHHH, says my inner napoleon dynamite, at the thought of this fight! and by the time they do this, it may be a unification bout for the titles!..... and, lets not forget, for all u wwe fans.... LASHLEY VS BROCK! hahahaha! they could do a best 2 out of 3, 1 mma, 1 pro wrestling, and 1 amateur wrestling match! score!!

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

03.15.2011 | 11:13 PM ET

Have to give that matchup to Overeem. There are some fighters that I think JDS could beat that Overeem might not, but I think this exact matchup favors Overeem. He's been honing his kickboxing game for so long. JDS has power and athleticism but not the same level of technique.

Lashley... no longer in Strikeforce! He fights for Titan FC next weekend.

"I live, I die, I live again."

jersey0525
jersey0525

03.15.2011 | 11:17 PM ET

oooo....gregory...giving me the mma knowledge wedgie! dang, forgot bout that....nice catch there!

however, for the jds-overeem match...i disagree with u, based upon the "he who hits first, win" style of thinkn.....going back to evans-liddel, conduit-hardy....i think jds hits as hard, and can get there faster...especially if overeem tries the thai clinch, jds has an uppercut TAILORMADE to put overeem out.

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Gregory
Gregory

03.15.2011 | 11:20 PM ET

That's the beautiful thing... we just might be able to see the fight and find out :)

Gregory
Gregory

03.15.2011 | 11:22 PM ET

Hmm you know it's possible that Lashley still has a contract with Strikeforce and they allowed him to do this Titan fight.  Apparently that's the case with Sarah Kaufman and her rumored "Armageddon FC" fight in April...

jersey0525
jersey0525

03.15.2011 | 11:28 PM ET

if dana white hasnt lost his dam mind, we should!! i thought the UFC HW division was stacked before...if they get all the strikeforce Heavys...AWESOMENESS! shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, have a ufc heavyweight ppv card....jds vs overeem, cain vs fedor, brock vs silva, mir vs barnett, nog vs werdum, cro cop vs arlovski, roy nelson vs brett rogers, mitrione/schaub/struve vs kharitonov........WOW!!! make it happen!!!!!!!! love the cain vs fedor fight, because the weight wouldnt be a disadvantage for fedor OR cain...mir barnett, old school ufc dream fight.....cro cop - arlovski, somebodys gonna get one more KO... nog - werdum, bjj lovers would f'n DIE waiting for this! now im loving this buyout ALOT more!

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.16.2011 | 12:26 AM ET

Chad Griggs would have some fun fights. maybe against Beltran or Mitrione.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

jersey0525
jersey0525

03.16.2011 | 12:28 AM ET

HELL YEA! chad griggs vs meat head is awesome sounding!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC on ESPN 55 with rare Mumford & Sons, Led Zeppelin, Eminem Curse
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : ‘Platinum’ Got Paid! (KnuckleMania 4 Salaries Revealed)
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes Short-Notice UFC History
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes UFC history
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 video: Bryce Hall, Taylor Holder heated exchange leads to insane crowd fight
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry leads event payroll with 6-figure purse
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Is A Part Owner Of BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perry Steamrolls Alves With Quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Perry knocks out Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds