Tapology Forums

Shogun rua v jonny jones- mirror images of each other ?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

kingkie
kingkie
  • Predictions:  38  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 14

03.14.2011 | 6:18 PM ET

This Saturday in Jersey two fighters with a similar background will meet face to face in the Octagon. The new kid on the block Jonny Jones in his 14th Professional fight at only 23 years old he will be fighting for the biggest Championship in m.m.a The UFC”s Light-Heavyweight title against the man at 23 years old won the Pride 2003 Middleweight Grand Prix and is the current UFC Champion Mauricio Rua.
Both of these men have lived with high expectations in there short m.m.a careers. Jones burst on the Ufc scene back in August of 2008 taking on Andre Gusmao at ufc 87. Jones was 6-0 going in to that fight having made his debut April of that year he had his 1st 6 pro fights in just 4 months and he took on his UFC opponent with just 3 weeks notice. When he fought Gusmao a few people including myself thought this new kid had some talent with a unorthodox style and a real hunger to beat his opponents in any way he could. He needed to step up his competion to see if he was the real deal so he did just that beating Stephan Bonnar and Jake O’Brien he then took on Matt Hamill a fight in which he dominated from the start. Jones got a little careless with his elbows and accidentally threw a couple of 6 to 12 elbows but Hamill was already looking for a way out and the idiot that is Steve Mazzagatti helped by unfairly disqualifying Jones and therefore putting the only loss on his career so far. Jones quickly rebounded by beating Vera, Matyushenko and Badder setting up his epic meeting with the dangerous Shogun. Shogun will be making the 1st defence of the title he won after brutally knocking out Machida at UFC 113. Rua came from the famous Chute box academy and started his career in the brutal Vale Tudo in Brazil after a loss to top contender Renato Sobral in his 5th fight. Rua made the journey to Japan to fight in the world famous Pride organisation where he demolished his opponents using his lethal soccer kicks. Rua entered the middleweight tournament in 2005 and beat future Ufc champion Rampage Jackson easily in the 1st round with those soccer kicks. He then Lil Nog in the quarter finals in a great fight before facing off with future champion Alistair Overeem in the semi finals after scoring a 1st round k.o he then moved on to the final and disposed of Ricardo Arona. He would loose his next fight to Mark Coleman due to a broken arm but rebound with a few victories before his UFC debut against Forest Griffin whilst injured after loosing that fight and then having surgery on his damaged knee he would avenge his defeat against Mark Coleman before facing off with UFC ledged Chuck Liddell knocking him out in the 1st round. He then fought Lyoto Machida for the title loosing a controversial decision in which many thought he had won. Thankfully the UFC gave him a rematch and this time he delivered a k.o to Machida in the 1st round after yet more surgery he was scheduled to face Rashad Evans for the belt but once he got injured team mate Jonny Jones stepped in for what could be one epic war. both of these fighters have done a lot in there short careers and I believe if not for constant injury Rua would have dominated the m.m.a scene for many of years. Now Jones has stepped up wanting to be Champion .If this fight doesn’t excite you I don’t know what will

follow me on twitter - kieufc86

Responses

kingkie
kingkie

03.14.2011 | 6:23 PM ET

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

03.14.2011 | 6:28 PM ET

So who is your pick

"I live, I die, I live again."

kingkie
kingkie

03.14.2011 | 6:33 PM ET

In my heart i say shogun but think jones will do it. ive picked shogun tho. who u going 4
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

03.14.2011 | 6:47 PM ET

Bones Jones via being a freak of nature.

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible
  • MMA Mania : KnuckleMania 4 Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann vs. Bogdan Guskov prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Is This The Most Violent KO In WMMA History?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 predictions
  • MMA Mania : Nicolau Vs. Perez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • Bad Left Hook : McGrail vs Leach: Live discussion, 2 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results, Streaming Play-By-Play Updates TONIGHT
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : BKFC KnuckleMania 4, live stream, play-by-play and results
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Results, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 live results
  • Jits Magazine : Liisi Vaht Makes Flawless Debut In ONE Friday Fights 60 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300