Topic: McGee vs. Ring II

McGee vs. Ring II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,668  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

05.09.2012 | 6:33 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for McGee vs. Ring II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

Paeddingtonbaer
Paeddingtonbaer
  • Predictions:  1,123  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 241

07.22.2012 | 11:44 AM ET

Prediction: wrong McGee   wrong Decision  

@dielegende23 Well, it was a tough decision for the judges, but it wasn't a wrong decision. The third maybe should have been a 10-8 round. Ring ran away from McGee and took many hard shots. In my opinion it isn't necessairy to smash someones face on the ground. When you destroy someone in the standup you should also get the credits.

* Edited at 07.22.2012, 2:04 PM ET *

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

07.22.2012 | 12:03 PM ET

Prediction: correct Ring   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

i think that straight won Ring rounds one and two, and then he obviously lost the third.
the best punches and more damage in rounds one and two were Ring's, plus he was more effective.

either way, i think it was a close fight and people that are outraged by the decision are probably the ones that worry about picking percentage. There have been way worse decisions and this fight doesnt have major implications: none of them will be challenging for a title anytime soon, nor will they be cut.
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,012  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

07.22.2012 | 12:38 PM ET

@C Arnoud, I'm not worried about my pick percentage nor would I call it a outrage, what I'm worried about is MMA and the judging, it seems it happens almost on every UFC card lately. To say it was a close fight doesn't mean it is ok when the wrong guy wins !!!

@Paeddington I don't even see the last round at 10-8, McGee just won the last 2 rounds. Ring landed two hard shots that bloodied McGee's nose up, McGee though dominated the stand up for the rest of the 5min. pushed the pace and backed Ring up for almost the whole round. The stats are already posted don't know what else I could say...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.22.2012 | 1:01 PM ET

I thought this was actually the best fight on the card. It was back and forth between two very tough game guys. I thought Court won the fight but I'm not too worried about that, I'm just glad I got to see a good a fight on what was a pretty lackuster card overall.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

07.22.2012 | 2:11 PM ET

Stats show McGee winning the last two rounds... Definitely the Judges gift
GASTRONAUT
GASTRONAUT
  • Predictions:  5,582  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  946
  • Post Score: 191

07.22.2012 | 2:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Ring   correct Decision  

No one around me thought Ring won either.  I had the first for Ring and the last two for McGee.  Hometown decision for sure.
joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,065  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

07.22.2012 | 2:14 PM ET

If you look at his face after the decision was announced I don't think Ring thought he won either. To me McGee easily took third and second clearly enough.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,791
  • Post Score: 180

07.22.2012 | 3:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong McGee   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I don't like Ring & thought he lost but it was far from a robbery. What it was was a close fight that should spark some good debate on judging. imo it should've been a win for Court because the fight should've been scored as even going into the 3rd & at worst a draw with Ring winning the 1st 2 closely and Court winning the 3rd clearly. Would LOVE to see them in a 5 rounder.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

07.22.2012 | 3:55 PM ET

thanks, for all the info guys, for the sound of it itwas a good fight, which I've seen it, maybe later on netflix 

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Cory Sandhagen vs. Umar Nurmagomedov booked for main event at UFC Abu Dhabi on Aug. 3
  • Jits Magazine : Fight 2 Win 252 Full Results And Review
  • Bad Left Hook : Dmitry Bivol stays on June 1 card, will face Malik Zinad
  • Bad Left Hook : Inoue vs Nery: Live updates and results NOW!
  • Jits Magazine : 7 Inspiring John Danaher’s Quotes For BJJ And Life
  • Middle Easy : Oscar De La Hoya Backs Jaime Munguia After Defeat Against Canelo Alvarez
  • MMA Mania : Video: White, O’Malley Get Burnt During Roast Of Tom Brady
  • MMA Mania : ‘The Rock’ Shares Footage From MMA Training Camp
  • Bad Left Hook : Inoue vs Nery: Live updates and results, 4 am ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Drakkar Klose explains UFC 301 beef with Daniel Cormier, calls out Beneil Dariush, Jalin Turner
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 301: Anthony Smith teaches another lesson in misplaced doubt
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Mauricio Ruffy reacts to Conor McGregor comparisons after spectacular UFC 301 debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’