Tapology Forums

fights

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

punx62
punx62
  • Predictions:  4,380  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  61
  • Post Score: 113

03.11.2011 | 12:25 PM ET

Who thinks Tito Ortiz should fight Brandon Vera...loser walks?

"Been here a long time"

Responses Page 2

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.14.2011 | 1:46 PM ET

The difference with Randy and Tito is Randy uses primarily the Greco clinch to get his takedowns at this stage in his career, where as Tito shoots a double. Vera has a Greco backround and Randy struggled to take him down although Vera hasn't shown it by being taken down by Thiago and Bones in the clinch. They are much stronger than Randy though.... Not sure if i just counteracted my own point BUT Vera has submitted only one guy in his career and Tito has only been submitted once by Guy Mezger in his first fight. I'd gamble my life that this wouldn't end in submission. In conclusion - i think its a great "loser goes to STRIKEFORCE" fight.....

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.14.2011 | 1:54 PM ET

@Bklettke Well id bet my life this wouldnt end in submission in a win for Vera.. i think Tito could submit Vera.... I think everyone is saying Tito is worse than he is at the moment ya your all saying he hasnt won a fight in blah blah... K he lost to Liddell by ko for the title.... Then he had a draw with Rashad which to me is seriously impressive. Then he lost to machida but was a close fight and Tito came very close to submitting machida.. Then he lost to griffin in a seriously close SD ... Then Hamill beat him good... I know sounds bad but it really isnt that bad he can still get wins... All those losses are against top tier competition.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

03.14.2011 | 2:20 PM ET

Machida/Ortiz wasn't that close. Machida totally had Tito's number in that fight. Tito these days talks the talk but once he gets in the ring, he doesn't want to commit to anything that might get him tagged or hurt. The fire has gone, he used to be beast.

"I Get Better."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.14.2011 | 2:26 PM ET

Aside from the triangle attempt from Tito in the 3rd the Machida fight was pretty one sided. I do agree that Tito is better than people say he is. He could still beat a lot of fighters out there just not really anyone in the top 15. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.14.2011 | 2:40 PM ET

tito would take vera down,GnP for all three rounds.......maybe even finish him

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.14.2011 | 2:53 PM ET

Tito has done exceptionally well considering the talent of the new breed mma fighters he's fought, other than Chuck. I'd love to see him healthy, but that never seems to happen anymore. In his last fight with Forrest his face/eye was probably more swollen and bruised a week before than it was after he was done fighting Forrest. No offense towards Forrest, but the guy seems to have had a bad run of luck with injuries, specifically his back. I think he'd beat Vera if they fight.
jsebag
jsebag
  • Predictions:  670  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  151
  • Post Score: 42

03.15.2011 | 1:13 PM ET

Vera is still in the UFC - just listened to a video on www.mmamania.com where Dana White confirmed that he was still employed.  This had a lot to do with his last fight with Silva.  Check it out.  Tito may have been a good fighter in the past...so was Ken Shamrock.  The only difference is that todays fighters are well rounded.  Guys like Ortiz and Shamrock were superior against guys that were good at one or two things only and that's why they lose against today's fighters.   Ortiz skill wise does not belong in the UFC and Vera would likely beat him too.  Vera is another question mark...showed promise but can't deliver against today's UFC roster.  Although Vera has better skills I don't see him going anywhere with the UFC.  My guess is that they will be be cut...only a matter of time

"To be the man you have to beat the man"

GRemm
GRemm
  • Predictions:  177  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 11

03.15.2011 | 1:32 PM ET

Even Vera beats Tito these days. Back control for Vera, to some weak side of face GNP and eventually a choke. Tito then whines about injuries during camp and Vera claims his win over washed up Tito makes him a contender.

Vera - you could have been so much more. Air Force Greco, Muy Thai credentials and a great location for training. You need to hit the gym and get back in shape and head to San Jose for some AKA time on the bags and mats.

"Two half philosophers will probably never a whole metaphysician make. -- Gaston Bachelard"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Ivana Petrović vs. Na Liang - The fighters are making their walk-outs.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Na Liang 6% Ivana Petrović 94%
  • Na "Dragon Girl" Liang (19-7-0) Heilongjiang, CN is the #79th Top Women Flyweight fighter.
  • Ivana Petrović (6-1-0) NO is the #48th Top Women Flyweight fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 13 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada