Tapology Forums

If the UFC did another ultimate fighter comeback season!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

seanok100
seanok100
  • Predictions:  778  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 75

05.07.2012 | 10:33 AM ET

Hey guys just another opinion thread see what people think. If they did another season of the ultimate fighter with fighters from the past, my question is what division or divisions would you want and some fighters. And if they did it could you still promise a title shot like before with the crazy road blocks in the divisions today. I'd like to see middleweight and welterweight again, especially if GSP and Anderson keep winning because you can build it around can these former UFC fighters still do it.

Middleweight:

Patrick Cote, Dean Lister, Thales Leites, Jake Rosholt, Keith Jardine, Jeremy Horn, Joe Doerkson, and Kendall Grove.

Welterweight:

Matt Serra, Josh Burkman, Nate Marquardt, Karo Parisyan, Mike Swick( i know he is still there but hasnt faught in forever), Paul Daley, Ricardo Almeida, Dan Miller.

What do you guys think, Just a fun topic to try and get a debate going.

"Stop complaining about the ground game! If you dont like it watch boxing!"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

05.07.2012 | 10:35 AM ET

I think the comeback season was interesting and it would be a good way to get the more serious fans to pay attention again, since we'd know most of the fighters already and the matchups might feel more meaningful.

"I live, I die, I live again."

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

05.07.2012 | 10:38 AM ET

I bet Tim Sylvia would be begging to get on it if there was a heavyweight one! lol

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

05.07.2012 | 10:40 AM ET

i could dig it

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

05.07.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

I don't think the lineup would be as veteran-filled, but I like the idea.  I don't think they'd have the Horn/Serra/Almeida types, guys who have already peaked and/or retired.  They'd be more apt to bring back in guys like Dan Lauzon, Shannon Gugerty, Junior Assuncao, Matt Grice, Gerald Harris, etc. in with the Cote, Grove, Leites, Burkman, etc. types instead.  Guys who may not have peaked yet.  I'd personally like to see it done in Strikeforce though, if they intend to keep Strikeforce afloat, but I don't know the tv legalities they have signed with Showtime to be able to do a show outside that network.  Those divisions are so bare.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

05.07.2012 | 11:03 AM ET

I like the idea. 

HW - Eddie Sanchez, Tim Hauge, Rolls Gracie, Justin McCully, Carmello Marrero, Todd Duffee, Ricco Rodriguez, Heath Herring

LHW - Mike Kyle, Travis Wuiff, Gilbert Yvel, Elliot Marshal, James Irvin, Sokoudjou, Vinicius Magalhaes, Houston Alexander
brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

05.07.2012 | 11:06 AM ET

sounds like fun. I like Paul Daley because he's such a great boxer but I he looks just terrible sometimes with huge holes in his game. But I think if he focuses himself properly he can compete at the top... Karo is another similar type. Marquardt has huge potentially still of course. And I thought Dan Miller was still in the UFC?? 
StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

05.07.2012 | 11:20 AM ET

Very interesting!  I'll admit that I was never crazy about the first Comeback season that they did, although I think that may have been more because I didn't watch it till well after it was over and I already knew Serra had won the season and the title..... well that and it was really all about Team Mojo while Team No Love got...... well no love.  

Still I'd be happy to see another one.  I know DW has said they have no intention to do another TUF with Heavyweights anytime soon (simply because in his eyes there are not enough good up and coming Heavyweights), but this would be as good of a time as any to try Heavyweights out since the talent would definitely be there and if you got guys like Tim Sylvia, Eddie Sanchez, and Todd Duffee, I think the fans would definitely want to watch!

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card For ‘Jackson vs. Kuramagomedov’
  • Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Was ‘Very Mad’ With Strickland: ‘Shut Your Mouth’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans