Topic: Ellenberger vs. Kampmann

ellenberger vs kampmann- number one contender

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

04.02.2012 | 2:06 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

source: http://www.mmaweekly.com/ellenberger-vs-kampmann-set-as-no-1-contenders-bout-headlines-tuf-live-finale

sure it'll be a great fight, but waiting for gsp condit?

that'll be november if theres no more delays. gsp has had defences without taking a scratch, and condit could win by flash knockout and not be damaged. so a quick turn arounds possible. what im getting at is all factors going favourably the shot is febuary 2013.

so in addition to condit waiting til november at least, gsp being out that long, diaz being diaz, bj still retired now either kampmann or jake will sit out A MINIMUM OF 8 MONTHS BETWEEN FIGHTS. and making 3 fighters calenders dependant on gsps knee.

is it me or is the 170lb division being managed poorly this year?

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

Responses Page 2

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,204  |  71.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.05.2012 | 7:46 PM ET

Prediction: correct Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

@mmapicker, I don't think so, he knew Alves was better for 2 and a half rounds, it was obvious. To think he would have said something else after the fight makes no sense...

Can't remember any pre-fight interviews just the presser before the fight in which he was asked by a journalist or Dana about it, so what?

Very spiteful? The only one who is a "cry baby or a whiny ass" around here is you not Kampmann if that bothers you.

I think you're probably right with the prediction though, Ellenberger is the better fighter at this point but I still hope what I said earlier applies and you'll can be a bit more bitter ;->

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

04.05.2012 | 7:53 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@dielegende23 It doesn't bother me, I was honoring your question explaining to you why I don't like Kampmann, If you want to start insulting me I think you might need to think before you speak, because Kampmann is a sore loser and for you to come at me for that is ridiculous... 

Go ahead and hope negatively towards me... Your so called "karma" will come back and bite you in your own ass.
As for this conversation, It's going no where, We will just have to wait for the fight and than I can laugh and tell you I told you so.

* Edited at 04.05.2012, 7:55 PM ET *

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

04.05.2012 | 7:57 PM ET

Prediction: correct Kampmann   wrong Submission   correct Round 2  

@MMApicker Why is Rampage one of your favorite fighters when he is one dimensional (bad gameplan), whines and goes drama queen about losses (sore loser) and doesn't learn one tidbit from his losses he just goes back to trying to box everyone. You are bashing Kampann for **** when you are a fan of a guy that does the same exact ****? It is annoying this fighter bashing you are spewing out.

You are mad about him "getting lucky" when he can't control what happened to Story and him pulling off an impressive sub when he direly needed it. Seriously? That's like getting mad at Bader for Rampage blowing his knee out early on in the bout. **** happens in fights that can't be controlled don't blame the fighters for **** they can't control.

I honestly could care less who wins this bout because I really don't care for either fighter, but I wish people that do not like a certain fighter would not spew random **** about hating them, especially when why they don't like them has nothing to do with the actual ******* fights.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,204  |  71.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.05.2012 | 8:03 PM ET

Prediction: correct Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

@mmapicker You started it "cry baby or a whiny ass" was just a quote from your post, I didn't come at you, everythings good. I just tried to explain that there are maybe reasons for Kampmanns behaviors which you ignored optimally... nuff said have to go catch some sleep 2:00 am around here...

* Edited at 04.05.2012, 8:05 PM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

MMApicker42
MMApicker42

04.05.2012 | 8:06 PM ET

@Wishishere Rampage is irrelevelant about this conversation and thats a completely different situation... And for your info Rampage already had an injury coming into the fight, thats why he was overweight...

"Rampage one of your favorite fighters when he is one dimensional (bad gameplan), whines and goes drama queen about losses (sore loser) and doesn't learn one tidbit from his losses he just goes back to trying to box everyone."     -QUOTED BY YOU

"I wish people that do not like a certain fighter would not spew random **** about hating them, especially when why they don't like them has nothing to do with the actual ******* fights." -ALSO QUOTED BY YOU

You just bashed on Rampage hardcore and your getting mad at me for saying Kampmann being a whiny ass??? WOW HYPOCRITE. 

How about you mind your own business and not jump in on other peoples conversations. AND DON'T PUT WORDS INTO MY MOUTH... I never said I hated him... I actually complemented him saying he has alot of potential, but he is a sore loser and should play to his strengths... Get your **** straight

* Edited at 04.05.2012, 8:16 PM ET *

MMApicker42
MMApicker42

04.05.2012 | 8:08 PM ET

@dilegende23 damn man... Gnite, get some sleep! I like our little rivalry with Ellenberger and Kampmann... Cuz Im a big Ellenberger supporter/fan and I think you might be a big Kampmann fan right?
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.05.2012 | 8:16 PM ET

I agree that Kampmann has no chance against GSP but let's just say I don't like MMApicker42. Very hypocritical, aggressive and obnoxious.

"الله أكبرl"

MMApicker42
MMApicker42

04.05.2012 | 8:17 PM ET

@anikm....Hypocritical??? Do you even know what that means???? LMAO.. Wishishere comment right above mine are a great example of hypocracy.

Aggressive??? yeah for what I believe in and what i hear with my own ears.

Obnoxious??? sometimes... hahaha

Not liking AnikM, Your just young and need a dictionary, but other than that no. Gotta love your spirit and bravery thou.

* Edited at 04.05.2012, 8:28 PM ET *

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

04.05.2012 | 8:27 PM ET

Here's the difference. The only reason I stated was for comparison. I doubt you would find a post of me openly bashing a fighter for the sake of bashing. I honestly could care less what Rampage does, but I end up reading about his stuff in MMA news and it was the first thing that came to mind when making comparison. 

Your posts were filled with statements about why you basically don't like Kampmann with maybe 1-2 things about positives sprinkled in. How am I not suppose to think you don't like him?

Also you are asking someone to mind their own business on a public forum? Really?

MMApicker42
MMApicker42

04.05.2012 | 8:31 PM ET

@Wishishere look man you made yourself look completely hypocritical...Because you just did openly bash rampage on a forum post regardless of making a comparison.... and your right I don't really lean to Kampmann as a fighter I like and I was explaining to someone why because they asked, Not because I freely wanted to bash on Kampmann, but by all means I do not hate him.  Listen we all know Kampmann did whine about his losses longer than he should of and I think he has great abilities and should play to his strengths more in a fight... I never bashed on him about he sucks or is one dimensional. So get your underwear out of a tangle.

As for someone to mind their own business, Your probably right on that one being in a forum, but Im not the type of person to jump into an altercation when it doesn't involve me... but I guess you do, so Ill just take it as a grain of salt and move on! Not trying to make enemies, a good debate is always great!

* Edited at 04.05.2012, 8:45 PM ET *

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

04.05.2012 | 8:50 PM ET

So when you feel when you are with a group of people and you disagree with what someone says during a debate you don't chime in and just let them keep spewing stuff? Your entire post was about people bashing. Yes I may have been hypocritical using an argument, but it was for the sake of comparison. If you can't see that it was just for comparison so be it. The only reason I chimed in was you were being super aggressive about all of this. I don't understand it. The reason why I generally stay away from many other MMA sites is because people are laid back here (there are a few exceptions here and there). I'm sorry if you have to keep going back to the hypocrite argument, but I have explained why I brought it up. You can try to understand or keep stewing over it, I'm tired of caring anymore it's not worth people getting mad over it, since it is just a forum.

I am tired of responding. I will probably keep reading this thread, but please calm down man. I have nothing against you. Honestly.

MMApicker42
MMApicker42

04.05.2012 | 8:57 PM ET

No... I think you could do whatever you want, but you should think before you type something because you came off differently than I think you wanted too? and We were coming to an end of the conversation so the timing was a little off.

Honestly people always will take messages in forums out of context, but you cannot accurately tell if someone is a certain emotion, because you cannot hear the tone of a voice or see a person's body language.. Sooo no worries man! I have nothing against you or anyone in here as well, but if your gonna come into a conversation and start debating, You should be ready to get feedback regardless of what type it is.

Hey I have been into MMA for over a 12 yrs now and everyone has their own views and opinions, thats why debates get heated sometimes... I love all MMA fighter, fans, and people on here, because they give me something to talk about. So it all good man!

* Edited at 04.05.2012, 9:06 PM ET *

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,913  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

04.05.2012 | 9:03 PM ET

It's Ellenberger's time.  He'll TKO Kampmann early.
MMApicker42
MMApicker42

04.05.2012 | 9:04 PM ET

@Analias  Like your thoughts....
blapthorne
blapthorne
  • Predictions:  10,369  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  272
  • Post Score: 63

04.05.2012 | 10:00 PM ET

Does Condit really have a say?

Prediction: correct Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Why would the UFC allow Condit to 'wait' for GSP?  Isn't the point of an Interim Championship so that a belt is contended for in the division until the champion returns?

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed. - Stephen King"

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

04.06.2012 | 12:57 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

you'd think so, but theres been absolutley no talk from dana or condit about anything other than gsp.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.06.2012 | 12:59 PM ET

When is GSp expected back? I mean I know Condit want's to wait but if GSP isn't coming back to 2013 then they should have Condit fight again

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.06.2012 | 1:02 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

November is what they've said for the fight to take place

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.06.2012 | 1:04 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I dont agree with Kampmann getting a #1 contender fight, hes 2-2 in his last 4 and only won last time out because of an epic mental lapse by Thiago. Can Dana just force Condit to man up and fight Ellenberger?

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.06.2012 | 1:05 PM ET

well I guess that isn't too bad, and after the whole gsp/diaz/condit debacle I guess I can't really be mad at Condit for wanting to wait

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : 10 Types Of BJJ Guards Grapplers Should Know
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! BJJ Star Craig Jones Dumps $1 Million In Cash On Rogan’s Desk
  • MMA Mania : Lima Inks Bellator Contract Extension
  • MMA Mania : ‘No One’s Feeling Sorry For You’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for May: Steve Erceg gives commendable test to Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Dustin Poirier's record 'smokes' Islam Makhachev's
  • UFC.com : A SUBTLE APPROACH TO SUMMER
  • MMA Mania : Tsarukyan ‘Should Thank’ Makhachev For UFC Career
  • MMA Junkie : 'EA UFC 5' continues roster expansion with four free fighter additions
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes It All Fell Apart for Alexander Volkanovski After the Makhachev Rematch: ‘I Thought He Won the First Time’
  • MMAFighting.com : Benoit Saint Denis eyes UFC fights in Manchester and Paris, ‘more determined than ever to become the champion’
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Accuses Conor McGregor of PED Use Ahead of UFC 303 Return: ‘He’s Out of His Mind’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Eagle is landed': Khabib Nurmagomedov returns to corner Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘Diamond’s’ Kryptonite? Khabib Confirmed Back At UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria on how Sean O'Malley fight would go: 'I can do with him whatever I want'
  • MMAFighting.com : Khabib Nurmagomedov will serve as cornerman for Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 27, 2024 - June 2, 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Everything Fell Apart’ For Volkanovski
  • MMAFighting.com : Talita Bernardo vs. Olga Rubin title fight headlines Invicta FC’s return in June
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 pre-event facts: Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier battle for history – and lightweight title