Tapology Forums

The 2012 MVP of Tapology Discussion thread (updated rosters)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

02.22.2012 | 1:58 PM ET

as much as I want to see how big the other thread will get throughout the year, I think we needed a cleaner OP for newer members to be able to tell what is going on, so for all future discussion please come to this thread and kindly let the other one die. 

The draft is over and we have our 6 new FANTASTIC teams, I'm really excited to see how this season unfolds as I think any team can win after the draft here is the new updated rosters and the team standings as of WEEK 8.

Team Players Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology Poir420 Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology ACFMMA Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology OldmanGloom Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology HavokDM Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology ouirck76 Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology AnikM Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology xxTank0019xx Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology livesteel Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology geezhound Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology Piercerdan Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology itfigures Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology ThiagoSilva9794 Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology snowman Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology fugazzi Picks Upcoming
Sons of Tapology hitmandn Picks Upcoming

Swick With It Swickotine Picks Upcoming
Swick With It R1zla Picks Upcoming
Swick With It mulefloyd Picks Upcoming
Swick With It wake99 Picks Upcoming
Swick With It Live2Wrestle Picks Upcoming
Swick With It Prodigykid14 Picks Upcoming
Swick With It benjaminbrandt Picks Upcoming
Swick With It yorma Picks Upcoming
Swick With It Shabbalanya Picks Upcoming
Swick With It OrangeHippo Picks Upcoming
Swick With It trevpicks Picks Upcoming
Swick With It derp Picks Upcoming
Swick With It giffordj Picks Upcoming
Swick With It ch40z Picks Upcoming
Swick With It norbar Picks Upcoming

Honey Badgers Soccerkick Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers Dannotheman Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers Rorschach Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers Rowlison Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers Almo Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers Cheese32165 Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers DietDrPepper Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers Mortis Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers skeet2b Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers bbman182 Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers michigandolphin Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers strez Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers icedrosa Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers daikaiju wicked Picks Upcoming
Honey Badgers reeves Picks Upcoming

Team Punk Rock JayKool777 Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock FresnoMMA Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock loneronin Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock TheMMAmessiah Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock MikeLovesTacos XD Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock Wishishere Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock jaffacakehero Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock desauce Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock daguentha Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock Joe Kerr Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock mmAPR0digy Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock flying_frontkick Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock Sonnenssyringe Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock Gregory Picks Upcoming
Team Punk Rock treyporfavor Picks Upcoming

Tapology Top Team CashBrewyn Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team Kalibo Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team t0rch Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team Bigj383 Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team RWLawman Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team MegaDave Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team lbj6 Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team thefreeman Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team tylerdurdon Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team NetHazard Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team kallousklown Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team ONE HIT QUIT Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team ufcchick2011 Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team minotauro11 Picks Upcoming
Tapology Top Team kamander Picks Upcoming

AmeriCAN Werewolves Wolfmanhowl Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves chron96 Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves hdmexiqtioner Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves GASTRONAUT Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves ItsTheDudeDude Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves japanese steel Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves Type138 Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves crimedawg92 Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves catalogger Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves Lopati Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves Warjorge Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves Oldnick Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves flatiger Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves mmapicker42 Picks Upcoming
AmeriCAN Werewolves senor jose Picks Upcoming

* Edited at 02.22.2012, 2:13 PM ET *

Responses Page 9

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

02.27.2012 | 11:16 PM ET

Trophies that don't exist? When Gregory actually implements those ribbons, then you could have an argument.
GASTRONAUT
GASTRONAUT
  • Predictions:  5,582  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  946
  • Post Score: 191

02.27.2012 | 11:17 PM ET

nuts this big don't come off, they come on...everything.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.27.2012 | 11:17 PM ET

your bonus points for coming in the top ten don't exist either. i bet the ribbons come before the end of the year. first place and the lead is 2225. around that.

* Edited at 02.27.2012, 11:18 PM ET *

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

02.27.2012 | 11:27 PM ET

I don't know what you and wolf are smoking, me and joekerr both have more points than both of you, that means we pick fights better, plain and simple. It's addition not Algebra.

edit: moved this to the right thread.
wake99
wake99
  • Predictions:  20,593  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,334
  • Post Score: 282

02.27.2012 | 11:30 PM ET

@ GASTRONAUT

It's because of all the changes and new players this week, the +/- might not be accurate for everybody, no big deal. You did move up 4 spots so that's great!
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

02.27.2012 | 11:32 PM ET

STRIKES AGAIN!!!

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.27.2012 | 11:36 PM ET

Messiah, or it just means that while you get close you just can't win the big one.  

Messiah remember this:

"Rather than be almost great in a lot of events (you) I would rather achieve greatness in a few (me)."

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

02.27.2012 | 11:38 PM ET

And I would rather be in 7th than 16th, R1zla also has 1 win, are you actually claiming than you are better than him as well?
Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.27.2012 | 11:41 PM ET

All I am saying is that I would rather have 5 event wins and be in 16th than have 1 and be in the top 10.  I never said I was better than you. 

Yeah I think it is more important to win events than to place well in a lot of events.  people remember winners not runners up.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Almo
Almo
  • Predictions:  2,058  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  256
  • Post Score: 195

02.28.2012 | 9:15 AM ET

For the most part, the Honey Badgers did great.  a lot of our guys in the top 10.  Nice work Diet on the 2nd place finish.

"Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one" - Benjamin Franklin

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.28.2012 | 9:53 AM ET

SO the people that have been dropped and re picked up don't keep their previous points?

* Edited at 02.28.2012, 9:57 AM ET *

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

02.28.2012 | 10:32 AM ET

Nice job by our new addition hiblet winning 2 events and taking 5th place overall!!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,238  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

02.28.2012 | 10:37 AM ET

Personally i feel my picks ~ not really good.. :(

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

02.29.2012 | 2:01 AM ET

ATTENTION

Okay guys with the help of some other members we just keep coming up with ways to make this thing better, as always all new bonuses are being retroactively added. With that being said 1st things 1st, Me and Wolf both agree that the Zuffa addition was a great idea but there are far to many great pickers and forum posters to only have 2 per team, I personally know of at least 10 people I would love to add to the Zuffa side, so even though they will be one week's scores behind we are going to expand one last time to 5 Zuffa players total. We'll run a snake draft and at the time of this post, Cash will be on the clock, hopefully we can get it done before the UFC on FX 2. 

In addition to this some new MAJOR bonuses are being added. We will be implementing a month individual and team leader board. We are doing this mainly so even if a team isn't in contention in say November, they can still be interested and keep up on something. The 3 top teams at the end of each month will be rewarded 1,000-400-200 points respectively which is equivalent to 4x the weekly bonus. The individual bonus will be 500-200-100, which is only double because 1000 points would be far to much to give to one person. One last bonus is that since I'm giving out monthly bonuses to the top 3 teams, it's only fair I give out bonuses to the top 3 teams each week, so I will go back through the leaderboards and add 100 and 50 team points for every 2nd and 3rd weekly finish. 

any members and especially captains please give me your feedback and let me know if you have any objections, although I think all these changes are for the betterment of the league. A big reason I did this was so it would give teams more ways to catch up, I know in the short run it will expand ours and the Wolves leads because we performed so well in February and January but it will give you ways to close those gaps super fast if you outperform us over the next couple months! If there are no objections, Cash can post his first pick whenever he likes!

I am posting this due to impatience and wanting to get this draft done before Friday, so if Wake comes back and tells me tomorrow that either he feels he doesn't want to do these new leaderboards or that he can't then this post will be dissolved! But he is so awesome I doubt that happens! 

Just so everyone knows this is accurate I will post a ONE TIME SHOWING of the past points that will be added retroactively next week. This will be the last time I do this as wake has pointed out it causes drama and confusion. But here it is

Punk Rock-2200; Won January(1000), 2nd in February(400), Fresno was 3rd in January(100), Wish won February(500) and we had 200 points of past 2nd and 3rd place weekend finishes

American Werewolves-1950; Won February(1000), 2nd in January(400), Catalogger was 3rd in February(100) and they had 450 points of past finishes

Swick With It-800; R1zla won January(500), 3rd in January(200) and they had 100 in past weekend finishes

Honey Badgers-500; 3rd in February(200) Danno was 2nd in January(200) and they had 100 in past finishes

Sons of Tapology-350; ACF was 2nd in February(250) and they had 100 in past finishes

TTT- Unfortunately, you guys did come in 4th in January, but haven't had any top 3 scorers or top 3 weekends as of it, turn that around in March and show the other teams you aren't just going to lay down!

* Edited at 02.29.2012, 7:52 AM ET *

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

02.29.2012 | 3:04 AM ET

i started reading your post mmamessiah, then saw down below that ttt doesn't get anything so i stopped. getting a little discouraged, but o well. i'll just keep making my picks every week.

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

02.29.2012 | 7:51 AM ET

@lbj don't get discouraged please, you actually are performing really well. and 20,000 is a tiny fraction of what Bring It was down by. If you guys just start making all your picks, you guys may not win (remember, only one team can) but you'll definitely be in the hunt for all awards and stuff like this, I see I got a down arrow so if you guys don't want to do this we don't have too, just thought it was a good idea.
Almo
Almo
  • Predictions:  2,058  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  256
  • Post Score: 195

02.29.2012 | 11:22 AM ET

WAR HONEYBADGERS!!!!

* Edited at 02.29.2012, 12:19 PM ET *

"Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one" - Benjamin Franklin

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

02.29.2012 | 11:40 AM ET

@mmamessiah, word. i just hate losin haha! i'm gonna keep goin though.  it wasn't me who gave you the down arrow btw. 

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,584  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

02.29.2012 | 11:57 AM ET

damn i'll be back in a bit to make picks i guess..and lbj6 you're one of our best and consistent pickers keep it up!

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

02.29.2012 | 12:48 PM ET

So I don't quite know about the down arrows, is it from people who are on TTT and just disappointed, people who are upset my team has the most? Or do people just think it's not a good idea, if so voice why, a down arrow is fine but at least be able to articulate why. And too make it go faster and to help the lower teams, each captain will be making two picks in the 1st round, then when it gets to the wolves, they will draft all 3 and it will snake back. 

One last thing, Wake has his computer formulas and such and was able to figure out the January totals without the last weekend of January and the actual rankings are 
1) r1zla
2)Danno
3)Soccer

* Edited at 02.29.2012, 1:18 PM ET *

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Tour – Istanbul 2024 Full Results And Review
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Organizer And Fight 2 Win Head Seth Daniels Sends Death Threats To Craig Jones
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville: Bad Stoppage Kills Cannonier’s Title Bid
  • MMA Mania : ‘$2 Million Headbutt’ Kept Oliveira Off MSG Card
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 4: Make your predictions for heavyweights and women's flyweights in Connecticut
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Punahele Soriano contemplated retirement prior to UFC on ESPN 57 win: 'I felt so much pressure'
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White hopes Tony Ferguson retires after UFC on ABC 7 regardless of result
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Anderson Silva open workout ahead of Chael Sonnen boxing match
  • MMA Mania : Cig Smoking Fighter Finds Out He Won $50k Bonus
  • MMA Mania : Cig Smoking UFC Fighter Wins $50k Bonus
  • MMA Junkie : Brunno Ferreira calls for Bo Nickal after spinning-elbow KO at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 post-event facts: Punahele Soriano sets multiple new all-time UFC records
  • MMAFighting.com : Saul Milton of Chase & Status talks MMA fandom, Tyson Fury walking out to ‘Baddadan’ for Francis Ngannou fight
  • MMA Junkie : Sergio Pettis reflects on Rizin 47 loss to Kyoji Horiguchi: 'It's an eye-opener'
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall Copying Edwards’ Plan For Late UFC 304 Start Time
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Jared Cannonier after UFC on ESPN 57 loss?
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: Best of UFC's Raul Rosas Jr.
  • MMAFighting.com : Calvin Kattar vs. Kyle Nelson on tap for Sept. 7 UFC event
  • MMA Junkie : Raul Rosas Jr. says Ricky Turcios claimed illness, staph infection after submission loss at UFC on ESPN 57