Topic: UFC 300

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,236
  • Post Score: 47

12.16.2023 | 12:25 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 300
  • Saturday 04.13.2024 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $16,508,823
  • Attendance: 20,067
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Pereira   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   3:14 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Xiaonan Yan   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Max Holloway   defeats   Justin Gaethje   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   4:59 Round 5 of 5, 24:59 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Charles Oliveira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bo Nickal   defeats   Cody Brundage   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Jiří Procházka   defeats   Aleksandar Rakić   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:17 Round 2 of 3, 8:17 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Calvin Kattar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kayla Harrison   defeats   Holly Holm   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:47 Round 2 of 3, 6:47 Total Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Sodiq Yusuff   via KO/TKO, Uppercuts to Ground Strikes   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Jalin Turner   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:11 Round 2 of 3, 9:11 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Marina Rodriguez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Jim Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Cody Garbrandt   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:02 Round 2 of 3, 9:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 59

IDPC7
IDPC7
  • Predictions:  323  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  188
  • Post Score: 141

04.13.2024 | 12:49 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 5120th

I would love to see that if I didn't have Kayla in a parlay lol

"let people sleep on me, and let the doctor wake 'em up" - Jamahal Hill

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss
  • Predictions:  430  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 58

04.13.2024 | 1:00 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 5542nd

@IDPC7 
You put Kayla in a parlay... Well I guess we all have to fug around and find out at some point. She should win, and she is fighting the ghost of Holly Holm, but she is not parlay material. Also UFC is a different level we know nothing about her skills yet. 
IDPC7
IDPC7

04.13.2024 | 1:03 AM ET

Yeah I think she shouldn't have a problem getting it done. Though I will admit it's stupid to have a -450 wmma fighter in a parlay, I will take that risk.

Frank J
Frank J
  • Predictions:  67  |  47.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: -300

04.13.2024 | 1:06 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 4965th

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R4
Hill's got nothing to lose, and Pereira's been living a lot more comfortably of late.

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, SUB, R4
Weili is a cut above.

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, TKO, R1
I think Max is going to eat a couple of leg kicks and then find the button on Justin's chin. He's going to surprise people.

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R2
Oliveira seems to come close to losing in nearly every fight and finds a way to come back, but I don't think Arman is going to make any mistakes that allow Charles back into the fight.

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
At the weigh-in face off, Brundage didn't look like a guy who plans on winning.

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R3
I have a feeling that Jiri is going to thrive in this fight.

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, DEC
I'll take a former champ over a perennial contender any day.

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, DEC
I think this is going to be a bloody back and forth battle and it will be close.

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, TKO, R1
Turner is a surgeon with a reach advantage. Moicano won't be able to get to him without taking massive shots. I think Turner will catch him coming in and put him to sleep.

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
This will be bloody and ugly.

Green vs. Miller
Jim Miller, DEC
Miller is too crafty and too well-rounded to fall victim of Green's rope-a-dope counterstrike style. He will take the path of least resistance and grind out a decision.

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Cody Garbrandt, TKO, R2
I think Cody's chin isn't as bad as everyone assumes it is, and I think Figgy is going to take him too lightly.

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss

04.13.2024 | 1:17 AM ET

@IDPC7 
I don't believe in this wmma stuff people be talking about. We just have to understand that it is not two men fighting, and look at it from a different angle. All of the information is there for us to see, but we have to interpret it in a way that contradicts what our minds have been trained to understand. I love wmma fights, they are challenging to predict and I don't feel bad when I get it wrong. :)
Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,702  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: -1

04.13.2024 | 2:01 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 463rd

Pereira vs. Hill
Alex Pereira, TKO, R1
Pereira starts fast and early drilling Hills legs, pinning him into the cage. Jamahal starts to press but to his fault. Periera is patient, “rangey”, and uses all his weapons. Hill starts to get desperate on the cage, but Pereira starts to land bombs, and ducks, spins and connects with a spinning back elbow. Historic KO $$.

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, SUB, R4
Very wary of this one. But Weili will be losing to start the fight. Yan successfully utilizing the range, incredibly well. Round 3 Weili will start to adapt and understand the gameplan on Yan. She utulizes the clinch, dirty boxing and knees on the cage. She gets a trip down. Ends round 3 with solid ground and pound. Round 4 she really digs into that gameplan but also giving her room on the cage for strikes. She ends up getting another trip and works for an armbar from the top and she secures it. Possibly FOTN.

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, TKO, R5
What should or could have been stopped in round 4, occurs in round 5 when the referee sees enough due to defenselessness. Max peppers through the wild swinging shots of Gaethje. Creating a gigantic cut similar to a Diaz fight. TKO in round 5 Ref Stoppage.

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Charles Oliveira, DEC
30-27, 29-28, 28-29 split but Charlie Olives whoops that ass in the striking department, slicing him up, and reversing most grappling exchanges.

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, TKO, R1
Most likely going to have Bo turn into Gaethje and never use his wrestling, he still lands some brutal hooks that put Brundage out cold though. Also Bo ain’t getting 300k with an arm triangle choke.

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R2
Front head teap kick ala Anderson > Vitor. Beautiful, samurai ****.

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, DEC
30-26, 30-27x2 UNI. I don’t see a finish here, both fighters have too much five round experience recently and start tentatively.

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, DEC
If given 5 rounds I could see a different outcome. Holm will look fantastic but I can see a very controversial decision in favor of Harrison here. SPLIT 30-27, 29-28, 27-30

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R1
Guillotine submission as Sodiq reaches to much for a takedown in response to getting peppered. Fantastic fight but lopes is for real.

Turner vs. Moicano
Renato Moicano, SUB, R1
Renato clips Turner and immediately jumps on his back. Renato sinks in an RNC and gets that money.

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R2
Marina gets clipped trying to throw a body kick. Andrade lands a crusher of a counter. TKO finish.

Green vs. Miller
Jim Miller, TKO, R1
Bobby comes to bang and he walks into a Miller Hook. Miller by TKO he pours on ground and pound.

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Cody Garbrandt, DEC
Banger of a fight and Cody pulls it off. 29-28x2 28-29 SPLIT

FcBayern
FcBayern
  • Predictions:  1,826  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  117
  • Post Score: 9

04.13.2024 | 2:43 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 3926th

Main event referee Herb Dean,Co-main Herzog,the trash mark goddard hopefully out from this card nobody need him ruining fights exactly for ufc 300
SANGRES
SANGRES
  • Predictions:  152  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  346
  • Post Score: 62

04.13.2024 | 2:45 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 4024th

Get a good rest in, take a nap or something because your vocal cords will be destroyed after this event

"Every animal has a different bite" - Benjamin Esparza

IDPC7
IDPC7

04.13.2024 | 2:56 AM ET

I went to the last UFC card in Canada and I couldn't talk for like 2 weeks, no exaggeration. Chanting **** Trudeau and **** Magny with the whole crowd was worth it, Then magny got a finish...

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss

04.13.2024 | 3:18 AM ET

Why is there a rash of down votes hitting everybody. Who has a problem out here, talk to me about it, use your words!
IDPC7
IDPC7

04.13.2024 | 3:23 AM ET

lmfao for real, is someone upset that I said **** Magny? Never heard of a Neil Magny fan

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,892  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,217
  • Post Score: 191

04.13.2024 | 3:28 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 2144th

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R2
The fight could go anywhere. Tsarukyan is younger and has his revenge against Islam on the horizon, Oliveira will surely take more risks given that time is against him and that a defeat could end his chances of becoming champion again. Both are truly complete fighters where Oliveira is a master of submissions and Arman is an expert in takedown and powerful ground and pound. In striking, Tsarukyan trained for many years in Tiger Muay Thai, showing considerable evolution since his first fight in the UFC and Charles, for his part, has the characteristic style of Chute Boxe Muay Thai. I think something stands out unlike Gaethje or Poirier, if Tsarukyan hurts Charles on his feet or pulls him into a pull guard for some reason, Arman will go look for him on the ground ignoring any risk of subs attempts or reversals. Tsarukyan's ground and pound is the key from my point of view, DoBronx hasn't seen anything like it since that second round against Paul Felder.

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R2
Rakic can wrestle but he's mostly striker, Jiri is unique and unorthodox in standing fight. It's an even fight considering that both are coming off of losses and long injuries recently, but I think Prochazka is going to put Rakic's lights off in the second round with a knee strike or a one-two combo.

Kattar vs. Sterling
Calvin Kattar, TKO, R1
Maybe Kattar is coming off a serious injury and is already 36 years old, but it is literally the same type of matchup as in his fight against Ricardo Lamas. Sterling is a top wrestler with a striking without power, but effective in working his way into grappling, but Kattar, in addition to his KO power, also has an excellent Takedown Defense. Dana White doesn't like Aljo since all the drama with Merab and I'm sure the matchmakers were well aware of Kattar's past against wrestlers before making the schedule. Aljo gonna be chinned by Kattar in the first round!

Green vs. Miller
Jim Miller, TKO, R1
Miller 2-0 in UFC 100 and UFC 200, now he's fighting in UFC 300 against a Bobby Green who seems to me to be making a hasty comeback after a terrible late stoppage. Green is miles ahead in Chin department compared to Motta, Erick Gonzalez and Butler but I think Green's damage output and fighting style with hand downs guard that relies heavily on slipping punches is the perfect recipe for a TKO win by Miller in the first round.

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Cody Garbrandt, DEC
Speed vs. Power matchup, but many people forget that Garbrandt is still one of the heavy hitters in the Bantamweight Division. Figuieredo clearly beat Font, achieving wooble him several times in the first round in addition to using takedown attacks when Font tried to be aggressive, sealing the fight with a good stick and move to manage the advantage. Victories against Trevis Jones or Brian Kelleher may seem meaningless, but in their current forms and as Event Opener in a historic card (where the stadium is probably quite full as in an average PPV Main Card fight) I can't say how both of them are going to fight . I have a feeling that at UFC 300 we could see the closest thing to the performance of Garbrandt vs. Dominick Cruz, taking into account the speed advantage and if he decides not to take the center, avoids pressing desperately, he can take the outside side and do that type of pressure that Cody used against Cruz, leading him to take the first step and open the spaces for counterattack. I think that if they go to the wild exchange Deivison has everything to win, If Cody shows composure he can win from a distance or even by KO with a fast fist that Figuieredo does not expect.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,455  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  824
  • Post Score: 97

04.13.2024 | 3:30 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

Please no eye pokes, no NC. Can't wait
Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,892  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,217
  • Post Score: 191

04.13.2024 | 3:33 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 2144th

I'm still undecided regarding Gaethje vs. Holloway: My reference is the Holloway's second fight against Poirier, I think that Gaethje manages to hurt Max like Dustin did in the first 2 rounds at UFC 236, Justin should get the TKO at least. But if Holloway closes out strong like he did starting in Round 3 against Dustin, Max could win the last 3 rounds in a row and even get a standing TKO against Gaethje in Round 4 or 5.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  818  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  565

04.13.2024 | 3:37 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 3219th

LFG 1 more sleep!

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  818  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  565

04.13.2024 | 3:39 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 3219th

WHO'S GETTING DRUNK AS ****K!!! LFFGGGGG

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss

04.13.2024 | 3:53 AM ET

@Amettxpc 
Holloway decision is the best pick for that fight, we can't trust Gaethje, but you know... 300k just got put on the hook and its for the BMF belt. Too many variables to calculate.

@grayerman 
LFG dude! Woooo!, but the fights are many hours away, I'm only using herb till then, I learned my lesson.

IDPC7
IDPC7

04.13.2024 | 4:04 AM ET

I agree with the max decision, especially seeing the value at +260, but not super confident.

RenayDiggler
RenayDiggler
  • Predictions:  3,418  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 71

04.13.2024 | 4:35 AM ET

Ufc 300

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 7354th

Saying it now, Jamaal Hill has summoned his inner Derek Lewis and I feel , inebriated but also that Someone is going to sleep and Although Hill has taking a bit for me to get on board He's got some talent like his opponent,  this will be exciting but once again I feel like the inner Lewis has been unleashed and we will see Carnage !! Cheers Fam Shout out MMAHoles, let's go 300
Xion
Xion
  • Predictions:  296  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 39

04.13.2024 | 4:35 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 2107th

bro drake just bet 675K on pereira its over

"sakanigadik"

Page 59

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon
  • UFC.com : Olympians To Compete In The UFC
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz Boxing Match Moved From June 1 to July 6 in Anaheim
  • MMAFighting.com : Muhammad Mokaev faces Manel Kape at UFC 304 in Manchester
  • MMA Mania : Mokaev Vs. Kape In The Works For UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Pokes Fun at Islam Makhachev’s Performance on Punching Machine Ahead of UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO Group Holdings suffered net loss of $249.5 million in 2024 first quarter largely due to UFC antitrust settlement