Topic: UFC 300

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,278
  • Post Score: 47

12.16.2023 | 12:25 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 300
  • Saturday 04.13.2024 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $16,508,823
  • Attendance: 20,067
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Pereira   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   3:14 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Xiaonan Yan   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Max Holloway   defeats   Justin Gaethje   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   4:59 Round 5 of 5, 24:59 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Charles Oliveira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bo Nickal   defeats   Cody Brundage   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Jiří Procházka   defeats   Aleksandar Rakić   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:17 Round 2 of 3, 8:17 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Calvin Kattar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kayla Harrison   defeats   Holly Holm   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:47 Round 2 of 3, 6:47 Total Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Sodiq Yusuff   via KO/TKO, Uppercuts to Ground Strikes   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Jalin Turner   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:11 Round 2 of 3, 9:11 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Marina Rodriguez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Jim Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Cody Garbrandt   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:02 Round 2 of 3, 9:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 37

Zion
Zion
  • Predictions:  113  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: -52

03.31.2024 | 10:41 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 6731st

@Mksjobal9 
 alex only chance is leg kick. without that . totally mismatch
grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  847  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  572
  • Post Score: 63

03.31.2024 | 3:30 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 3219th

With the luck we've been having recently, UFC 300 is going to have at least 2 cancellations, dq's, nc's, or crazy robberies

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

QMor29
QMor29
  • Predictions:  1,024  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  41
  • Post Score: 137

03.31.2024 | 5:00 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 695 Points   |   Tied for 410th

Ya never know, Jamal could try to TKO his brother again 

"“Don’t be scared homie” Nick Diaz"

MickRaven
MickRaven
  • Predictions:  1,319  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 167

03.31.2024 | 5:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 560 Points   |   Tied for 3180th

Pereira vs. Hill
Alex Pereira, TKO, R3
This is a more closed fight than some people may be expecting. Jamahal has the power to put Alex away, but I don't think he's gonna be that light on his feet after his brutal injury. And I don't think that it's gonna be that easy for him to put Alex away, I mean, we're talking a two weight division champion in Glory and two weight division champion in the UFC. And of course, Jamahal is not Adesanya (which a far better striker than him), so I don't think he'll try to counter Alex (since he's more of a pressure striker). In the other hand, Alex has faced tougher competition than Jamahal (come on, man: Sean Strickland>Paul Craig, Israel Adesanya>>No Chin Jimmy Crute and No Chin Johnny Walker, Jan Blachowicz>Washed Up Thiago Santos and Jiri Prochazka>Glover Teixeira), and has show a better chin in 205lb division. So, I think if Jamahal gets to confortable in this fight, he'll get slowly destroyed by Alex calf kicks and eventually KO by a combo ending with the big left hook.

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, TKO, R2
Nothing against Yan, but I think Weili is gonna be too much for her. Yan's last 5 fights in the UFC can be resumed in a simple way: Gadelha was washed up and way past her prime, Esparza easily beat her with pure wrestling, close fight against Marina where she could get the win, Mackenzie has no striking with poor wrestling offence and Andrade was sloppy and dumb as hell against her by letting herself openned up for a big counter punch. And now talking about Weili last five fights: knockout loss to Rose and a real close second fight with Rose (where she could have get the win), retiring Joanna with dominating wrestling in the first round (a clear 10-8 round) and brutal spinning backfist in the second, destroying Esparza (who beats Yan) on her own game and a one sided beatdown against Amanda Lemos. Comparing both of these girls last 5 bouts, Weili is far more impressive, sice she takes top competition and had involved fight after fight. Going into a verdict, I think Weili is gonna play right into Yan's weakness (wrestling) and gonna get a dominating 2nd round TKO win (sorry, I don't think this is gonna be a close fight like some people may be expecting).

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R4
The thing about this fight is not how Max gonna fight, but yes, how he's gonna be coming into this one. If he comes with a good weight and in shape of a real lightweight, than he'll bring it to Gaethje. But the thing is, since Max is bulking up to this fight and looking huge, I think that his gas tank can be compromissed. And I don't like the idea of Max getting hit by Gaethje (knowing the historic of Max of getting hit inumeorous times during his fights), specially in this 5 round fight. So, I think that Gaethje will be very technical and calm during this bout and will punish Max for 3 rounds with powerful shots, getting the stoppage in the 4th round (becoming the first one to crack Max's chin).

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
Trash fight, period. Shouldn't even be in the main card just beacause of Bo's hype train. This spot should have belong to Figueiredo vs Garbrandt or Sodiq vs Lopes, and having Cody Brundage on the main card above all these fights that I had said is pure bullsh**. So, what can I say, easy win for Bo.

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Charles Oliveira, TKO, R3
50/50 on this one. Even tho that Arman has wrestling to neutralize Oliveira, I think that Oliveira has much better striking than Arman. That'll problably be a chess fight, but I think that Oliveira will caught Arman with a sneak shot during some exchange and put him away, in the closest fight of the evening (even tho Arman has some good wins on his last fights, Oliveira has faced much better competition, and that experience gap may be a difference for Oliveira in this fight).

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R2
On this one, I think that Procházka is a terrible match up for Rakic, who's coming back from a leg injury. I think that the gap of being active between these two and the injury recovery from Rakic will be a huge factor in this fight. So, I think that Jiri will put a lot of pressure on Rakic, throwing big shots and eventually getting a TKO stoppage in the end of the second.

Kattar vs. Sterling
Calvin Kattar, DEC
I don't know how Kattar gonna come back to this one after that knee injury, but is pretty tough for me to see Aljo winning this one. Kattar has better striking than Aljo and excellent TDD (where Aljo can shine in this fight). So, better not let Kattar last 2 losses get on the way (which was two controversial losses, where he got robbed against Emmett and suffered a knee injury against Allen), because he has the perfect style to cancel Aljo's style.

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, SUB, R2
If Holly was still on her prime, it could a more balanced fight (even tho, I think Kayla would still beats her), but now that she's 42 years old and hasn't finished a fight in 8 years (cause she has a boring style), I can easily see Kayla walking through Holly (really, the grappling skills difference is gonna be too much for Holly). Of course we could use the Ronda comparision with Kayla, since both are judoca, but Kayla is no Ronda, and different of Ronda, Kayla can wrestle. So, I got to say that is a easy win for Kayla, since Holly struggles a lot against grapplers who can wrestle.

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, TKO, R3
Another banger of a fight in the prelims, and problably one of the best of the night. I think this one will be a slugfest in the first 2 rounds, but as the fight progress going into the third, Sodiq will get tired (just like in the Barbosa fight) and eventually will get destroyed by Lopes pressure style.

Turner vs. Moicano
Renato Moicano, DEC
People may be overestimating Jalin on this one, because he's not that good like people is trying to put in here (KO Bobby Green, who was the perfect match up for him is not that impressive). Jalin is real dangerous in 1.5 round, but he fades as the fight progress. I think that Moicano will use his good wrestling earlier in the fight and will take Jalin down, holding him down there to a UD win (Moicano may be caught in the first round getting hurt in the process, but I think he survives and dominate Turner with pure wrestling).

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Marina Rodriguez, TKO, R2
Let's be honest, knocking out Mackenzie Dern is not that impressive for Andrade, it was predictable, since Dern's striking is unexistent, and Marina's win against Waterson was also predictable aswell. If Andrade comes with fighting IQ to this one, she'll take Marina down and get a UD via wrestling. But if she comes in the same way she fought Yan, with sloppy striking, she'll problably get countered by Marina and eventually knocked out. Really a coin toss in this one. I would say that skillwise, Andrade is better, more well rounded and should easily win this one, but my instincts are telling that she's gonna threw her fighting IQ through the window and will try to brawl with Marina (since Marina is not a grappler, so she'll not be scared of being taken down), getting caught by a big right in counter.

Green vs. Miller
Jim Miller, TKO, R1
I think is too fast for Bobby to comeback after that brutal loss against Turner, so I don't know how he's gonna react if he gets caught by Miller's shots. So, Miller is looking good on his lasts performances and showed that he has power to take Bobby out of there, which I think he will.

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R2
Banger of a fight to open up the card. I think people may be underestimating Cody a little bit, cause Figueiredo fighting with his hands down just like he always does against a guy like Cody may be dangerous for him. But Figueiredo looked good against Font, whose Cody got dominated. And I don't think that win against Kelleher proves something from Cody honestly (Kelleher is trash). So I think that Cody will try to fight patiently in the beginning, but once hell breaks loose inside the cage, he'll problably start to brawl and then get caught by a sneak shot, so Deiveson dusts Cody inside 2 rounds.

TRTor
TRTor
  • Predictions:  218  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 109

03.31.2024 | 5:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 685 Points   |   Tied for 484th

Pereira vs. Hill
Alex Pereira, TKO, R4
I love Alex, definitely one of my favorite fighters atm. He’s risen to prominence so quickly it’s crazy. Obviously he still has his grappling flaws but none the less he’s awesome. His defense could definitely get him in trouble here though. Hill is powerful and has the skill to knockout anyone in the division. I think the calf kicks of Alex will be a factor. In the end, I’m gonna bet he find a KO somewhere in the middle of the fight. Late second or 3rd round

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, DEC
Self explanatory, Weili is the best female fighter on the planet. Yans striking is damn good but she’s just screwed here

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R5
Strange booking imo but it’s gonna be an awesome fight. Holloway is still among the elite at featherweight but I don’t see this going well for him. I could see it going down like the Ferguson fight did with Gaethje. Max is faster than Tony was obviously but I feel like the power is gonna be such a difference maker. I rewatched the Poirier vs Holloway 2 fight and I think it’s gonna be a worse version of that. Especially considering Max isn’t on that level anymore. I hope it’s more competitive than I think it I’m thinking it’s gonna be

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
Should be the 1st fight of the night. It’s a setup for Nickal to look good if we are all being honest

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R3
Ridiculous this is under Nickal and Bumdage smh. Love Charlie Olives. W mans and one of the most entertaining fighters ever. He’s got every skill you’re looking for. However I think this is where a few important factors come into play. Arman is 27, incredibly skilled and is much safer than Charles. He’s safe while also being very dangerous in all aspects. Charles is getting older and still has the willingness to go into the fire but I think that will be his downfall. I think Arman will be winning from the first bell until the pressure builds up too much and Arman finish’s him

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,252  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  722
  • Post Score: 258

03.31.2024 | 5:46 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 7771st

read script, lol

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

Xion
Xion
  • Predictions:  308  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 39

03.31.2024 | 9:24 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 2107th

Pereira vs. Hill
Alex Pereira, TKO, R3
Hill is coming back to early from his injury and pereira has the best leg kicks in the division i think poatan will eat up his leg but hill still has really good boxing and pereiras boxing defence is really awkward and i think hill can catch him and put him away but i think pereira will keep him at range and **** his leg and knock him out against the fence.

"sakanigadik"

Xion
Xion
  • Predictions:  308  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 39

03.31.2024 | 9:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 2107th

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, TKO
Im not really into wmma as much as mens mma but i know that zhang is a beast and probably smokes everyone in the division

"sakanigadik"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,581
  • Post Score: 261

04.01.2024 | 4:26 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 7247th

Some of these Alex Pereria fans are so cringe. I’m a massive Alex fan still, but his  cringe fanbase annoy me 

"Quack quack quack"

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,490  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  838
  • Post Score: 98

04.01.2024 | 12:41 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

why people sleeping on Rakic?
TRTor
TRTor

04.01.2024 | 1:39 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R3
Banger fight. Should be on the main card. Jiri is another one of my boys, can’t miss type of fighter. Rakic is coming off a big layoff, but all the skills are there. I think if he fights conservative he’s gonna have slightly more success than he would be if he was aggressive. However I think if he stings Jiri he can finish him. Right now I’m thinking it’s gonna be war that ends with Jiri getting a tko later in the fight

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, DEC
This is a tough one imo. Historically, Kattar has outstanding td defense, sitting at 91%. However I think Aljo has a weird way of getting those takedowns and making it his fight. I’m not sure it will be exciting but I think Sterling gets it done. Wouldn’t be shocked if Kattar manages to pull it off

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, DEC
Probably the 2nd worst fight on the card. Holly is just not the same woman she was a few years ago. I respect her longevity but I think she should retire after this one. Kaylas weight cut is gonna play a big factor. I think she gets a lay and pray 30-27. If Holly can defend the takedowns then I think she wins easy as Kayla cannot strike to save her life. I hope it’s better than my expectations are for it

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R1
Holy banger of a fight. Sodiq is a good fighter but he has his flaws. He can be hurt and he slows down after a certain point. However early on he has crazy power. Lopes is similar but in a more well rounded sense. His Jiu Jitsu is elite, he can sub you from any position. I think it’s gonna be an insane pace for the first round. I think lopes can find his chin and capitalize with a club n sub

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, TKO, R1
Close fight. I’m a fan of both but I love Money Moicano. I just see Turner as being a bad matchup for him. Renato has always had trouble with durability at points which is not good when facing a huge, polished and powerful striker like Turner. He also has good grappling when he’s fresh. I believe that is Renatos main path to victory. However at this point I think Jalin will be too sharp for Moicano and find a 1st round tko

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R3
Andrade looked revived in her last fight. So did Marina but I think andrade was more impressive. Not much to say other than I think it will be a good fight but I see Andrade being more mentally tough than her and getting it done

Green vs. Miller
Bobby Green, DEC
Miller is the man, such an entertainer. I think Green is a bad matchup for him. Green is not only faster, more powerful but he also can defend miller’s greatest asset which is the ground game. The thing that worries me is the KO not too long ago. It was brutal too. But barring that affects him too badly I think he wins this one comfortably

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R1
2nd easiest fight to predict on the card imo. I know Cody has got a couple wins in a row, but you gotta remember these are against Trevin “5 punch” Jones and an extremely washed Kelleher while showing no proof of having a chin still. Figgy on the other hand bounced back with a solid win over Font where he looked awesome. Grappling and striking. Unless this goes sideways like mma sometimes can, I think Figgy sleeps him within 3-4 Minutes

TRTor
TRTor

04.01.2024 | 1:41 PM ET

@vandal My guess is the layoff, in the sport of mma it’s “what have you done for me lately”. Even though I’m picking Jiri I agree he’s getting slept on a little bit
SANGRES
SANGRES
  • Predictions:  164  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  386
  • Post Score: 61

04.01.2024 | 2:05 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 4024th

@DamienHandel420 
"Chama" "chama", that **** is honestly annoying

"Every animal has a different bite" - Benjamin Esparza

Harbinger
Harbinger
  • Predictions:  182  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  143
  • Post Score: 70

04.01.2024 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 5120th

Nickal vs. Brundage
Cody Brundage, KO, R1
Little Bo Peep will lose his streak.
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  3,059  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  908
  • Post Score: 322

04.01.2024 | 9:12 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 1484th

This card is packed with finishers and FOTN royalty.  Can't wait!

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,341  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,371
  • Post Score: 136

04.01.2024 | 9:27 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 3926th

Hey why does this lock in a week when it is in almost two? 

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

pashaboyer
pashaboyer
  • Predictions:  168  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: -4

04.01.2024 | 10:00 PM ET

Miller vs Bobby

Yall smoking something im not smoking to say , Miller is beating Bobby. God forbid he got Koed.
pashaboyer
pashaboyer
  • Predictions:  168  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: -4

04.01.2024 | 10:06 PM ET

@Vandal 
probably because he lost to Volkan (not a good look) 
Zion
Zion
  • Predictions:  113  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: -52

04.01.2024 | 10:56 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 6731st

Strike vs Strike I think Xiaonan will dominate Zhang.
But her grappling is sus. Zhang will resort to grappling for sure coz she cant match her in striking
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,581
  • Post Score: 261

04.02.2024 | 12:05 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 7247th

More I look at this card, I think Top to bottom I think this is the best UFC card ever, out of 13 fights, I want to see 11, think 12 of them will be fun and all of them have fighter people should know, Which other card has a fight  anywhere close to the quality of Figgy vs Garbrant as the bloody opener

Also happy Harrison vs Holm is on the card, UFC card are long, having a 30 minute break is alway appreciated from someone with ADHD, 

* Edited at 04.02.2024, 12:07 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 37

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : This week’s boxing streaming and TV schedule
  • MMA Mania : ‘Yeah, It’s Way Over 20 Million’
  • MMA Mania : Sooo ... About Last Night
  • Jits Magazine : Flavio Almeida Promoted To 6th Degree BJJ Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Asia And Oceania Trials 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight show: Reaction to Lewis’ big finish, Buckley’s win and McGregor callout
  • Bad Left Hook : Vasiliy Lomachenko stops George Kambosos to win IBF belt
  • MMA Mania : Liver Shot KO! Lomachenko Styles On Kambosos For Masterclass Win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Is This Guy For Real?!?’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White praises Joaquin Buckley's UFC on ESPN 56 win, but shuts down his Conor McGregor request
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Lomachenko vs. Kambosos ring announcer completely bungle co-main event fight result
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch ring announcer completely bungle fight result for Lomachenko vs. Kambosos co-main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 bonuses: 12-second winner is a $50K no-brainer
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis bonuses: Trey Waters, Billy Goff take home Fight of the Night following epic war
  • MMA Mania : OUCH! Rebecki Shares Photo Of His Mangled Face
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! ‘Black Jag’ Banks $50K For 12 Seconds Of Work
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC St. Louis