Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Ribas vs. Namajunas

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,278
  • Post Score: 47

12.13.2023 | 11:28 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Rose Namajunas   defeats   Amanda Ribas   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Karl Williams   defeats   Justin Tafa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Edmen Shahbazyan   defeats   AJ Dobson   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Punches   4:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Payton Talbott   defeats   Cameron Saaiman   via KO/TKO, Straight Left to Ground Punches   0:21 Round 2 of 3, 5:21 Total Bout Page
Youssef Zalal   defeats   Billy Quarantillo   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:50 Round 2 of 3, 6:50 Total Bout Page
Fernando Padilla   defeats   Luis Pajuelo   via Submission, D'arce Choke   2:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Trey Ogden   defeats   Kurt Holobaugh   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julian Erosa   defeats   Ricardo Ramos   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Miles Johns   defeats   Cody Gibson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jarno Errens   defeats   Steven Nguyen   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Darya Zheleznyakova   defeats   Montserrat Rendon   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
André Lima   defeats   Igor Severino   via Disqualificaton, Biting   2:52 Round 2 of 3, 7:52 Total Bout Page
Mick Parkin   defeats   Mohammed Usman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 14

Oneyecrook
Oneyecrook
  • Predictions:  441  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  546
  • Post Score: 6

03.22.2024 | 9:51 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 798th

@unoshowtenuno 
agreed!
Psykhes
Psykhes
  • Predictions:  437  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 185

03.22.2024 | 10:14 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4995th

If 73% of us think Billy Q wins this why does the betting line keep moving towards Zelal? Somebody know something I don’t?

"Freedom is a gun and giant bags of money"

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,112  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,528
  • Post Score: 212

03.22.2024 | 10:28 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2749th

The reason I picked zalal is just because of billy's age and because of a general gut felling that zelal will come back to the UFC full of fire wanting to prove that he belongs at this level. 

Outside of my vibes and gut felling method of picking I have no idea why the lines are moving that way to be honest.

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

unoshowtenuno
unoshowtenuno
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  209
  • Post Score: 92

03.22.2024 | 10:50 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2777th

This card feels like one big landmine. So many favorites that could let their advantages slip away, and lots of underdogs who I'd say don't have a ton of tools. Rendon and Dobson are good examples of that. Feels like people betting on dogs on this card are betting more so against the fav than in favor of the dogs skillset.

"We are all one"

FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,813  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  285
  • Post Score: 127

03.22.2024 | 11:22 PM ET

UFC Fight Night: Ribas vs. Namajunas | Full Card Fight Picks in 1 Minute

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2417th

"Every second is a gift"

UncleSocrates
UncleSocrates
  • Predictions:  1,048  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  163
  • Post Score: 184

03.23.2024 | 12:07 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 4233rd

Ribas vs. Namajunas
Rose Namajunas, TKO, R4
If Rose shows up to fight here I see this as a pretty nice ko spot for her. Ribas will bring the fight to Rose and I see that forcing Rose to show up, and in that case Ribas is chinny and Rose will be the much more technical and precise striker. Ribas will look to grapple too but Rose is good enough on the ground to get back to her feet or even find a submission. That being said I see Rose finding the finish on the feet in the later rounds here.

Williams vs. Tafa
Justin Tafa, TKO, R2
I like Tafa here, Williams is going to look to wrestle all day here but I don't think he's dominant enough to completely neutralize Tafa. When this fight is on the feet Tafa is going to march forward, eat any strikes coming his way, and land powerful shots in his Hunt-esque fashion. I think Williams will eventually crumble when Tafa puts strikes together here and the Bad Man will walk away with the ko W

Shahbazyan vs. Dobson
Edmen Shahbazyan, DEC
This is one where I feel Edmen should be able to find the ko but just have a hard time trusting him. Dobson is solid, can strike, mixes up wrestling and is relatively durable as well. Edmen is the far better striker but if Dobson is able to initiate the clinch or work in wrestling Edmen may death gas and blow this. I'm going to side with Edmen figuring it out but not finding the finish.

Talbott vs. Saaiman
Cameron Saaiman, DEC
God this fight is amazing, both young and extremely talented fighters who are well rounded and extremely game. Talbott is a dangerous fighter, has great striking, submission threats, and continues to walk forward with reckless abandon. I think his reach advantage will be big here but Saaiman is the more clean and efficient striker and will find openings on the feet. Talbott tends to be a bit hittable and Cameron will take advantage of that. I also think that Saaiman will be able to take Talbott down but have trouble controlling him because Talbott will continue to attack submissions and work to his feet. Saaiman could have issues here with Payton's pressure and ability to land when Cam can't but I think Saaiman is good enough to adjust, mix in wrestling, and take a decision.

Quarantillo vs. Zalal
Youssef Zalal, DEC
Give me Zala here, Billy Q tends to start slow but weaponize pace and output later in the fight as the other fighter begins to fade but I don't see that happening here. Zalal has phenomenal cardio and will have grappling success here. I don't think he'll control Billy the whole fight but he will successfully grapple and be able to handle himself on the feet when the fight is standing and find a decision W.

Pajuelo vs. Padilla
Fernando Padilla, DEC
Pajuelo is powerful but I'm going with Padilla here. The main thing Padilla has going for him here is size and length and I see that winning him the fight. Pajuelo will walk forward and look to tank strikes and brawl but I see him getting pieced up in the process since Padilla's striking is solid. Pajuelo has a ridiculous chin so don't see a finish but a decision W for Fernando.

Ogden vs. Holobaugh
Kurt Holobaugh, TKO, R3
War Holobaugh. I like Kurt here, Ogden has a very simple but solid game and definitely look to grapple here. I worry that Kurt will be too patient sitting in his guard because he is dangerous from there and finds submissions, but at the same time can lose rounds chasing them. On the feet Kurt marches people down, has power, and strings together pretty solid combinations. I like him to find a finish in that scenario here.

Ramos vs. Erosa
Ricardo Ramos, TKO, R2
Erosa is live for a submission here but I just can't trust his chin here. J loves to march forward and brawl and Ramos is a good enough striker to find that chin here. Spinning elbow part 3 may happen here.

Johns vs. Gibson
Cody Gibson, TKO, R2
I like Cody here, he is massive for a bantamweight, has solid striking, and pushes a ridiculous pace. He is in your face putting together combinations at a high pace but does slow down later in the fight. I think he finishes the fight before that happens here, Johns does not fair well when pressured and will get overwhelmed by the pace and output of Gibson

Nguyen vs. Errens
Steven Nguyen, DEC
A bit torn on this one but siding with Nguyen. Jarno has the ability to hurt people on the feet and will be the better grappler here but I like what Nguyen does in the boxing department a lot. Jarno loves to march forward and leave his head open and Nguyen will take advantage of this. He counters very well and mixes up his strikes well and I think he will win in the damage department.

Rendon vs. Zheleznyakova
Montserrat Rendon, DEC
Didn't tape this one much, Darya is more dangerous but Montserrat has a more well rounded game so I'll side with her at the dog price.

Severino vs. Lima
André Lima, DEC
Banger with two great prospects here, I slightly favor Lima here because he is extremely sharp on the feet and does not leave many openings. Severino is powerful and dangerous but I don't think he'll find Lima's chin enough. Lima also has great tdd so I don't see him getting taken down much where Severino likes to attack subs.

Usman vs. Parkin
Mohammed Usman, TKO, R2
Not confident in picking either of these guys, Parkin has a more diverse game by a bit but is hittable and not a great striker. Usman is about equal to Mick on the feet but has much more power in his hands. Wrestling wise Usman is strong and explosive but not extremely technical, I could see him getting a few takedowns but if Mick decides to wrestle he may struggle to get up. That being said I think Usman's power will be the difference here and he'll find a ko.

"."

jefferson99
jefferson99
  • Predictions:  1,964  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: -4

03.23.2024 | 12:13 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 58th

Ribas vs. Namajunas
Rose Namajunas, TKO, R3
Namajunas é simplesmente muito mais habilidosa onde quer que a luta vá.

jefferson99
jefferson99

03.23.2024 | 12:14 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Williams vs. Tafa
Karl Williams, DEC
Tafa será uma ameaça logo no início, mas acho que Williams buscará alongar a luta, atacando quando precisar, mas também procurando oportunidades de derrubar sempre que possível.

jefferson99
jefferson99

03.23.2024 | 12:18 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Shahbazyan vs. Dobson
Edmen Shahbazyan, TKO, R1
Acho que Shahbazyan faz o trabalho aqui rapidamente, aproveitando ao máximo sua vantagem na trocação e seu poder de nocaute.

jefferson99
jefferson99

03.23.2024 | 12:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Talbott vs. Saaiman
Payton Talbott, DEC
Estou dividido nessa escolha, então vou dizer que, no geral, é Talbott quem manterá a maior produção em pé ao longo de três rounds e terá os maiores momentos na trocação para vencer por uma decisão muito disputada.

jefferson99
jefferson99

03.23.2024 | 12:25 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Quarantillo vs. Zalal
Billy Quarantillo, DEC
Quarantillo será um adversário desafiador para Zalal enfrentar tendo apenas uma semana de preparação.

jefferson99
jefferson99

03.23.2024 | 12:28 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Pajuelo vs. Padilla
Fernando Padilla, DEC
Padilla é o striker mais técnico e pode usar sua envergadura para golpear à distância.

HydroThunder
HydroThunder
  • Predictions:  122  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 13

03.23.2024 | 12:33 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 2135th

Ribas vs. Namajunas
Rose Namajunas, SUB, R2
2017 Rose at 50% this isn't even a remotely competitive fight, 2022/2023 Rose loses. I hope she isn't just cracked

jefferson99
jefferson99

03.23.2024 | 12:49 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Ogden vs. Holobaugh
Trey Ogden, DEC
Embora Ogden não seja um wrestler avassalador - ostentando uma brilhante precisão de 16% de quedas no octógono -, ele está disposto e é capaz de continuar tentando derrubar várias vezes até que funcione.

Ramos vs. Erosa
Ricardo Ramos, TKO, R1
O queixo de Erosa parece ser a questão mais delicada.

Johns vs. Gibson
Miles Johns, DEC
O ritmo parece ser o fator decisivo aqui, e Johns tem um forte condicionamento físico.

Nguyen vs. Errens
Steven Nguyen, DEC
Volume de golpes e técnica na trocação levam Nguyen a uma vitória unilateral.

Rendon vs. Zheleznyakova
Darya Zheleznyakova, DEC
Zheleznyakova rasga Rendon na trocação conseguindo uma decisão dominante ou um nocaute violento.

Severino vs. Lima
André Lima, DEC
Lima parece ser o melhor striker.

Usman vs. Parkin
Mick Parkin, DEC
É muito mais provável que Parkin simplesmente encerre as quedas feias de Usman e use sua vantagem de tamanho para se manter no clinch.

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,702  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  153
  • Post Score: -1

03.23.2024 | 1:38 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 4440th

Quarantillo vs. Zalal
Billy Quarantillo, TKO, R1
Q goes out there with a purpose and tries to end this fast. Headkick misses but he times another perfectly mid combo ala Leon Edwards. Refs steps in before Q can out Zalal out cold.

Pajuelo vs. Padilla
Luis Pajuelo, DEC
Pajuelo by a razor close but clear uni 29-28x3. He really puts a stamp on the fight by standing in the middle and landing the more forceful shots.

Ogden vs. Holobaugh
Kurt Holobaugh, TKO, R1
Late round 1 stoppage. Holobaugh hits Ogden with a flying knee and a wild flurry that sends him all over the place. Ref steps in when Ogden drops to one knee.

Ramos vs. Erosa
Ricardo Ramos, SUB, R1
Ramos knocks him down and hops right on a guillotine and forces a tap that makes Erosa shake his head after.

Johns vs. Gibson
Cody Gibson, DEC
30-27, 29-28, 28-29 a split dec that had no business being one. A clear win for Cody, people want Johns to pull a late flurry and he refuses to.

Nguyen vs. Errens
Steven Nguyen, DEC
29-28x3 it gets scary a bit but Ninja does enough for a uni win.

Rendon vs. Zheleznyakova
Darya Zheleznyakova, TKO, R2
Brutal combo and vicious elbows in round 2.

Severino vs. Lima
Igor Severino, TKO, R2
The brawl favors Igor and thats what they get into, Hook counter to ground and pound near the cage.

Usman vs. Parkin
Mick Parkin, DEC
29-28x3 uni. Parkin executes his gameplan much more urgently & that pace pays off.

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,702  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  153
  • Post Score: -1

03.23.2024 | 1:55 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 4440th

Ribas vs. Namajunas
Amanda Ribas, TKO, R3
Late round 3 Ribas lands a highlight, and emphasis on highlight, reel head kick KO. After evading plenty of headkicks from Rose and getting caught with one, Ribas has the distance and timing down perfectly and she delivers a Out Cold KO headkick on Thug Rose.

Williams vs. Tafa
Karl Williams, TKO, R2
Alot of doubt going into this fight on the side of KW. The more experienced fighter also has a **** ton to lose here and thats Karl Williams. He goes out and dominates Tafa via clinchwork and ground and pound to solidify his roster spot in this division while Tafa gets props for stepping up.

Shahbazyan vs. Dobson
Edmen Shahbazyan, DEC
Split dec 30-27, 29-28. 28-29 dog fight.

Talbott vs. Saaiman
Cameron Saaiman, SUB, R2
Talbott is not ready for this fight. Saaiman goes out there and forces a methodical fight, Talbott bloodies him up in the process. But Saaiman times a beautiful front kick, and follows up with taunting shots from range, he gets Talbott down to the ground near cage and works until he can transition to his back. MSP sinks in an RNC.

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,272  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,579
  • Post Score: -56

03.23.2024 | 2:51 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2777th

I have a question for the forum... an important one..

If Jarno Errens wins... and he actually could...

Does this mean that JRey was a prophet all along? 

🤔 🤔 🤔 

"Positivity is a positive"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,240  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  722
  • Post Score: 258

03.23.2024 | 3:51 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1756th

reynolds will have to change his profile pic after errens loses. we made deal already.

if errens wins tartara will have vacation for one week. that's about it.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

IceOrc
IceOrc
  • Predictions:  3,969  |  73.5%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 106

03.23.2024 | 5:24 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 89th

Why make such a bad interface? Just to do it?
*****_swaggins
*****_swaggins
  • Predictions:  213  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  307
  • Post Score: 79

03.23.2024 | 6:25 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3834th

Ribas vs. Namajunas
Rose Namajunas, TKO, R3
Rose. Ribas eats too many shots

Williams vs. Tafa
Karl Williams, DEC
Williams via DEC. As MMA Guru said, I’m tired of these fat fcks at heavyweight

Shahbazyan vs. Dobson
Edmen Shahbazyan, DEC
Edmen , come on Golden Boy

Quarantillo vs. Zalal
Youssef Zalal, DEC
Zala , younger, hungrier. Billy Q looked so weird last fight, too much damage. Sorry Billy

Nguyen vs. Errens
Jarno Errens, DEC
Gotta go with Jrey on this one. Errens looked decent his last fight. Win one for Jrey Jarno please. Jrey is down $23.5k because of you

Usman vs. Parkin
Mohammed Usman, TKO
Usman via KO. Back on the juice and Mick is another hittable Fat fck. His last fight, dear lord, dude was getting lit up. I know Usman’s striking is ugly but if he lands one of those Juiced up overhand rights. Mick is going down

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Terrance McKinney vs. Esteban Ribovics - A post-fight interview is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Esteban Ribovics 37% Terrance McKinney 63%
  • Esteban "El Gringo" Ribovics (13-1-0) SA, AR is the #75th Top Lightweight MMA fighter.
  • Terrance "T.Wrecks" McKinney (15-7-0) TX, US is the #33rd Top Lightweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri