Tapology Forums

Recap of UFC on Fox 2 + Matches to be Made

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

01.29.2012 | 11:54 AM ET

http://crumxmma.tumblr.com/post/16688398403/matts-take-recapping-ufc-on-fox-evans-vs-davis. Let me know who you guys think should be next for each fighter!

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Responses

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.29.2012 | 11:58 AM ET

Nik Lentz shouldn't go against Paul Sass, bad call.

The rest seems alright.

"الله أكبرl"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.29.2012 | 12:02 PM ET

evans vs jones and evans opened up a +440 and i will take evans. evans wrestling dominated jones who was far more decorated in college than evans. but as they say mma wrestling is different than collegiate wrestling so i give evans a chance vs jones to take him down and control him for a couple of rounds and do damage. don't know if it will be enough for him to win. sonnen obviously takes on silva and i can't see andy losing in brazil b/c he will be pumped up like aldo was vs mendes. the record the past two ufc's in brazil is i think 11-2-1 for brazillians over other countries. maybe chael was playing possum. maybe he purposely just did barely enough to win vs bisping to give andy some tape to see where he is weak but i doubt it. IMHO.
jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

01.29.2012 | 12:08 PM ET

I love the way for some fighters its who they might fight next or cut......and then for Jacoby it's just "Cut" haha harsh

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Crumx7
Crumx7

01.29.2012 | 12:31 PM ET

Hey I couldn't realistically put him against someone after two losses in a row to middle-tier competition. I only put Sass against Lentz cause there really is much else to put him against. It would be interesting to see if Sass could submit him.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

01.29.2012 | 1:29 PM ET

Einemo - cut imo, unless Rothwell is still around then have those 2 fight and loser is cut
Russow - Browne/Griggs winner sounds good
Dunham - Pettis/JLau winner
Lentz - Guillard, both are coming off of back to back losses and if Lentz keeps up his current style this could be a FOTN
Weidman - Bisping, even though Weidman was gassed he was impressive due to the fact that he beat top MW in Maia on 11 days notice.
Maia - Palhares, cmon who doesnt want this?
Bisping - Weidman, Time for Bisping to prove he belongs in the top 10
Chael - Andy
Shad - Jones
Davis - Thiago Silva, I agree with you on that one
Swanson - I like your Hettes matchup
Roop - Pearson, Roop needs to prove that his striking is as good as advertised, would be an exciting fight
Oliveria - I completely agree with the Lamas matchup
Wisely - Give him one more shot because did anyone honestly expect him to win? Give him a match with someone else that is close to being cut
Michael Johnson - Nijem fight seems good to me
Roller - cut he has lost 3 straight and 4 of his last 6
Lavar - Barry or Miocic/De Fries winner
Beltran - cut
Camozzi - Dollaway sounds good
Jacoby - Cut

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.29.2012 | 1:34 PM ET

sad to see the mexicutioner get cut. he might get one more shot if he moves down to 205 which could be done. he has a bit of a jelly belly so he wieghed 226 last night? agree with most above me. i definitely like swanson vs hettes. could be great striking match but i think would be like neer// ludwig and hettes would eventually submit swanson.
wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

01.29.2012 | 1:59 PM ET

beltran should move down, he looked better lighter untill he got caught. loose the belly he'll make 205 easy.
im not saying he'll be at the top, but the guy goes out to put on a show and has a lot of heart, so id rather see him brawl on prelims than disappear.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.29.2012 | 1:59 PM ET

Jon Olav Einemo vs. Ben Rothwell is a good call, Evan Dunham vs. Pettis/J-Lau is not.

"الله أكبرl"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

01.29.2012 | 2:33 PM ET

Id say
Lentz vs Michael Johnson
Weidman vs Okami/Boetsch winner
Maia vs Palhares
I would have liked to see Roop vs Junior Assuncao if he were not cut.
I also wanna see Dunham vs Sherk 2.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

01.29.2012 | 2:40 PM ET

I was also thinking Weidman vs Okami/Boetsch winner but Idk if he would want to wait that long to get another fight

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Crumx7
Crumx7

01.29.2012 | 2:41 PM ET

Realistically if I wasn't being generous to the majority of the fighters.
Beltran - Cut
Einemo - Cut
Roller - Cut
But anything is possible, they have kept around guys after 2 losses.  Einemo was not impressive, and Beltran doesn't win.  You cannot be a gatekeeper if everyone convincingly runs through you.

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,791
  • Post Score: 180

01.29.2012 | 4:13 PM ET

Russow - Browne, Kongo, Bigfoot, or Nelson
Johnson - Barry, Hunt, or the Thompson/Jordan winner
Einemo - Oliveira, De Fries, or Morecraft
Beltran - Broughton or Thompson/Jordan loser
Cub - Zombie
Oliveira - Koch
Roop - Neace, Schilling, maybe even Phan but whoever it is it's a loser is cut match.
Wisely - Bass or Clopton
Dunham - Barboza, Volkmann, or Tibau
Michael Johnson - Madadi, Taylor, Cholish
Lentz - Danzig/Escudero loser in a cut match
Weidman - Belcher
Bisping - Cung Le
Maia - Okami/Boetsch loser
Camozzi - Natal
Davis - Forrest

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

SpiderGuard
SpiderGuard
  • Predictions:  1,914  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 174

01.29.2012 | 5:52 PM ET

Lavar Johnson vs Gonzaga
fglop
fglop
  • Predictions:  1,625  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,061
  • Post Score: 150

01.29.2012 | 8:53 PM ET

Lavar would get tapped in 2 minutes.
oldsalsa
oldsalsa
  • Predictions:  331  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 129

01.29.2012 | 9:40 PM ET

Beltran should get cut. Love the guy but he is only doing himself harm in the UFC. I like Davis/Silva, but I think Davis/Gustafsson 2 is going to have to happen sooner or later if either of them want a shot at the belt. Sonnen unfortunately deserves a title shot. Evans/Jones is pretty obvious. I'd prefer to see Evans/Henderson, but they will probably have Hendo fight the winner of Evans/Jones. Bisping/Munoz makes sense, although I'd prefer Bisping/Belfort. Maybe if Belfort and Bisping win their fights I'll get my wish.
kallousklown
kallousklown

01.29.2012 | 9:43 PM ET

I wanna see Beltran vs Morecraft

Crumx7
Crumx7

01.29.2012 | 11:12 PM ET

You WANT to see it? Or you think it would make sense.

kallousklown
kallousklown

01.29.2012 | 11:12 PM ET

Both

Heroak
Heroak
  • Predictions:  2,369  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,182
  • Post Score: 154

01.29.2012 | 11:49 PM ET

Maia was top 10. So anything other than top 10 should technically be a step down for Weidman. So im guessing Okami/Bisping/Stann/Palhares would be about right for his current ranking. I wouldnt be surprised if they gave him someone in the 15-20 range but after beating Maia he needs someone like the 4 I mentioned.

"Tell her I'm rich, and I'm good looking, and I have, uh, a ******'s wit."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Nursulton Ruziboev Has Big Plans
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Rips Alexandre Pantoja’s Performance At UFC 301, Names Who Could Beat ‘The Cannibal’
  • Bad Left Hook : Naoya Inoue greatness, Canelo, Yoshiki Takei and more: Weekend recap
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series: Archie Colgan wants return to finishing ways against Thibault Gouti in France
  • MMAFighting.com : New UFC 302 trailer sets up Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier lightweight clash
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Adrian Yanez Reflects On His Losses, Vows To Finish Or Dominate Vinicius Salvador In Their Upcoming Fight
  • MMA Mania : Brown Retires From UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier questions why Jose Aldo ever retired after UFC 301 performance: 'His speed was still there'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56: Make your predictions for Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • Middle Easy : Alexander Volkanovski Suggests 4th Fight With Max Holloway For BMF Title
  • UFC.com : Iron Summit: For The Lifelong Athletes
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Sean O'Malley shows clip of sparring footage with Alexandre Pantoja
  • MMA Mania : Fiery First Promo Drops For UFC 302
  • UFC.com : Cory Sandhagen Takes On Umar Nurmagomedov In Abu Dhabi On August 3
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique REPLAY: Jose Aldo's future, Jon Jones calls for Alex Pereira, latest in boxing, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Rankings Shakeup: Is Jose Aldo once again a top-5 bantamweight after UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique LIVE: Jose Aldo's future, Jon Jones calls for Alex Pereira, latest in boxing, more
  • MMA Junkie : 'Why not?': Benoit Saint Denis welcomes Dan Hooker next, calls Arman Tsarukyan dream fight at lightweight
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Feels Bad’ For Bruce Buffer, Accepts Alex Pereira’s $50K Challenge, Addresses Retirement Talks