Tapology Forums

Chael Sonnen Says Michael Bisping could beat Anderson Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

01.29.2012 | 11:04 AM ET

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Responses

ObeseBurnVictim
ObeseBurnVictim
  • Predictions:  670  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

01.29.2012 | 11:16 AM ET

If Chael and Anderson fight again, Chael is gonna get beat up and made a clown of by Anderson.
haven
haven
  • Predictions:  94,655  |  52.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,030
  • Post Score: 188

01.29.2012 | 11:18 AM ET

chael will fight anderson and ref will stop the fight

"i like mma and the tapology"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

01.29.2012 | 11:28 AM ET

I think Bisping could beat Anderson. Im a little bit torn between Chael/Anderson II.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.29.2012 | 12:09 PM ET

@MikeLovesTacos XD You're insane my friend, you're letting your love of Bisping cloud your judgement.

What's Anderson's weakness? Takedowns and unrelenting offense, the only way to beat Anderson Silva is to take him down, keep him down, and just keep punching him. You can't stand with Anderson because his striking is far and away the best in mixed martial arts history and you can't try to submit him unless you're Paul Harris or Demian Maia.

Bisping wins through picking his shots and using patience to catch the opponent. He's not a wrestler, he's not a strong hitter and his ground game is not to Anderson's level. There is absolutely no way Bisping wins this fight, I'd give Chris Leben a better chance, seriously.

"الله أكبرl"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.29.2012 | 12:25 PM ET

haven has been taking english classes. (rosetta stone)
oldsalsa
oldsalsa
  • Predictions:  331  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 129

01.29.2012 | 9:59 PM ET

Hey, anything can happen. Matt Serra KO'd GSP after all. That being said, I think Anderson gets serious with Chael and shows him what his knee looks like up close. I generally dislike Bisping, but his last few performances have really impressed me. I figured he'd fade after the Hendo fight, but getting his bell rung might have been good for him.
xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

01.29.2012 | 10:21 PM ET

Honestly, I don't think Chael said that out of hate for Silva. I have a feeling he was being really sincere.

I think Michael Bisping really could beat Silva. Especially if the fight took place in the UK.

Downvote this if you agree!

* Edited at 01.29.2012, 10:33 PM ET *

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.29.2012 | 10:37 PM ET

sonnen also said bisping hit him so hard he forgot the round. you really think he means it? i think he is already playing mind games with andy.
xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

01.29.2012 | 10:41 PM ET

I really DO think he meant it. Michael Bisping CAN pack a punch, as much as I hate to say that.

The guy comes in looking better every single fight. Even though I'm not a Bisping fan, I think he really does deserve a shot soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if he won.

Now please lemmings, downvote me because I insinuated that your messiah, Anderson Silva, could lose.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.29.2012 | 10:52 PM ET

i think bisping does hit  kinda hard and has looked better in just about every fight he has taken  but i think sonnen just did enough to win to give silva something to think about. meaning he only performed at the right amount of energy he thought he could get by. it was risky but he got the decision. sonnen is crazy like a fox. if the fight were anywhere else but in brazil i would take him.

* Edited at 01.29.2012, 10:54 PM ET *

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

01.29.2012 | 10:56 PM ET

I like you way you think. You notice he didn't bring the fight until the 3rd round?

Maybe your right, he'd give Silva a bit of reassurance (in his mind) that he could beat Sonnen. But really Sonnen went in at 1/2 power so that he could really surprise Silva.

I think it's obvious who I'm taking haha.

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

01.29.2012 | 11:33 PM ET

Lol @Mike  ahaha dude get real. You insult Sonnen for all the fake and crazy **** he says; now you make a thread because Sonnen complimented Bisping? Bisping has nothing to offer Silva.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

01.29.2012 | 11:47 PM ET

I really really hope Anderson comes in with the drive he used to gain the title. If he does, Sonnen's career will be over and we'll never have to hear ******** comments like this again.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Fatality
Fatality
  • Predictions:  1,982  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  476
  • Post Score: 268

01.30.2012 | 12:05 AM ET

Bisping can't outkickbox Silva and Bisping has no offensive ground game. Bisping has relatively no chance, but could perform better than most of Silva's opponents during a title shot.

Sonnen's just messing with Silva again.
darth_nanners
darth_nanners
  • Predictions:  2,440  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: 170

01.30.2012 | 12:17 AM ET

Anderson Silva will fall victim to the UFC: Undisputed curse, and lose his belt(its happened before). Think about the last two cover boys for the game, ok maybe Forest had already lost his belt when the first one came out but I figured I may as well start at least one crazy ass conspiracy theory in my life.

"insert random generic/inspirational message here."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Up Next! UFC St. Louis On ESPN!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘If not for Canelo I’m not going down to 168’: David Benavidez says only one fight brings him back to super middleweight
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (April 29-May 5)
  • MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: What’s next for free agent Jose Aldo after triumphant return at UFC 301?
  • MMA Mania : Inoue Survives Knockdown, Stops Nery In Six
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Mentally, I feel like the fight’s won’: Martin talks upcoming fight with Tank
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Disagrees with Merab Dvalishvili’s Claim of Title Bout at UFC 306 in Las Vegas
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski open to fourth Max Holloway fight now that he's BMF champion
  • Bad Left Hook : RANKINGS: Naoya Inoue and Canelo hold firm in top spots, more
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Brackets At IBJJF Geneva Open 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Dustin Poirier, Alexandre Pantoja, plus Dan Hardy, Veronica Hardy, and Paul Hughes all in studio at 1 p.m. ET
  • Middle Easy : MMA Community Reacts to Anthony Smith’s Submission Victory and Announcing Mishap at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Blew It’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56: How to watch Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento, start time, St. Louis fight card, odds, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Naoya Inoue vs. Luis Nery full fight video highlights
  • Bad Left Hook : KNOCKOUT! Naoya Inoue comes off canvas to brutalize Luis Nery
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: Dana White, Max Holloway, Sean O'Malley on red carpet for Tom Brady roast on Netflix
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dana White catches shots over UFC fighter pay, rips 'liberal f*cks' at Netflix during Tom Brady roast
  • MMA Mania : ‘Decisions, Decisions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Demetrious Johnson suggests UFC ‘don’t let flyweights main event’ after UFC 301