Tapology Forums

UFC ON FOX 2 LEAVES ME SO DEPRESSED!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,844  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

01.29.2012 | 3:19 AM ET

Yeah, Rashad won - but for the 12th time in 15 fights when facing opponents 6'0" or larger dating back to and including his fights on TUF 2, he didn't finish the fight (by contrast, he has finished both of the opponents under 6'0" he has faced over that same period). 

In addition, with Chael Sonnen's "moral defeat" against Michael Bisping, you can forget about Sonnen beating Anderson Silva this summer.  I don't care if Anderson Silva was turning 97 in April instead of the allegedly "cursed" age of 37; anyone who now thinks that Sonnen is going to beat AS on the latter's home field (as in soccer field?) ought to have their head examined. 

And to add insult to injury from my point of view - which is that Rashad must move down to middleweight (a very real possibility if Anderson Silva were to lose the title there) - Lyoto Machida is making loud noises about doing that; and if he does it, no way Rashad will, since that effectively removes Rashad's loss to Machida from Rashad's record, for the purposes of determining the 205-pound rankings. 

Rashad deserves a better fate than spending the rest of his career battling for second place at light heavyweight; but that is now precisely the fate for which he is headed, after the Jones-Evans fight proves to be a carbon copy of either the Johnny Bedford-Louis Gaudinot fight from the TUF 14 finale card, or the Anderson Silva-Forrest Griffin fight from UFC 101.

* Edited at 01.29.2012, 8:48 AM ET *

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

Responses Page 2

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

01.29.2012 | 2:23 PM ET

@wilflet Yeah, that's true. At that point the winner of Lauzon vs. Pettis is probably the best bet. If it's Pettis market it as the rematch of a FOTY winner. If it's Lauzon, he's on a streak against Guillard and the guy that beat Ben last.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

01.29.2012 | 2:34 PM ET

yeah that works, if frankie wins i dont see a problem with miller getting a shot with another win, and if diaz wins yeah 3-0 since return to lw, if timings work out give him the shot, if not how about diaz vs maynard 2?

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

screwby
screwby
  • Predictions:  86  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 136

01.29.2012 | 2:36 PM ET

So sure of Bens win... Hasn't anybody learned from underestimating Frankie Edgar?

"They gonna hate me or love me for the same reason..."

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

01.29.2012 | 2:50 PM ET

ADCC Maia needs to kill K1 Maia.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

GASTRONAUT
GASTRONAUT
  • Predictions:  5,582  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  946
  • Post Score: 191

01.29.2012 | 4:04 PM ET

I was also severely disappointed with last nights action.  And not just the fights either.  If i hadn't recorded it because I was at work, and been able to FFW through ALL THE ******* COMMERCIALS, i probably wouldn't have watched it except for the main fights.  I couldn't believe they were going to commercials in between rounds.  I understand they were free and they need to advertise to make their money, but that was ********.  And if I did have to watch it live, and sit through the commercials, I would have been even moe dissappointed when NONE of the fights on the main card delivered.   Would anyone else agree that was the worst card of 2012 so far? 

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Fight-By-Fight Preview | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series: Make your predictions for bantamweight title fight in Paris
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational Rules and Scoring
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Claims ‘The Ship Has Sailed’ on Ian Garry Fight, Calls Out Charles Oliveira and Belal Muhammad
  • MMA Mania : A ‘Smashing’ Debut!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books 'Korean Super Boy' Doo Ho Choi return vs. Bill Algeo
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo has ‘several offers on the table’ after UFC 301 win but won’t make decision until hearing UFC offer
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video at 5:30 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis medical suspensions: 2 fighters face indefinite layoffs until cleared
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Aldo, Till, Hooper, Feldman, and Johnson now
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champ Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring The Rock
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Colby Covington says ship sailed on Ian Machado Garry fight, wants Belal Muhammad or Charles Oliveira instead
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 medical suspensions: Nine fighters headed to shelf after St. Louis return
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241: Make your predictions for Edson Barboza vs. Lerone Murphy
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Covington Calls For ‘Legacy’ Fight Against Oliveira
  • UFC.com : Lerone Murphy Primed To Test Himself
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 13, 2024 - May 19, 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Lerone Murphy: UFC Fight Night 241 headliner vs. Edson Barboza 'a fraud check' for me