Topic: Jones vs. Evans

Jones vs. Evans

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,621  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

01.28.2012 | 10:28 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Jones vs. Evans. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 13

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.21.2012 | 12:37 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@Mike: Based on what? The fact that he TKO'd a near retired Ortiz or that he KO'd Liddell at a time when a close coversation could KO Liddell many years ago?

Just like Miguel Torres and GSP after their KO losses they changed the way they fight. Evans doesn't fight to KO, he fights to stall his opponents's offense by attempting TDs. The reason why he has the most TDs in the LHW division is because that is 90% of his game. Think about it, he is only successful with 55% of his TDs!!! That means that there is another 45% of him trying, eating up the clock. He's not a fighter, he's a clock eater and he should go be in the NFL.

You are an emotional Jones hater and THAT is why you are picking Evans to win, and not based on ANYTHING remotely factual. Just be honest, bro.

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

04.21.2012 | 12:49 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

I just dont see any way Rashad can win this fight. TKO, submission, boring decision, none of that. I will say this, Rashad will have a "ok" round 1. If he doesnt get finished then, Bones(Greg Jackson) will adjust like he did with Machida, and get the finish in the 2nd, maybe 3rd round.

"3HUNNA"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

04.21.2012 | 12:58 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Evans   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Evans has fought many world champions and finished them ... Just give the guy respect.

People make Jones sound invincible, havent you learnt **** from MMA. Goddam.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

04.21.2012 | 12:59 PM ET

Actually like 10% of me picking him is due to hating Jones, another 10% is due to me liking Evans. The other 80 is all factual.

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.21.2012 | 1:03 PM ET

Well, beyond the Tito fight, Rashad just hasn't looked good outside of the 2nd round.  Thiago nearly finished him.. Rampage damn near KO'd him .. I agree with you that Rashad has a ton of skill and talent, but if this thing goes to the 3rd and Rashad isn't all there... it's over.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.21.2012 | 1:11 PM ET

I see Rashad winning the first round and scoring a takedown and then Jon Jones realizing that he's gotta go from "Sexual Chocolate" to "Bones" and then toys with Rashad for the 2nd and 3rd rounds with his striking, finishing him in the end of the 3rd.

"الله أكبرl"

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.21.2012 | 1:24 PM ET

OK, 80% factual? Who are the world champs Rashad has finished then?

Sean Salmon? Hahaha. He's lost his last NINE fights, FIVE by KO.

Forest Griffin? The guy is 2-3 in his last five with two decisions and THREE KO losses!

Chuck Liddell? In his last six fights he went 1-5 with FOUR KO losses and a decision loss to Keith "the easiest guy OTHER than Chuck Liddell to KO these days" Jardine.

Evans fought guys at the right time, that is all. Jones would have finished all those guys at the top of their games. Evans is a witty punchline, but he's still a joke.

* Edited at 04.21.2012, 1:31 PM ET *

Klobberbot
Klobberbot
  • Predictions:  835  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  35
  • Post Score: 37

04.21.2012 | 1:26 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 5  

I feel like Evans has a real shot early, but the longer it goes the more likely Jones will begin to impose himself.

"I feel nothing" - Fedor

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

04.21.2012 | 1:27 PM ET

Griffin
Ortiz
Liddell

Jones and Evans have both finished some world champs, so why is Evans being so overlooked here?

Better record. More experience. Hes just a great fighter, I dont see why Jones is getting all the credit here.

jackhos
jackhos
  • Predictions:  2,655  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 40

04.21.2012 | 1:36 PM ET

rashad is very strong and technical, he is also great at gameplanning. i see him coming out like he did against rampage and after fainting for a while and dodging jones strikes, faking a takedown and landing a HUGE punch. from this point on jones will be rashads ***** and get picked apart. after getting dropped, every time rashad lands cleanly or rocks jones he will switch up from swarming on him like tito or double-legging him and beating him up on the ground. around the 3rd or 4th if jones is not done then rashad will take it easy and finish the fight like he did against phil-davis, just dominating him in every way

"michael bisping is a *****"

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.21.2012 | 1:38 PM ET

@ Mike: I already addressed why the other two are meaningless, but you make a great point with Tito. Let's take a look at his career.

Back to back losses to Randy and Chuck, ass beat in both match ups. Then he decisioned a guy coming up from 185, followed by two split decisions and two wins over Ken Shamrock. So far REALLY impressive!

Another KO loss to Liddell, then a draw with Evans (which he actually won, I will give him that), THREE losses in a row, then a sub over Bader who had just been subbed in his last fight and was looking for a gimme fight, oops, followed by two TKO losses.

You are NOT making a case, here, my friend. Admit it, its 0% factual, and 100% haterade bias.

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.21.2012 | 1:38 PM ET

Mike, I am seriously thinking you just got into MMA in the last four weeks.

* Edited at 04.21.2012, 1:39 PM ET *

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.21.2012 | 1:43 PM ET

Y'all can down my posts all you want, it doesn't stop the FACTS that I listed from being true and it won't stop Jones from embarassing Evans tonight. What will all you haters say tomorrow?
Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

04.21.2012 | 1:49 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Be careful Judo, because if Evans wins now, it will be REALLY embarrassing. 

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

kibj411
kibj411

04.21.2012 | 1:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

I really, really want Evans to pull this one off. I just don't see it.

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

04.21.2012 | 1:53 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

I REALLY REALLY want it to be a good fight. It's been so hyped up that if a fighter loses to a cut in the first minute I will literally kill someone.

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.21.2012 | 2:01 PM ET

@JudoRandori It's fine if you argue with Mike about the reasons why you disagree with his pick. But can you stop being a condescending prick about it?

Everyone has their opinions, just 'cause he disagrees with you doesn't make him less of an MMA fan.

Even then, you're omitting huge facts about those fighters. Just 'cause you name the bad moments doesn't mean there aren't good moments in their career. Did you forget to mention that Rashad KO-ed Chuck after the Wanderlei fight, when Chuck came off a KO loss to Rampage and a SPLIT-DECISION LOSS to Keith Jardine? He was 8 months removed of his LHW title.

Or how about Forrest Griffin? He has 3 KO losses to ANDERSON FREAKING SILVA, SHOGUN FREAKING RUA and the aforementioned Rashad Evans. He's beaten Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson, Rich Franklin and Tito Ortiz. The man's a legend, and Rashad KOed him.

I agree that Jones is going to dominate Rashad tonight, but stop dismissing Rashad as some no-talent ******. Because he's not. He's a legend and one of the most underrated fighters in MMA history. He's a living legend and Jones should be honored to fight him, much like how he was honored to fight Shogun or Rampage or Lyoto.

"الله أكبرl"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

04.21.2012 | 2:10 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Easy does it. Tonight the fight will happen and that will be that.

"I live, I die, I live again."

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.21.2012 | 2:47 PM ET

If Evans wins my ego will be the last thing I will be concerned about.
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.21.2012 | 2:49 PM ET

Anik: It isn't that he disagrees with me, its that he's masking emotion as fact and that bothers me. Why? I don't care for guys that make picks based on what they WANT to happen and pretend there is some basis for it, there clearly is not.

As to whether or not I will stop being a prick, calliing me one is probably not the way to get that to happen. Study a bit of psychology before you open your idiotic mouth.

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Petrino Vs. Smith Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 pre-event facts: Jose Aldo still holds records after retirement layoff
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Mania : Video: Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Junkie : Video: HyunSung Park out of UFC 302 after accident in gym leads to knee ligament rupture
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ilia Topuria has ‘no doubt’ he’ll be ‘highest-paid athlete in the world’ in 2025
  • MMA Mania : New Owner McGregor ‘Has A Lot Of Say’ In BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Meet BKFC’s Not-Silent Minority Owner
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Benoit Saint Denis And Marc Diakiese Headline The Grappling Main Event
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card, Rumors
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card For ‘Jackson vs. Kuramagomedov’
  • Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler