Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Dolidze vs. Imavov

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,315
  • Post Score: 47

10.31.2023 | 1:48 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 02.03.2024 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC Apex
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Laura Sanko, Daniel Cormier, Charly Arnolt
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Nassourdine Imavov   defeats   Roman Dolidze   via Decision, Majority   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Drew Dober   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Randy Brown   defeats   Muslim Salikhov   via KO/TKO, Straight Right   3:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Natália Silva   defeats   Viviane Araujo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Aliaskhab Khizriev   vs.   Makhmud Muradov   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Eye Poke to Muradov   0:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Charles Radtke   defeats   Gilbert Urbina   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Molly McCann   defeats   Diana Belbiţă   via Submission, Armbar   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Charles Johnson   defeats   Azat Maksum   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Themba Gorimbo   defeats   Pete Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right and Ground Punches   0:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jeong Yeong Lee   defeats   Blake Bilder   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Luana Carolina   defeats   Julija Stoliarenko   via KO/TKO, Punches From Crucifix   4:52 Round 3 of 3, 14:52 Total Bout Page
MarQuel Mederos   defeats   Landon Quiñones   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamal Pogues   defeats   Thomas Petersen   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 13

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  847  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  572
  • Post Score: 63

01.30.2024 | 1:24 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1247th

@CrimsonChinGuru 
wdym everyone is acting like she's trash cause tbh she's pretty trash

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

JPdachamp27
JPdachamp27
  • Predictions:  5,877  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  94
  • Post Score: 552

01.30.2024 | 3:51 PM ET

Money Moicano Time

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1120th

https://youtube.com/shorts/IOsWa-8adkA?si=ipQvPaV4RRLX6HMk

* Edited at 01.30.2024, 3:51 PM ET *

"To be honest with you, getting knocked out isn't that bad. It's not what everybody makes it out to be." -"Wonderboy"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,163  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,629
  • Post Score: 108

01.30.2024 | 5:33 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 793rd

@dianabanana 

400+ ppl should not be picking Belbita. That's my point

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,824  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

01.30.2024 | 10:51 PM ET

UFC Vegas 85 Full Card Breakdown

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 4034th

Join me live in the chat now or watch it on the replay, in depth breakdowns of the stats and tape study notes for all the fights!

https://youtube.com/live/5PnjwK03K1k

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

STOMPZ
STOMPZ
  • Predictions:  1,174  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  90
  • Post Score: 58

01.30.2024 | 11:56 PM ET

Landon by dec

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2657th

Mederos I chose him against Isakov, I enjoyed that knock, now he has a difficult debut, Landon has that dog inside and needs a victory now, woo I'm with Landon this time, I think that dog will come out to fight
STOMPZ
STOMPZ
  • Predictions:  1,174  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  90
  • Post Score: 58

01.31.2024 | 12:02 AM ET

Imavov by dec

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2657th

Imavov will beat Dolidze, after 5 rounds it seems to me that he fits better, against Strickland in round 4 he grew and added more volume, it is as if he will improve with the passing of the minutes, nothing more to say
BlackBeardBets
BlackBeardBets
  • Predictions:  257  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 25

01.31.2024 | 12:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 4542nd

Dolidze vs. Imavov
Roman Dolidze, DEC
I see Dolidze being able to put Imavov on the back foot, land the bigger shots, and win the clinch exchanges. Imavov has better striking at distance, and probably has better wrestling as well. But the power advantage, pressure, and world class jitz from Dolidze will nullify the advantages that Imavov has.

Moicano vs. Dober
Drew Dober, TKO, R1
If Moicano was a a better wrestler, I might pick him here. But his TDs really are not all that great. I see Dober being able to land the big bomb on the feet.

Brown vs. Salikhov
Randy Brown, DEC
I think this fight will be very entertaining, I am going with Brown because of the length and youth.

Araujo vs. Silva
Viviane Araujo, DEC
If Araujo can pressure Silva and make this fight ugly, I believe she has a chance to get the upset.

Khizriev vs. Muradov
Aliaskhab Khizriev, SUB, R2
Fat Khabib can get the TDs

Urbina vs. Radtke
Gilbert Urbina, TKO, R2
Urbina is better everywhere IMO

McCann vs. Belbiţă
Molly McCann, DEC
Belbita is one of the worst WMMA fighters on the roster

Johnson vs. Maksum
Azat Maksum, DEC
I think Maksum is better everywhere, not just grappling.

Gorimbo vs. Rodriguez
Pete Rodriguez, TKO, R1
Gorimbo is good, but he is very hittable. Pete actually has some very good anti-wrestling striking, knees and uppercuts. I think Pete gets the upset here.

Bilder vs. Lee
Jeong Yeong Lee, DEC
Bilder is not UFC level IMO, Lee should have lost his last fight but Zha Yi is very good.

Stoliarenko vs. Carolina
Julija Stoliarenko, SUB, R2
Stoliarenko is a new fighter at this weight class, her physicality showed in her last fight against McCann.

Mederos vs. Quiñones
Landon Quiñones, DEC
If this fight stays on the feet, I favor Quinones.

Petersen vs. Pogues
Thomas Petersen, DEC
Petersen is a big boy with great wrestling and power in his hands, I think he will be able to impose his will in this fight.

ArSouz77
ArSouz77
  • Predictions:  101  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: -100

01.31.2024 | 7:29 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 4613th

McCann vs. Belbiţă
Molly McCann
80%

Gorimbo vs. Rodriguez
Themba Gorimbo
60%

Ash98
Ash98
  • Predictions:  248  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  102
  • Post Score: 43

01.31.2024 | 9:14 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 4613th

Dolidze vs. Imavov
Nassourdine Imavov, DEC
I see a sub potential, but I'll go with DEC

Brown vs. Salikhov
Muslim Salikhov, TKO, R3
A late KO

McCann vs. Belbiţă
Diana Belbiţă, DEC
Woman MMA is bassicly 2 things, 9/10 over 2.5 rounds and 2 ****** fighters, pick the underdog and you'll win 9 out of 10 times. This logic will be implied here.

Johnson vs. Maksum
Azat Maksum, DEC
Only way Maksum loses is by a shady DEC win in favor of Johnson just like the Zhalgas fight that was a robbery in my favor

"G.O.A.T.S. come and go, but B.O.A.T.S. stay afloat. I'm the B.O.A.T."

Ash98
Ash98
  • Predictions:  248  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  102
  • Post Score: 43

01.31.2024 | 9:42 AM ET

This weeks BETS + recap

Predictions: 3 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 4613th

Last card was horrible, I did say early I'd put a unit on Patterson but in the end didn't go through with it....
My lock was Jourdain and yeah that was dissapointing...
oh and by the way it's 2024 and the Drake curse is still live for ****'s sake...
Lost all my money, would've half the losses if either I only single betted Movsar or didn't back off betting Patterson but hey atleast I know I was very close ...

1-1-0 on my Lock picks
1-1-0 on my Main event picks...

This week is simple earn back the money we lost: so this weeks lock is simple, this weeks Main event: IMAVOV

I don't like to make a habit of picking main event favorites, but this card is sketchy the only other logical lock would be Thembo or Maksum but yeah no, definitly not solid fighters to be recgonised as locks, gotta be more then decent to pass as my lock, thus me picking this weeks Main Event. Dolidze made me tons of money ever since he fought Daukus and people called me an idiot for picking him aggainst Daukus so I'll never not point that out. But he's like pretty one dimensional, pressure, scramble, TD and go for a quick subb, if he fails, get up quickly and repeat. Although he was different aggainst Vetorri, Vetorri showed how to beat Dolidze that still will be a problem even when not if he losses to Imavov.7

He'd win aggainst DDP and I'm not backing down from this statement nor can I recgonise him as a Champ, If DDP fought him before getting a shot at Sean he'd lose, DDP isn't Champ material despite claiming the crown I know... I backed Sean 7 aggainst 10 to win from DDP and when I saw Drake bet him that quickly descended to 4/10 LMFAO. Will need to back this statement in a seperate post. But Imavov has the tools to beat Dolidze, height, solid grappling, solid - annoying - striking mixing with height etc....Normally the first round will be a though one for Imavov and will need to survive using his skillset to the fullest, from R2 he will normally have the lead evrywhere winning 4-1 rounds to a pretty safe UN /DEC. I know kinda a big thing to say but I just can't shake of the thought where it will be the same as Buckley fight. Boring, volume striking where he just chases the points after a shaky first round. So this pick is based on the vetorri and Buckley fight.

I do wonder if Dolidze will hold up to 5 and maybe Imavov wins by a late sub, that kinda bugs me too though....

This weeks Lock: Imavov ML

Main Parlay: Imavov - Maksum for like +135

Single bet Imavov DEC for like +305 

Parlay 2:  Imavov - Maksum adding Thembo for +225

Hail Mary: Imavov - Maksum - Thembo -  Belbita - Blider /Lee over 1.5 - Khizriev over 1.5 - Moicano/Dober STart R2 for +3000

* Edited at 01.31.2024, 9:49 AM ET *

"G.O.A.T.S. come and go, but B.O.A.T.S. stay afloat. I'm the B.O.A.T."

Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,256  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

01.31.2024 | 10:53 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1120th

Gorimbo vs. Rodriguez
Pete Rodriguez, TKO, R1
themba is trash has long ass reach doesnt use it pete rod gonna hit themba with a hard shot

Bilder vs. Lee
Blake Bilder, DEC
i dont really like bilders skills at all but lee is young and explosive i can see him blowing his tank and getting out grappled

Stoliarenko vs. Carolina
Julija Stoliarenko, SUB, R1
well julija is alot like rousey but more of a weight bully luana is one of the most boring fighters ive seen im convinced shes only in the ufc because of the brazillian fanbase Julija hits the judo throw and armbar

Petersen vs. Pogues
Thomas Petersen, TKO, R1
pogues is in the ufc to be another body to an empty heavyweight division idk if thomas petersen is good but hes a finisher and thats what the ufc wants to see from heavyweights

"Too much wine "

pashaboyer
pashaboyer
  • Predictions:  168  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: -4

01.31.2024 | 1:09 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3537th

@AyyLmaonnaise 
I do believe that Moicano has been hit by hard hitters, and survived. You have a great point here, Also, may I remind you that Moicano here definitely has the higher IQ here. Also, I went and looked at your pick. Although, I do understand why you’re picking Imavov , because he’s a better rounded fighter, however he has proven he can be taken down multiple times over and over, and lose a Dec. that’s the path to victory here for Dolidze. I don’t see any reason, UFC would give another fight Dolidze “should” absolutely lose. In my opinion, they are probably pushing Dolidze further in the UFC comparing to Imavov. That’s my take on it. Dolidze by Dec. expect an upset. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,264  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,344
  • Post Score: 89

01.31.2024 | 2:08 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2024th

That’s a fair point, imavovs wrestling has been an issue in the past. However, Imavov has (finally) left the mma factory so maybe he is working on improving the wrestling (he’s already made adjustments in his last couple). I also think for as good of a grappler as doldize is, his wrestling is not very good at all; he has only attempted ONE takedown in the last three years, all his other wins by grappling were due to opponents shooting takedowns on him. I think imavov is high iq enough to not shoot a takedown as he has a big advantage on the feet. Roman has some crazy power but he’s not technical at all. He just swings wild haymakers until something lands. He can definitely land on imavov but it’s not going to be easy. The reason he did so well against Vettori was because Vettori stood directly in front of him and went chin for chin. We’ve seen guys like hermansson really just outclass doldize on the feet by simply not engaging in his brawling. Imavov is much faster, has way better footwork, and much more diverse striking, utilizing his kicks, knees, and elbows where doldize is all hands & only throws hooks to the head. I can definitely see why people are on doldixe but I think he’s gonna have a lot of trouble getting this down and he is definitely outmatched in the standup 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

pashaboyer
pashaboyer

01.31.2024 | 3:18 PM ET

Agree he’s definitely outmatched in the stand up. If he wants to beat Imavov he will have to shoot for take downs here. I’d expect him to definitely think it will be easier to take Imavov down. I personally don’t see Imavov finishing him here. Dolidze probably has a higher chance of finishing here. Since Imvavov has shown he can be submitted. The odds are very strange, Bovada odds favor the fight does not go to distance. So what’s odd to me is, who are they favoring here to finish? Imvavov? Makes no sense. I definitely think if Imavov wins here, it’s a Dec. Don’t see a Ko or TKO at all by him. Could just be a beat down on points like you mentioned.
pashaboyer
pashaboyer

01.31.2024 | 3:27 PM ET

So everyone is fading Pogue here. I’m personally not sold on Petersen here. He’s small for the weight class. I see some wild bets, finishing Pogue. ko/sub. First he’s gonna take Pogue down. If anything, id be more worried about Petersens chin here , and if he doesn’t take Pogue down successfully, and keeps him down. I think he will get in trouble. Petersen gets hit, from watching his tape he definitely gets hit. I can see Pogue actually letting his hands go, this fight. He got too, probably got his career on the line here. Just not too hyped on Petersen. Not convinced he’s just gonna run through Pogue. Even though, it’s hard to trust him. He’s been shy with his strikes. I think Petersen is the bigger bum here personally. Odds should not be that wide. 
BlackBeardBets
BlackBeardBets
  • Predictions:  257  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 25

01.31.2024 | 3:28 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 4542nd

@AyyLmaonnaise 
he did not leave MMA factory, he just trains at multiple places 
pashaboyer
pashaboyer

01.31.2024 | 3:31 PM ET

I hope Rodriguez flat lines Gorimbo here. Again, don’t understand lines being so wide here. His striking is absolutely horrible. And we haven’t seen Pete’s wrestling that much. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,264  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,344
  • Post Score: 89

01.31.2024 | 4:00 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2024th

@blackbeard multiple people on French Twitter have said he doesn’t train there anymore 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  847  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  572
  • Post Score: 63

01.31.2024 | 4:23 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1247th

@CrimsonChinGuru 
Well she's trash but she's gonna win

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

Shhygotpicks
Shhygotpicks
  • Predictions:  560  |  70.7%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 40

01.31.2024 | 4:40 PM ET

@pashaboyer 
-31% on Pogues, meaning he went from +220 ML to a +140 ML. A LOT of money is coming in on Pogues, suggesting your not alone in your assumption. Tough because Peterson's only L is Waldo Cortez Acosta, but faced absolute cans right after (3-7 Kory Moegenburk & 6-6 Richard Foster) I see this going anyway so there's reason to think Pogues especially at plus money, but personally will probably take Peterson on my Tapology. 

"I'm an open book, but did you read me?" - Shhy

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Says Alex Pereira Should Be In GOAT Conversation If He Wins Heavyweight Title
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Veteran Mansher Khera Moves To 8-0 In MMA Career At Fury FC 90
  • MMA Junkie : PFL announces dates, locations for 2024 playoff events
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video
  • Middle Easy : Joaquin Buckley Admits He Called Out Conor McGregor To ‘Promote’ Himself, Names Gilbert Burns As ‘Realistic’ Opponent
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241: How to watch Edson Barboza vs. Lerone Murphy, start time, Las Vegas fight card, odds, more
  • MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: Matches to make after UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Allows Derrick Lewis And Other UFC Fighters To Join WWE, Rips Vince McMahon
  • MMA Junkie : Video: John Fury bloodied from head butt to Oleksandr Usyk team member ahead of Tyson Fury's title unifier
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I want to fight the very best fighter’: Crowley hopes to see best version of Ennis, July 13
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I want to fight the very best fighter’: Cody Crowley hopes to see best version of Jaron Ennis
  • MMA Mania : Potieria Files Appeal Against ‘Cool Somersault’
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (May 6-May 12)
  • MMA Mania : Gane Will Carry Olympic Torch Ahead Of Summer Games
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch John Fury left bloodied after headbutting Oleksandr Usyk team member
  • Bad Left Hook : John Fury headbutts Team Usyk member, busts self open
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Something I’ve never done’: Fury say undisputed just icing on the cake
  • MMAFighting.com : Ihor Potieria files appeal following UFC 301 loss to Michel Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: Waldo Cortes-Acosta's win over Robelis Despaigne 'sh*ttiest fight of the night' at UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Mania : No ‘McHoe’ For Buckley