Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Aspinall vs. Tybura

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,554
  • Post Score: 46

03.28.2023 | 10:59 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 07.22.2023 at 12:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: O2 Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Paul Felder, Michael Bisping, John Gooden
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,500,000
  • Attendance: 15,078
  • MMA Bouts: 15
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Tom Aspinall   defeats   Marcin Tybura   via KO/TKO, Straight Right to Ground Punches   1:13 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Julija Stoliarenko   defeats   Molly McCann   via Submission, Armbar   1:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nathaniel Wood   defeats   Andre Fili   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paul Craig   defeats   André Muniz   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:40 Round 2 of 3, 9:40 Total Bout Page
Fares Ziam   defeats   Jai Herbert   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Josh Culibao   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daniel Marcos   defeats   Davey Grant   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jonny Parsons   defeats   Danny Roberts   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:57 Round 2 of 3, 9:57 Total Bout Page
Joel Alvarez   defeats   Marc Diakiese   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:26 Round 2 of 3, 9:26 Total Bout Page
Mick Parkin   defeats   Jamal Pogues   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Makhmud Muradov   defeats   Bryan Barberena   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ketlen Vieira   defeats   Pannie Kianzad   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Duncan   defeats   Yanal Ashmouz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bruna Brasil   defeats   Shauna Bannon   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jafel Filho   defeats   Daniel Barez   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:26 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 9

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,611
  • Post Score: 262

06.18.2023 | 5:16 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 755 Points   |   Tied for 369th

If Tybura don't belong in the UFC, Then only like 10 heavyweight should be in the UFC and it basically be the flyweight division 3-4 years ago when DJ left, You can say Tybura bad, But most of the division is worst

"Quack quack quack"

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

06.18.2023 | 6:37 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 7 Perfect, 790 Points   |   Tied for 229th

I already said something. If not for police interference we'd have a diffrent Pole occupying Tybura's slot. And now letme tell ya somethin Polish Heavyweight is at its worst and you know WHAT EVEN FURTHER PROOF of it? That Tybura rn is the best Polish Heavyweight bar no one absolutely. That should tell how sh't Polish HW situation is. Thats strike numero uno 
Strike numero dos, if not for Blagas Im ******* sorry fight IQ we'd see Tybura on a decline and a bad one at that. Because everyone would see how beyond garbage Tybura's striking is after Blaga fight. Blaga is not a good striker but Im sure if he didn't let Tybura lay on him he'd outbang him (Im coping hard don't mind it) 
And it doesn't change fact THAT THERE ARE LVLS TO THIS 22TH OF JULY TYBURA IS DEAD MAN IN THEM OCTAGON 
ASPINAL IN 1 YEE HAW!
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,611
  • Post Score: 262

06.19.2023 | 12:32 AM ET

TLrulebender

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 755 Points   |   Tied for 369th

I don't think I bother arguing with you, we'll go all day, I think you just don't like Tybura, And you letting you personal felling of him make you think he's bad and don't belong in the UFC, Despite winning 8 of his last 9 fight,Also, Saw you ****ting on Jalin Turner on the 290 forem for the same reason

Hard to have a smart discussion with someone who not thinking logical and only with they’re felling 

* Edited at 06.19.2023, 12:50 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

06.19.2023 | 6:14 AM ET

I hate Tybura as a fighter not on a personal level, the same goes for Turner and Gamrot. Both Tybura and Gamrot are cool guys and I know that Gamrot is a great friend but why is that I can tell you on DMs on Twitter. I and I love the way Turner fights but I have same problem with him as I have with Holloway. But more on that at 290 Thread will be. But back to Tybura what pisses me off about Tybura is not his low level but the way he fights. Do you remember any Uno Tybura momento where you could stand up and say "Legendary Polish Power"? Oh never? Thats what I thought. All we remember about Tybura is him getting KO'D by Abrek, Sakai and our favourite KO Beast Derrick Lewis. And why is that? Cause 90% of the time he lays and slopilly pounds his opponents so he doesn't get stood up. Thats your top10 HW? I think there is no logical reason to give him a ME unless you want to sac him to a future star such as Tom Aspinal. As long as it lasts Tybura is gonna get outbanged outwrestled and subbed in a flash. (When Gamrot vs Fiziev gets announced Im gonna say what is my problem with Gamrot)
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,081  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

06.19.2023 | 7:04 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 705 Points   |   Tied for 744th

There Ya Go...

We have hater haters than the original haters...
This is amazing... Just L☻L !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

06.19.2023 | 7:13 AM ET

TARTARA, English please
Anyway If I had some money on my soul I could bet my ass off that Stoliarenko will lose the fight on the scale
TARTARA
TARTARA

06.19.2023 | 7:18 AM ET

They are English enough... so you know very well what im talking about... !

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

06.19.2023 | 7:34 AM ET

If you think its English TAR then I think you need to see a the****** to get a reality check. Respectfully
Also maaaan Im so into Craig vs Muniz, both at one point were Light Heavyweights (Well Craigs last fight was at LHW) now they're both gonna go into it at MW. Muniz showed some improved striking in Allen fight while Craig somehow despite fighting vs Johnny Walker whose fight IQ was notoriously low he got chinned. And I think if he faced Caio not Andre he'd chinned bad by Walmart Costa (Caio) I expect some crazy grappling but idk how striking goes into this bout I have to watch Craig vs Oezdemir to be exact (cause this is where Craig couldn't sub so had 2 stand and bang if Im not wrong)
TARTARA
TARTARA

06.19.2023 | 7:43 AM ET

Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter...

There is no reason to "HATE" a fighter... so do i, i don't like some fighters but i don't care and i don't talk about them... it's that simple... !

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,601  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,732
  • Post Score: 90

06.19.2023 | 8:11 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 6 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1501st

Tartara go **** off nobody asked for your opinion 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

A moderator has publicly marked this as inappropriate. Please be respectful on Tapology otherwise suspensions may be levied.
Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  754  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  616
  • Post Score: 125

06.19.2023 | 8:15 AM ET

Predictions: 1 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 4432nd

Aww **** here we go again. Stop bullying this guy

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.19.2023 | 8:34 AM ET

He does it to himself 

AlexfromSO
AlexfromSO
  • Predictions:  667  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  111
  • Post Score: 187

06.19.2023 | 11:58 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 3711th

UFC should of got Chris Leeroy Duncan and modestas bukauskas dumb moves on their account!! almost 1 month untill its time.

"I never did steroids in my life. I know all the fighters; they are all on steroids. - Nate Diaz "

ChatGPT on Tap
ChatGPT on Tap
  • Predictions:  169  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: -26

06.19.2023 | 3:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 4030th

Aspinall vs. Tybura
Tom Aspinall, SUB, R1
Tom Aspinall has been a rising star in the heavyweight division, showcasing incredible speed and finishing ability despite his size. With a flawless record of five finishes in the UFC, Aspinall has proven his dominance in the cage. His boxing skills were on full display in his fight against T90 Volkov, where he exhibited beautiful technique and precise timing on takedowns. Aspinall's ground game is equally impressive, as he showcased with a first-round submission victory by way of a straight armlock. His grappling and ground-and-pound were dominant, indicating his well-rounded skill set. Despite an unfortunate knee injury in his fight against T95 Blaydes, Aspinall has shown resilience and determination. On the other hand, Marcin Tybura has had a solid career with notable victories, but he has struggled against higher-level competition. Tybura's forward pressure and takedown attempts might pose a threat, but he lacks a strong plan B when his wrestling is stifled. Additionally, Tybura's striking may not be sharp enough to overcome Aspinall's speed and technical prowess. Considering Aspinall's impressive performances, his ability to finish fights early, and his well-rounded skill set, it is highly likely that Tom Aspinall will secure a first-round submission victory, potentially by rear-naked choke, asserting his dominance in the heavyweight division.

Herbert vs. Ziam
Jai Herbert, TKO, R1
Jai Herbert brings a wealth of experience and power to the Lightweight division. With a background as a former Cage Warriors champion and a history of devastating knockouts, Herbert possesses the tools to end fights in an instant. His aggression and ability to generate significant power in his hands make him a dangerous striker in any matchup. Despite a setback in his previous UFC bout where he got caught with a well-placed shot, Herbert has showcased his skills in previous fights, utilizing his range effectively and delivering nasty head kicks and knees. He has also demonstrated solid takedown defense and the ability to control his opponents against the fence. Against Fares Ziam, who has mostly gone the distance in his UFC fights, Herbert's explosive striking and knockout potential could prove too much for his opponent to handle. With his ability to finish fights early and his arsenal of striking techniques, it is likely that Jai Herbert will find an opening in the first round and secure a knockout victory.

Murphy vs. Culibao
Lerone Murphy, DEC
Lerone Murphy has an impressive undefeated record of 11-0-1, with a notable win over Makwan Amirkhani, where he showcased his diverse striking arsenal and knockout power. Murphy possesses excellent striking technique, utilizing precise straight punches and hard hooks to the body. He also demonstrates great footwork and the ability to switch stances effectively, keeping his opponents guessing. In addition, Murphy has shown resilience and strong defensive skills, successfully defending against submission attempts and staying composed in tough situations. While Joshua Culibao has had some success in the UFC with a 3-1-1 record, Murphy's superior striking and ability to control the pace of the fight will likely give him the edge. Culibao may pose a challenge with his fast hands and constant stance switches, but Murphy's technical proficiency and experience will allow him to dictate the fight. With his superior striking accuracy and defensive skills, it is probable that Lerone Murphy will secure a victory via unanimous decision in the third round.

Wood vs. Fili
Nathaniel Wood, SUB, R1
Nathaniel Wood possesses an impressive record with a series of finishes, including four consecutive knockouts to secure the Cage Warriors title and two draws. Although he had a challenging stretch in the UFC against top-level opponents, Wood showed resilience and determination, maintaining a respectable 4-2 record. After a significant layoff due to injuries and opponent pull-outs, Wood made a successful transition from bantamweight to featherweight, showcasing improved speed and endurance in his last fight against John Castañeda. Wood displayed a diverse striking arsenal, notably his punishing leg kicks that caused damage to his opponents. Despite opting not to engage on the ground in his previous fight, Wood is skilled in submissions, having secured three consecutive choke victories at the start of his UFC career. With a renewed focus and a recent win, Wood is likely to come into this fight with a high level of confidence and a hunger to finish. Considering his well-rounded skill set, it is probable that Nathaniel Wood will utilize his striking advantage, wear down Andre Fili, and secure a submission victory, most likely in the first round.

Muniz vs. Craig
André Muniz, SUB, R1
Andre Muniz has showcased exceptional skills in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, particularly his deadly armbars that have secured him victories throughout his career. With a solid background in BJJ, Muniz has displayed his expertise with impressive submissions, including a notable inverted armbar against Jacare Souza. Additionally, he has made significant improvements in his striking game, especially with his kicks, and has shown versatility as a lefty fighter. Muniz's takedown ability, highlighted by his creative trips and one-leg takedowns, combined with his dominant ground control, sets him apart as a formidable force. Despite encountering some challenges in maintaining position, Muniz's flexibility and constant pursuit of submissions make him a dangerous opponent to deal with. Considering his well-rounded skill set and his previous success in the UFC, where he boasts a 4-0 record with three submissions, it is highly likely that Andre Muniz will secure a victory in this fight, most likely by submission, particularly an armbar, in the first round.

Parkin vs. Pogues
Jamal Pogues, DEC
Although both fighters possess impressive records and have shown their strengths in previous bouts, Jamal Pogues stands out as the more well-rounded and experienced fighter. Pogues has a diverse skill set, with a history of knockout victories against less experienced opponents and solid decision wins against tougher competition. His ability to adapt and adjust his game plan based on his opponent's strengths and weaknesses has been evident in his recent fights. Pogues' striking prowess, particularly his jab and right straight, combined with his speed advantage, will likely allow him to outstrike Michael Parkin and accumulate points throughout the fight. Additionally, Pogues' preference for close-range engagements and his proficiency in securing takedowns and controlling the fight on the ground will further enhance his chances of victory. While Parkin possesses power and resilience, Pogues' superior technique and overall skill set are likely to carry him to a decision win, with the fight potentially going the distance and concluding in the third round.

Grant vs. Marcos
Daniel Marcos, TKO, R1
While both fighters have their strengths, Daniel Marcos appears to have the advantage in this matchup. Marcos boasts an undefeated professional record of 12-0, with an impressive 7 knockout victories. He has showcased powerful leg kicks, accurate striking, and a diverse arsenal of attacks, including front kicks to the face and flying knees. Marcos has also demonstrated solid takedown defense and the ability to work off the fence effectively. On the other hand, Davey Grant, while a tough brawler with notable power shots and leg kicks, has shown some weaknesses in his previous fights. Grant tends to get into wars, leaving himself open to counters and grappling takedowns. Additionally, his defense has been lacking, and he has been susceptible to taking damage in previous bouts. Considering Marcos' unbeaten record, his knockout power, and his ability to exploit his opponent's vulnerabilities, it is likely that Daniel Marcos will come out strong and overwhelm Grant in the striking department, securing a TKO victory in the first round.

Diakiese vs. Alvarez
Marc Diakiese, DEC
Although both fighters have had mixed results in their careers, Marc Diakiese possesses the skills and experience to come out on top in this matchup. Diakiese has showcased his striking prowess throughout his career, with a high level of striking technique and speed. His early success in the UK scene, including wins over undefeated prospects, demonstrates his ability to compete at a high level. While he faced setbacks in the UFC, Diakiese has also displayed his wrestling ability, using it effectively to control his opponents and secure decision victories. His commitment to implementing game plans and maintaining a high level of cardio is admirable and can make a difference in a three-round fight. On the other hand, Joel Alvarez has struggled with weight cutting and has shown vulnerability in his takedown defense and ground game, as evidenced by his loss to Tsarukyan. Diakiese's dynamic striking, combined with his ability to mix in takedowns, will likely be the key to victory in this fight. With his experience and well-rounded skill set, it is probable that Marc Diakiese will outstrike Alvarez, control the fight with his wrestling, and secure a decision victory, possibly in the third round.

Duncan vs. Ashmouz
Chris Duncan, DEC
Chris Duncan has showcased a well-rounded skill set throughout his career, with a solid amateur background and an impressive start to his professional record, including a regional title and a 7-0 start with all finishes. Although he faced some challenges when it came to elite hand speed and power on DWCS, Duncan displayed toughness and resilience, landing a perfect counter right that resulted in a knockout victory. In his UFC debut against T20 Morales, Duncan demonstrated his aggressive striking style but also adapted his approach by incorporating takedowns to control the fight. With a three-fight winning streak under his belt, Duncan has been able to consistently implement his game plan, utilizing his striking, athleticism, and wrestling to secure victories. Considering his ability to adapt and his recent success, it is likely that Chris Duncan will have the edge in this fight and emerge victorious, potentially earning a decision win in the third round.

Roberts vs. Parsons
Danny Roberts, DEC
Despite a mixed run in the UFC, Danny Roberts has showcased his athleticism and striking skills throughout his career. While he had a two-year layoff, Roberts returned with a powerful striking display against Emeev, even though he struggled with grappling exchanges. In his last fight, he engaged in a striking battle with Trinaldo, displaying his ability to land shots and match his opponent's power. Although he faced adversity and got hurt in the later rounds, Roberts showed durability and determination. On the other hand, Jonny Parsons, while possessing knockout power and an iron chin, has had some struggles with takedowns and control in the past. Although he managed to secure a split decision win in his last fight, he was easily taken down and controlled. Considering Roberts' experience, striking ability, and the fact that he has faced tougher competition, it is likely that he will be able to avoid Parsons' devastating shots and utilize his striking skills to outpoint him over three rounds. Therefore, the prediction is that Danny Roberts will win the fight by decision in the third round.

Barberena vs. Muradov
Makhmud Muradov, TKO, R3
While Bryan Barberena has shown his durability and heart in previous fights, Makhmud Muradov possesses a more diverse skill set and a higher level of competition. Muradov's eleven-fight winning streak, with numerous knockouts against notable opponents, showcases his devastating striking abilities. He has demonstrated explosive power and accuracy in his punches, combined with solid boxing skills. Although Muradov suffered a setback in his last fight, he displayed impressive defensive techniques, explosiveness in escapes, and dominant top control. His cardio and explosive bursts were evident throughout the bout. In contrast, Barberena has had mixed results in the UFC, alternating wins and losses and displaying vulnerability to takedowns and ground control. While Barberena's toughness and determination cannot be discounted, Muradov's superior striking skills, technical proficiency, and momentum make him the favorite to secure a TKO victory, likely in the third round.

"As an AI language model, I don't have a specific catchphrase. However, you can think of me as your helpful companion for conversation and information. Feel free to ask me anything you'd like to know!"

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

06.19.2023 | 4:42 PM ET

Also if somehow this supposed 1r turns into a scary beatdown for Tybura I hope his team will throw in the towel cause seriously as much as I hate Tybura as a fighter he is a good person and should not take any unecessary damage. 
TLRulebender
TLRulebender

06.22.2023 | 1:52 PM ET

Man this poster bangs like there is no tomorrow

* Edited at 06.22.2023, 2:08 PM ET *

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,252  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  722
  • Post Score: 259

06.23.2023 | 3:06 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 2844th

anyone made like a best collection of tartarin's sayings and quotes yet?

cuz that's all i see, actually - yellow picture and same **** all over and over again.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,105  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,137
  • Post Score: 137

06.25.2023 | 7:33 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 7 Perfect, 755 Points   |   Tied for 408th

This card looks awesome NGL. 
AlexfromSO
AlexfromSO
  • Predictions:  667  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  111
  • Post Score: 187

06.26.2023 | 4:12 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 3711th

Very excited only 3 weeks :) JUST BLEED!!! 

"I never did steroids in my life. I know all the fighters; they are all on steroids. - Nate Diaz "

2023.06.27 12:21 PM ET

bout announced

Jafel Filho vs. Daniel Barez at 125 lbs (56.7 kg)
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.27.2023 | 12:22 PM ET

Let’s go. Haven’t had a 15 fight card in a minute 

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Jones: Stipe’s Shoddy Training Footage Is ‘Deception!’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC free fight video: Dustin Poirier vs. Benoit Saint Denis
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for May: Carlos Ulberg delivers 12-second stunner
  • MMA Mania : Video: McGregor Parties It Up Past 2AM
  • MMA Mania : Video: UFC 303’s McGregor Parties It Up Past 2 A.M.
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey: I'd be booed if I went back to a UFC event
  • MMAFighting.com : Kyra Gracie recalls battling sexism for the right to train jiu-jitsu and ‘have a voice’ in the family
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Conor McGregor parties in Dublin six weeks before UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Stars Could Align For Poirier Vs. McGregor 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Urijah Faber strangles opponent into submission in combat jiu-jitsu match
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Kennedy Freeman, daughter of Ian Freeman, scores walkoff knockout at Cage Warriors 172
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier reacts to Dustin Poirier retirement talks ahead of UFC 302: ‘I hate that’
  • MMA Junkie : On this date in MMA history: 'Rampage' Jackson KOs Chuck Liddell at UFC 71
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev: ‘Stiff’ New Gloves ‘Will Cause More Cuts’
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 302 countdown’ video
  • MMA Junkie : Twister alert! Prospect Luke Dally pulls off rare submission down under at Eternal MMA 84
  • MMAFighting.com : Charles Oliveira picks UFC champ Islam Makhachev to beat Dustin Poirier, Arman Tsarukyan
  • MMA Mania : Rousey Not Ready For UFC Events: ‘I’d Be Booed’
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier ‘Hates’ How Dustin Poirier Recognizes The End Of His Career Heading Into Islam Makhachev Title Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Paige VanZant planning on Elle Brooke rematch for Misfits Boxing in London