Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Dern vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,144
  • Post Score: 47

02.21.2023 | 11:49 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Mackenzie Dern   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Anthony Hernandez   defeats   Edmen Shahbazyan   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:01 Round 3 of 3, 11:01 Total Bout Page
Lupita Godinez   defeats   Emily Ducote   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joaquin Buckley   defeats   Andre Fialho   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   4:15 Round 2 of 3, 9:15 Total Bout Page
Diego Ferreira   defeats   Michael Johnson   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   1:50 Round 2 of 3, 6:50 Total Bout Page
Viacheslav Borshchev   defeats   Maheshate Hayisaer   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   2:37 Round 2 of 3, 7:37 Total Bout Page
Karolina Kowalkiewicz   defeats   Vanessa Demopoulos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gilbert Urbina   defeats   Orion Cosce   via KO/TKO, Front Kick to Body   2:55 Round 2 of 3, 7:55 Total Bout Page
Rodrigo Nascimento   defeats   Ilir Latifi   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Nick Fiore   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Natália Silva   defeats   Victoria Leonardo   via KO/TKO, Punches and Head Kick   2:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Themba Gorimbo   defeats   Takashi Sato   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 21

Taybazza04
Taybazza04
  • Predictions:  19,268  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4,988
  • Post Score: 128

05.17.2023 | 2:51 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1540th

@TARTARA flexing your percentage when you have 57% prediction rate on the UFC 
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,971  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

05.17.2023 | 2:52 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3348th

The usual troll-eys... just lurking around for some **** posting... !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,759
  • Post Score: -18

05.17.2023 | 2:53 PM ET

tartara

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 7 Perfect, 755 Points   |   26th Place

who do you think is going to win between the following matchups and why:

Dern vs Hill

Sato vs Gorimbo

Edmen vs Hernandez

can't wait to hear your response!!!! TARTARA BLESS, KURZHAAAAAAR
el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,423  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,680
  • Post Score: 166

05.17.2023 | 2:54 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 685 Points   |   199th Place

tartara whatever you do just please don't pick Fluffy because he's put on striking clinics and Edmen has been outstruck before 
TARTARA
TARTARA

05.17.2023 | 2:59 PM ET

@Taybazza04  

I didn't flex anything they are just my stats in general... probably the 7 invited members hurt you the most... !? 

And at the end of the day what is your problem with me... i never said anything about you... probably you just want to spend some time on Tapology... !?

* Edited at 05.17.2023, 3:01 PM ET *

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,423  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,680
  • Post Score: 166

05.17.2023 | 3:02 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 685 Points   |   199th Place

tartara shut up real madrid is playing!!! 
Tranzgendah
Tranzgendah
  • Predictions:  10  |  40.0%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: -29

05.17.2023 | 3:02 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 4001st

@baremaras i think Hernandez will win a close decision . Defo wouldn't bet him at these odds though. 

Sato has good hands but that is where it ends. No kicks or feints or anything. But he is good inde he gets his hands going and sometimes throws a really nice straight right. Garimbo showed slick grappling last fight . And he can kick well. Garimbo all day here. 1u bet. 

Hill I think wins . It's not hard to defend a submission for someone as experienced as hill. Hills improving every fight and her game is so well rounded.  Female bjj titles are bs. Also alot her stuff was in a gi. I think Angela hill can become champ . 

akc_47
akc_47
  • Predictions:  6,148  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  144
  • Post Score: 90

05.17.2023 | 3:06 PM ET

Cosce vs Urbina !!! ***

Can anyone tell me why 74% of y’all picking Cosce to beat Urbina? 
I don’t know if y’all seen the blood diamond fight but Cosce sucks lol 
Please tell me why Orion will win so I don’t have to bet Urbina 

"If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

05.17.2023 | 3:28 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4132nd

@TARTARA the other people are correct. You are posting off-topic too much. This is supposed to be a thread for discussing the Dern vs Hill event on Saturday.

"I live, I die, I live again."

TARTARA
TARTARA

05.17.2023 | 3:34 PM ET

@Gregory 

Really... !?

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,759
  • Post Score: -18

05.17.2023 | 3:42 PM ET

tartara

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 7 Perfect, 755 Points   |   26th Place

told you...
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,026  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,129
  • Post Score: 88

05.17.2023 | 3:50 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1763rd

Tartara talk about fights on an mma forum challenge: impossible 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,428
  • Post Score: 129

05.17.2023 | 3:50 PM ET

@Rah123

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 645 Points   |   Tied for 425th

I've gotten that response before when talking about lines, odds etc. I've been in some arguments over it too. I guess if you're not gonna believe in odds affecting what bets you make I really don't know how to approach the topic. To me that's about as solid a position to have as a flat earther's, no offense.

At the end of the day whatever works for you is the best approach to betting.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

05.17.2023 | 4:04 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3047th

Victoria Leonardo       vs.   Natália Silva  

You know, I was going to exploit what I had assumed to be the rampant disingenuity of the above quote, but then it occurred to me that as statements go it's as bona fide as they come. When you're as bad as Victoria, everyone is tough.Bums don't exist, and if one does, you are it.

The Ancient Celts had a saying for this, which roughly translates to 'The badger dog cannot smell its own hole'. Similarly, I used to have an accountant afflicted by clinical IBS, who didn't like crowds, complaining that 'They're made up of people, and people smell of ****'. Ah well, I thought, remembering the old adage: Never wake a sleepwalker.

But if you ever do (or don't) chances are that person will swing at you with the same level of skill and velocity as Victoria Leonardo, especially if that person happens to be your grandmother. 

Frankly Silva is as close to a dead-cert as you're ever going to get in WMMA here. Having watched three of Leonardo's fights, I can say confidently and without hyperbole nor exaggeration that she is less than mediocre in every facet of MMA that bears consideration. Common sense would dictate that a woman as large as she for the division would have average hand speed offset by significant power--yet in defiance of this, and physics, neither is true, the lack of both being perhaps a unique symbiosis of fail. She is as however as cumbersome as her frame alleges; flat--footedly lumbering about the octagon as though it is inch-deep in treacle and she is fitted with diving flippers. Her defence is porous enough to shame a colander, and her range of strikes does not exceed in variety those thrown by instructors wearing wrist weights in a televised aerobics segment targeted at senior citizens. When hit with a strike she shakes her head and charges back into range to generally always be met with another having learned nothing, reacting with something that far exceeds human bewilderment and extends into the magically beheld, like an ape shown a game of three cup Monty by a street magician or bull trying to break through an electrified fence.

Indeed, one would have to look far and wide to find her a fair match--would need to scour the grimiest skid-rows and deadlurks of the most progressive American cities. Kensington Philadelphia perhaps, where trash-fattened rats grown unholy-large large that they might fairly be mistaken for corgis at dusk and a little distance, stuffed with weeds clawed fresh daily from fissures in the sidewalks, spit-roast on rebar blackened by the hellish light of garbage-fire and sell out on the penny by mid-morning to shuffling lines of bedraggled unwashed a hundred yards long, who are so grateful to have them that one might be convinced, for a moment, that they are in fact God's last and finest creation.

One woman that I encountered of a night in Mass and Cass, Boston, does come to mind. Passing a rat stand of the common nature described above--which to find required neither direction nor guide owing to the odour of the attending crowd, perceptible as it was a fair three adjacent neighbouring districts distanced from it and verily enough to make a man of more sensitive nostril weep, I encountered a youth--- a dirty-cheeked whippet of a thing I reckoned between the ages of nine and twelve. Numerical age is a thing of meagre implication in such places, of course, a faulty yardstick. He was a seasoned drunkard, sported an eye patch, and already as competently full of oaths and vulgar wisdom as any veteran barfly from whose sebum-rank loins he had doubtless sprung, and who would in turn (he had likely done so already) spring more himself--a fresh generation of surnameless babes engendered into the sprawling jungle of effluence to crawl about the hillocks of sacked garbage like fledgling flies, and breed on like them, in perpetuam.

I plucked the shard of asbestos upon which he chewed absent-mindedly upon approach: 'See now,' Said I, That is no toothpick!' And where happens to be your mother, young master'? He turned, eyes scouring, until he found her, and pointed.I looked. There in the dim illumination of the slum laburnum which is always curiously always the same in such locations, being not unlike mustard powder drifting softly through the beam of a weak flashlight, and oddly devoid of moth life, which I suppose is always eaten, she leaned against the facade of a dispensary of some kind, the brickwork darkened with man-grease and smog, as though misery itself could not bear to countenance and consider itself in human flesh and had fled instead to the dumb matter of masonry where it was not obligated to feel itself be. 

She was, for lack of a better description, like a freshly unwrapped mummy--the belly in particular creased and imploded, like a deflated Pilates ball and brashly displayed by the shortest and most heavily stained glitter-gel crop top I had ever seen; a consequence of malnutrition, countless unwanted pregnancies and entrenched addiction, the instrumentation of which still hung limply and disregarded from her left arm. This held what I believe was an empty bottle of everclear, and with it played a losing game of hideous whack-a-mole in unenthusiastic defence of a boil on her ankle which was being assaulted by a balding, half-tailed mouse. She rose, finally, to walk up and down the strip in a jerky, demented panoply of quasi-obliviated seduction, one of Satan's electrified marionettes, scarcely operating on a dying battery. She would scratch herself occasionally in unprintable locales with one hand, while the other scrabbled to free what to this day I suspect was a human turd--no less than nine inches long--from the tangle of her hair--a grim token of some client's unthinkable request. 

I turned away in disgust, reached into my pocket and retrieved a twenty dollar bill, which I veritably slammed into the boy's hand. 'That', said I, 'is not for rat'. He snatched it away and began to make off. I caught his arm and asked 'I didn't catch your name. 'Boyfriend' he said, pointing to a strikingly boggle-eyed obese man, probably mid 40-ish, who wore a faded tracksuit and lurched by a nearby dumpster, watching intently as he chewed maniacally on three fingers. 'Boyfriend', he repeated, 'Say my name Baremaras'.

Silva KO/TKO R1.

* Edited at 05.17.2023, 4:24 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 3 weeks, 3 days, and 11 minutes from now.
Tranzgendah
Tranzgendah
  • Predictions:  10  |  40.0%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: -29

05.17.2023 | 4:20 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 4001st

@gliese58i lol couldn't agree more. Maybe if you place one bet for your entire life then odds don't matter , it just has to be correct. But if you bet frequently then odds are THE ONLY THING that matters. 
I have been long term profitable by doing the very simple following thing

1. Have a look at the line up ,  and start watching all previous 3 fights of everyone on the card.
2. Look at the odds , and see who is a decent sized dog.
3. Compare the betting odds to what I think the odds are he can win the fight. If the odds are higher than I think then I bet. Even if I think the dog will lose but the odds are way off then I still bet it.
igbjcn
igbjcn

05.17.2023 | 5:44 PM ET

****les

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 2577th

Thanks for the English essay on the fight where the -1000 favorite should win I really needed it
DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,155  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

05.17.2023 | 6:57 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 3316th

"Delinquent MMA"

Daniel_Canada
Daniel_Canada
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -1000

05.17.2023 | 7:54 PM ET

I wish the UFC would have separate events for the women instead, or just end the womens divisions entirely. 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,669  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,523
  • Post Score: 13

05.17.2023 | 9:04 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 2066th

That's dumb

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,669  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,523
  • Post Score: 13

05.17.2023 | 9:06 PM ET

Akc 47

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 2066th

Everyone is betting Urbina tho.

But Cosce should be able to outwrestle this guy that got embarrassed on tuf 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Page 21

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results (8 a.m. ET)
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Geo Martinez And Nicolas Renier Face Each Other In The Preliminary Card
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • The Athletic : UFC 301 predictions, previews, odds: Alexandre Pantoja looks to defend title in front of home Brazilian crowd
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Fury Pro Grappling 10
  • MMA Mania : ‘Don’t Come Near Me If I See You Ever Ryan Garcia’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat