Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Allen

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,379
  • Post Score: 47

01.17.2023 | 9:08 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 04.15.2023 at 05:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,180,000
  • Attendance: 16,234
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Max Holloway   defeats   Arnold Allen   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Edson Barboza   defeats   Billy Quarantillo   via KO/TKO, Knee   2:37 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Azamat Murzakanov   defeats   Dustin Jacoby   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ion Cutelaba   defeats   Tanner Boser   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Pedro Munhoz   defeats   Chris Gutierrez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rafa García   defeats   Clay Guida   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bill Algeo   defeats   TJ Brown   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:40 Round 2 of 3, 6:40 Total Bout Page
Brandon Royval   defeats   Matheus Nicolau   via KO/TKO, Knee and Punches   2:09 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Zak Cummings   defeats   Ed Herman   via KO/TKO, Combination Punches   4:13 Round 3 of 3, 14:13 Total Bout Page
Gillian Robertson   defeats   Piera Rodriguez   via Submission, Armbar   4:21 Round 2 of 3, 9:21 Total Bout Page
Daniel Zellhuber   defeats   Lando Vannata   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Denise Gomes   defeats   Bruna Brasil   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   2:42 Round 2 of 3, 7:42 Total Bout Page
Gaston Bolaños   defeats   Aaron Phillips   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joselyne Edwards   defeats   Lucie Pudilová   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 18

RichOsama
RichOsama
  • Predictions:  1,818  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,204
  • Post Score: 47

04.15.2023 | 9:19 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3688th

Think ima take the dog in Guida and Arnold. 

More confident in Guida. Hes a cardio freak and I think he'll tire em out and outpoint Rafa.

Arnold, I hope comes out guns blazing and clips max for an early finish, if not. Hes in for a brutal beating.

* Edited at 04.15.2023, 9:35 AM ET *

AndresMontana
AndresMontana
  • Predictions:  2,895  |  74.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,209
  • Post Score: -7

04.15.2023 | 9:23 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 504th

Rah scores a 10-7 vs CringeGuru..😬🤣🤣
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 1 week, 3 days, 17 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,284  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,635
  • Post Score: -57

04.15.2023 | 10:14 AM ET

Andres

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1577th

Lol he is gone again bro. Back to his cave

"Positivity is a positive"

Rumble1026
Rumble1026
  • Predictions:  3,263  |  70.2%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: 138

04.15.2023 | 10:29 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 549th

Holloway vs. Allen
Max Holloway, DEC
I flipped this one back a couple times, but I'm going to lean towards Holloway. It's hard to ignore the amount of MMA mileage on Max given his age is similar to his opponent. The striking volume is definitely still there. If you look at Holloways recent defeats came to opponents who had success matching Max's volume and mix in some grappling. I expect to Allen to be the stronger of the two and is definitely a prospect. I don't feel Allen is going to have the output on the feet to keep up with Max. Allen's most likely the better grappler, but Holloway has stingy takedown defense 84% according to UFC stats. I like Maxey's chances to keep this fight primarily on the feet and get himself a decision win.

"What an excellent day for combat."

GunnStarr
GunnStarr

04.15.2023 | 10:51 AM ET

Andres

He makes it too easy
FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,831  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  285
  • Post Score: 127

04.15.2023 | 10:56 AM ET

UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Allen | Full Card Fight Picks in 3 Minutes

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 863rd

"Every second is a gift"

masta8
masta8
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: -133

04.15.2023 | 11:03 AM ET

@Rah123 Could you share Your predictions? I trust you bro more  than myself on MMA betting. 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,910  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,533
  • Post Score: 13

04.15.2023 | 11:23 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 3055th

so excited for arnold allen. 

one of the best strikers in the ufc

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Schned
Schned
  • Predictions:  68  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: -480

04.15.2023 | 11:28 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 151st

Holloway vs. Allen
Arnold Allen, TKO, R1
spinning backfist

Barboza vs. Quarantillo
Billy Quarantillo, TKO, R1
Flying knee

samm
samm
  • Predictions:  107  |  54.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 50

04.15.2023 | 11:36 AM ET

@BANKROLLCITYOFFICIAL ON IG

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 2129th

★★★☆☆ Joselyne Edwards vs.Lucie Pudilová
Going with Pudilova here. I think on the feet, Edwards will matchup well against Pudilova. Pudilova pushes the pace on the feet and catches her opponents with those quick takedowns. She has a major wrestling advantage here which is what she can rely on if things aren't working out for her in the standup or clinch.
★★★★★ Aaron Phillips vs.Gaston Bolanos
Bolanos wins this in a finish. He is very unpredictable in his striking. Has great timing. Does a good job baiting fighter into a counter shot. Aaron Phillip’s career is definitely on a downwards trend. 0-3 in the UFC and his first 2 fights were in 2014. Bolanos should put on a kickboxing clinic.
★★☆☆☆Bruna Brasilvs. Denise Gomes
Basil should win this fight. She is bigger and the better striker here but god damn she keeps her hands so low when she fights. Brings down my confidence in this pick just because Gomes could clip her in an exchange.
★★☆☆☆ Lando Vannata vs.Daniel Zellhuber
Zellhuber should win this fight. He has very strong striking ability and IQ. Vannata has proven to be a active striker on the feet but more so a good wrestler. I think that is a huge threat for Zellhuber as in his last fight he showed that he can be taken down pretty easily. BTW Zellhuber lost as a -400 prospect his last fight. Both these guys switching into more prestigious gyms before this bout. Lot of factors but if Zellhuber can avoid takedowns he should win this fight.
★★★☆☆Gillian Robertsonvs. Piera Rodriguez
Going with Robertson on this one. She definitely has the wrestling advantage here and it could easily get her a win. Rodriguez does a good job at throwing punches in bunches but I think Robertson will be able to hold her own. SHe’s fought many fighters similar to Rodriquez and should get the win here.
★★★★☆Zak Cummingsvs. Ed Herman
Man this a match up between 2 OG Grandpas. Cummings, 38, been in the UFC for 10+years he's from Kansas City. Sherman, 42, first features in the UFC during TUF season 3 …in 2009. These guys have been through all the trials and tribulations. Cummings is moving up to LHW for the first time when he was a WW for the majority of his career. All that being said, Cummings should win this fight. This guy has never been KO and in his 31 pro fights hasnt even been wobbled or stunned. This guy has an iron chin. Cummings moves around too much I think he gets it done and may even retire. I see a KO or Dec win.
★★★☆☆ Brandon Royval vs.Matheus Nicolau
Both of these guys are exciting fighters and honestly really do matchup close stylistically. Royval is coming off a wrist injury. Nicolau seems to be the more well rounded fighter here. Royval is a little unorthodox. This is a banger off a fight even if goes to the ground. Nicolau should be able to control this fight.
★★☆☆☆ Bill Algeo vs.TJ Brown
To me this fight is really a coin flip. I see why people are siding with Algeo but in terms of a value pick, I think Brown definitely has the more value being that Algeo is a 2:1 favorite. Giving Brown the slight lean although he will be the smaller fighter , he does a really good job at getting into the pocket. Algeo has a really wide karate like stance and keeps his hands super low which can give Brown an easy opportunity for a KO win.
★★★☆☆ Clay Guida vs.Rafa Garcia
Going with Rafa Garcia here just because his last time out we saw a more disciplines and polished version of himself that I hope will be displayed in this bout here. He really sharpened up his boxing and striking defense and I think this is a test the UFC is throwing at him to see how well he’s able to move up the rankings. Clay is 41 years old its hard to justify him in this matchup
★★★☆☆ Pedro Munhoz vs.Chris Gutierrez
This is a close matchup. I think Guiterrez is just slightly faster and stays way busier on the feet than Minhoz. This will be a high pace fight from the opening bell. Neither of these guys have ever been KO this fight should go to decision with a lean for Guiterrez to get the judges nod.
★★★★☆Tanner Boservs. Ion Cuțelaba
Boser going down to LHW as he was always considered to be a “smaller” HW. Cutebala has been one of the most inconsistent fighters in the UFC. Its unpredictable how he will come out but one thing i tue and that’s that his chin is made of glass. Boser definitely has that KO power top put Cutebala down. Boser looks to be in the best shape of his life and I think he gets it done here.
★★☆☆☆ Dustin Jacoby vs.Azamat Murzakanov
Hard one for me here. Leaning to Murazakanov for his style and his combat sambo background. Jacoby for sure has the better offensive striking but he does leave opportunities to get hit. Murzahanov can use his stalking style to throw Jacoby off his game. There is a notable size difference here. Small lean for Murakanov to get a KO win.
★★★☆☆ Edson Barboza vs.Billy Quarantillo
Great fight here definitely a FOTN contender here. I thin both of these guys are going to come out a little more cautiously. Both of them have the ability to knock each other out. I think Quarantillo capitalizes on Barboza overextending his shots. This one stays on the feet for sure as they both arent the best wrestlers. I think Billy puts the pressure on and Barboza really isn't the best fighter going backwards.

★★★☆☆Max Hollowayvs. Arnold Allen
Going with Max Holloway here. Obviously much more battle tested than Allen. Ofc Allen has the hype around him right now, definitely a great fighter with frightening KO power. Dont think he will be able to be the first to KO Holloway as I think his in an out style will kind of throw allen off his game. I think if Allen comes out the same way he did against Hooker he will quickly see how that can be a big mistake. I think we see a more composed version of Allen here and Holloway picks him off for a decision win 

* Edited at 04.15.2023, 11:37 AM ET *

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,284  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,635
  • Post Score: -57

04.15.2023 | 11:39 AM ET

Masta

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1577th

Here you go

Rah

"Positivity is a positive"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,514  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,798
  • Post Score: 180

04.15.2023 | 11:48 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2451st

Munhoz vs. Gutierrez
Pedro Munhoz, SUB, R2
Gutierrez starts out strong but Munhoz catches him after he gets overconfident and finishes via club & sub.

Royval vs. Nicolau
Matheus Nicolau, TKO, R2
Would love to see Royval win because imo Nicolau is a bit too cautious/defensive but he seems to have real power for FLW and it's hard to believe a Nova Uniao black belt won't be prepared for Royval's chaotic ground game.

Herman vs. Cummings
Ed Herman, DEC
Total gut pick. No rational reason but....

Edwards vs. Pudilová
Lucie Pudilová, DEC
I don't want to jinx this fight but I probably will: this could actually be entertaining and while Pudilova has a worse UFC record and was cut, her opponents list is pretty impressive.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,885
  • Post Score: 115

04.15.2023 | 12:02 PM ET

Rumble

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 4377th

Yeah and I can’t put my trust in someone I haven’t seen go 5 rounds yet versus a fighter who’s known for going 5 rounds strong. This will just have to be a moment where Allen has to prove me wrong and I’ll just shrug and take it on the chin

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

masta8
masta8
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: -133

04.15.2023 | 12:03 PM ET

@Rah123 Thanks a lot 👌 do you have any sure bets IYO ?
ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,885
  • Post Score: 115

04.15.2023 | 12:13 PM ET

Rodriguez - Robertson

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 4377th

I feel like Rodriguez will wrestle herself right into a choke

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

Jmnihart
Jmnihart
  • Predictions:  2,789  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

04.15.2023 | 12:16 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 560 Points   |   Tied for 427th

Edwards vs. Pudilová
Joselyne Edwards, TKO, R2
lol

PickingMyNose
PickingMyNose
  • Predictions:  979  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  118
  • Post Score: 21

04.15.2023 | 12:33 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 881st

Holloway vs. Allen
Max Holloway, TKO, R4
Allen has stated several times this last camp of his has been bumpy, Max is gonna put on the hurt after Allen breaks his hands on Max's face.

Barboza vs. Quarantillo
Billy Quarantillo, TKO, R3
Edson is 37, a legend in his own right. However I think Billy Qs volume is going to be too much for Edson and the cumulative damage is going to be too much in R3.

Jacoby vs. Murzakanov
Dustin Jacoby, TKO, R2
Was robbed against Rountree, Jacoby is the better fighter.

Cutelaba vs. Boser
Ion Cutelaba, TKO, R2
HULK SMASH (Another ion main event L?)

Munhoz vs. Gutierrez
Chris Gutierrez, DEC
Don't buy the hype for the KO, Sean couldn't do it. Doubt Chris can, but he will win a decision.

Guida vs. García
Rafa García, DEC
Clay has cardio for days but I don't think his strength at 41 will hold up. Rafa decision.

Brown vs. Algeo
TJ Brown, SUB, R3
Dog pick of the night, I think TJ is being overlooked.

Royval vs. Nicolau
Brandon Royval, SUB, R2
Another dog pick?!?!? (can't wait to be wrong here)

Herman vs. Cummings
Ed Herman, DEC
Ed herman beat a man called cummins, idk.

Rodriguez vs. Robertson
Gillian Robertson, SUB, R1
I did this in the hopes of the card not being ****.

Vannata vs. Zellhuber
Daniel Zellhuber, DEC
Zellhuber is good on las patas, not so good on el piso. Should win this one.

Brasil vs. Gomes
Bruna Brasil, DEC
she has the name brasil and is from brazil, also the wheel I spun said bruno brasil so it has to be true

Bolaños vs. Phillips
Gaston Bolaños, TKO, R1
brutal R1 power slap ko.

Edwards vs. Pudilová
Joselyne Edwards, DEC
too big

"Why they allow makeup in beauty contest but not steroids in contest of strength?"

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,707  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

04.15.2023 | 12:33 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3128th

Man I've flip flopped on this main event. I doubted Allen for awhile, and he just managed to put so much leather on people in short spurts that even once he slows down, he's got such a lead on them. But he does seem to slow down, and in his first championship rounds against Max Holloway of all people, he's gonna get drowned in deep water if that happens. 

BUT ALSO, Max has taken so much damage in his career that we all know eventually his chin will crack and its gonna be sudden and sad. And he did not look good against Volk last time out. And it's Volk, obviously, who took such a leap into the P4P best in the world level, but Max fought him close twice and looked so lost.
Rumble1026
Rumble1026
  • Predictions:  3,263  |  70.2%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: 138

04.15.2023 | 12:43 PM ET

UFC Fight Night Holloway vs Allen final picks.

Not too many bangers on this card. Some pretty close contests. Excitement for this card is 3 out of 5.

"What an excellent day for combat."

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,707  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

04.15.2023 | 12:52 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3128th

I'm still mad about that Jacoby-Rountree decision. Jacoby boxed his ears off for 2.5 rounds. One of the best, cleanest kickboxing displays in recent memory. Rountree just kinda winging blind overhands every so often and hitting mostly gloves.

Page 18

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Fury Vs Usyk Odds, Specials, & Prop Bets
  • UFC.com : Edson Barboza: The Fire Still Burns
  • MMAFighting.com : Chase Hooper on controversial UFC St. Louis stoppage: ‘It was either a panic tap or an unintentional one’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Fury Vs. Usyk Open Workouts Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier unloads on Joaquin Buckley after response to Conor McGregor callout criticism: 'Shut up, p*ssy'
  • Middle Easy : Aspen Ladd Thinks ‘Not Currently Anybody’ In Bantamweight Could Beat Kayla Harrison
  • Bad Left Hook : Nakatani to face mandatory challenger Astrolabio on July 20
  • MMA Mania : UFC FPI 7 Fight Card, Full Grappling Ruleset
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal blames 'f*cking idiot' Nate Diaz for originally going up against UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • UFC.com : UFC FIGHT PASS Invitational 7 Results
  • MMA Junkie : Darren Till vows to win UFC title: 'I know I could beat the champion'
  • Middle Easy : Report: Floyd Mayweather To Rematch Victor Ortiz In Exhibition Match On August 24
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier goes scorched earth on Joaquin Buckley: ‘Shut up p*ssy’
  • MMA Mania : UFC Action Figures Are Back!
  • MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury: Beating Oleksandr Usyk 'puts me No. 1 status of all time' at heavyweight
  • UFC.com : MCFARLANE TOYS TEAMS UP WITH UFC TO CREATE POWERHOUSE LINE OF COLLECTIBLES
  • Middle Easy : Deontay Wilder Fears Jake Paul Could Leave ‘Too Old’ Mike Tyson In Coma, Rips Commission For Licensing Boxing Legend To Fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC Vegas 92 Media Day!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier takes umbrage with 'magician at manipulation' Jon Jones dismissing UFC title reign