Topic: UFC 283

UFC 283: Teixeira vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,323
  • Post Score: 47

08.10.2022 | 3:08 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 283
  • Saturday 01.21.2023 at 05:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ABC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Jeunesse Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Attendance: 13,604
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 756,000 avg. viewers (ABC prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 15
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jamahal Hill   defeats   Glover Teixeira   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Brandon Moreno   defeats   Deiveson Figueiredo   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   5:00 Round 3 of 5, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gilbert Burns   defeats   Neil Magny   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Lauren Murphy   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Johnny Walker   defeats   Paul Craig   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Hammerfists   2:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ihor Potieria   defeats   Maurício Rua   via KO/TKO, Hooks to Ground Strikes   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brunno Ferreira   defeats   Gregory Rodrigues   via KO/TKO, Counter Left   4:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Thiago Moisés   defeats   Melquizael Costa   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:05 Round 2 of 3, 9:05 Total Bout Page
Gabriel Bonfim   defeats   Mounir Lazzez   via Submission, Mounted Guillotine Choke   0:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Shamil Abdurakhimov   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:56 Round 2 of 3, 7:56 Total Bout Page
Cody Stamann   defeats   Luan Lacerda   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ismael Bonfim   defeats   Terrance McKinney   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   2:17 Round 2 of 3, 7:17 Total Bout Page
Nicolas Dalby   defeats   Warlley Alves   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Josiane Nunes   defeats   Zarah Fairn   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daniel Marcos   defeats   Saimon Oliveira   via KO/TKO, Knees to the Body   2:18 Round 2 of 3, 7:18 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 51

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,885
  • Post Score: 115

01.21.2023 | 9:06 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 5020th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno IV
Deiveson Figueiredo, DEC
Figueiredo took a year off while Moreno stayed active, wouldn’t be surprised if that gives Moreno that little bit of edge but if it goes to decision and it’s the fight they’ve always had then the decision will go to Figueiredo, Moreno desperately needs a finish

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,315
  • Post Score: 283

01.21.2023 | 9:12 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 1890th

* Edited at 01.21.2023, 1:27 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,083  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,080
  • Post Score: 137

01.21.2023 | 9:16 AM ET

DOGS

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 4409th

If Bruno Ferreira wasn't 5'10, maybe. Robocop is a tank but I've seen him rocked before. I think this is probably just a little to much too soon. 

As much as I'd love to argue in favor of Melk knocking out Moises, I simply cant. Every fiber of my being tells me Moises cruises here and probably wins by sub. 

Of the reasonable dogs on this card, I think Luan Lacerda has the best chance of winning. Stamann will wrestle as usual to try and win. I think this is the UFC saying "show us you're still serious about contending" to Stamann. Or, put another way, "show us you're more than just a wrestler and won't get easily subbed like you did against Said". It's the only fight of these 3 where I see the favored fighter willingly playing into his opponents strengths. We know Cody is going to shoot takedowns and wrestle while Lacerda has won pro MMA fights with 6 different submissions already. 

I'm taking Cody on here for my official pick but am very tempted to throw a couple bucks on Lacerda by sub. I'm curious to see some other thoughts about these 3 fights in particular all with dogs +260 or higher.

EDIT: spelling error.

* Edited at 01.21.2023, 9:17 AM ET *

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,514  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,798
  • Post Score: 180

01.21.2023 | 9:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 1 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 3670th

Rua vs. Potieria
Maurício Rua, TKO, R1
I will be sacrificing several live chickens to the MMA gods

Nunes vs. Fairn
Josiane Nunes, TKO, R1
TIIIIIMMMMBBBBEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Marcos vs. Oliveira
Daniel Marcos, DEC
Tap vs. Vegas, interesting

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,831  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  285
  • Post Score: 127

01.21.2023 | 9:25 AM ET

UFC 283: Teixeira vs. Hill | Full Card Fight Picks in 3 Minutes

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 6 Perfect, 780 Points   |   Tied for 625th

"Every second is a gift"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,083  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,080
  • Post Score: 137

01.21.2023 | 9:29 AM ET

@fallenangel

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 4409th

Olivera sub round 1? Thank you for making me not feel like a crazy person.

As usual, we have a lot of similar picks. Only ones I think I disagree with on this week are the Bonfim fights and the co-main.
FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,831  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  285
  • Post Score: 127

01.21.2023 | 9:34 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 6 Perfect, 780 Points   |   Tied for 625th

Yeah. I think Oliveira might get that Guillotine choke that he always go for. Early in the card...Brazilian crowd chanting and the newcomer might have some anxiety..going for a takedown early on :) I don't really rate Oliveira that high, but he might get this done.

I'm like 65% confident on Gabriel Bonfim. On Ismael - it's one of my least confident picks. If Terrance wins it's obviously in the first round via  a finish. Ismael is a good prospect himself and I think he might be able to weather the early storm and get the fight into the deep waters.

Good luck mate @foppa420

"Every second is a gift"

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,238  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,899
  • Post Score: 174

01.21.2023 | 9:36 AM ET

Predictions: 12 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 765 Points   |   Tied for 708th

Gentlemen it is with the greatest of pleasures that I tell you, it is fight day 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,489  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,841
  • Post Score: 141

01.21.2023 | 9:58 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 670 Points   |   Tied for 1984th

Teixeira vs. Hill
Glover Teixeira, SUB, R2
Glover is going to be 2 time champion. How does he win? Takes Hill down and maul him. I know the arguments against this. Glover is too old, too slow, gets rocked every fight. But lets analyse that. Glover is actually a very underrated striker with good power and he mixes his ground game well with this. He was able to stand for 5 rounds with one of the most dynamic strikers in Jiri who is also much younger and has a lot more power than Hill. Jiri usually knocks people out. He could not do that to Glover. Secondly Hill is faster and has great boxing, agreed. But his finishes have come with accumilative strikes or on very chinny fighters. Lets have a look. Walker, Crute, OSP all chinny. Santos old, slow and gassed. Won't say that can't happen to Glover but I don't see him getting KOd early. So if he does not get KOd early what happens? Glover is a skilled wrestler and Hill's take down defence is not great. Sure he can get up, especially against people like Santos. But against Glover? A decorated high level black belt? Not seeing it. I think Glover finishes this with a submission or TKO in R2/3. I think he is a level above Hill.

Figueiredo vs. Moreno IV
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R3
Again I am going against most people's popular picks with this one. I think Figueiredo is the superior fighter and his power is scary. His problem as has been noted by his coaches is he loses focus and tries to showboat. He also can be indisciplined. But skill for skill he was winning in most of the fights with Moreno. And say what you will, I do not see Moreno finishing Figgy again. In fact I was not very impressed with how Moreno looked in the KKF fight and now without Krause coaching him how focused will he be too? The argument everyone has against Figgy is his weight cut and age. I have heard from people in the know that his weight cut was fine, and his cardio is actually pretty good for the power game he brings. My main concern is will he get carried away by the home crowd and try to go to fast and too hard or pull a stunt to wow the crowd. That's my main concern. Otherwise I think he is going to win this clearly.

Burns vs. Magny
Gilbert Burns, DEC
This is one fight that should clearly be won by Burns. But I just have a bad feeling about it. Don't get me wrong. He should win. Magny is always losing his fights till he wins them, and Burns has good striking, good wrestling and a far superior ground game. He should be able to take down Magny and submit him. But is it his cardio I am worried about? Is it the clinch game? Not sure. I am not betting this fight but Burns should win it easily. Just something telling me to stay away.

Andrade vs. Murphy
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
This really should not be close. Murphy is durable and super strong. But Andrade is Andrade. I don't see her finishing Murphy, and maybe Murphy has the more technical boxing. But Andrade is not Meisha Tate and she should roll here.

Craig vs. Walker
Johnny Walker, TKO, R2
I think this fight finishes either way, and I think Craig will actually try to strike with Walker because he has been practicing his standup and everyone knows about Walkers chin. I think this is a bad idea. And if nothing else Kavanaugh seems to have made game plans to keep Walker safe and has definitely improved his BJJ. I think Craig gets exposed here. I could see something wild like a flying knee KO in fact.

Rua vs. Potieria
Ihor Potieria, TKO, R1
Never bet on a retiring fighter, even one juiced up in front of home crowds. Ihor has power and is fast. R1 KO.

Rodrigues vs. Ferreira
Gregory Rodrigues, SUB, R2
Jacked Obama looks Jacked. And he is too big and too powerful. Even without the ground game he should win pretty easily. But please protect your chin.

Moisés vs. Costa
Thiago Moisés, SUB, R1
Moises is too good. Costa has talent but this is too big a step up for a debut. Moises will get the submission early

Bonfim vs. Lazzez
Mounir Lazzez, DEC
Bonafim is good, but I think Lazzez is very under rated. I think his take down defence should be good enough to keep it standing or get up. And I don't know that Bonfims wrestling is good enough to get him down and keep him down. I think Lazzez has the better striking and I could see a point fighting decision from him,

Almeida vs. Abdurakhimov
Jailton Almeida, SUB, R1
Jailton submission ASAP

Lacerda vs. Stamann
Cody Stamann, TKO, R3
I am worried about this fight and the size difference. It all comes down to one thing for me, can Lacerda get the takedown. Because if he gets Stamann to the ground of takes his back standing I think its a wrap. But if the smaller Stamann can keep it on the feet he should be able to take apart Lacerda. This fight worries me and the odds scare me. I think this fight ends inside the distance either way.

McKinney vs. Bonfim
Ismael Bonfim, TKO, R2
I expect McKinney to wrestle, and I really do like his wrestling and ability to scramble. But from what I have seen of his submission skills they leave a lot to be desired. So if he can't submit somoene and does not get a ground and pound finish then he could gas. He could also miss a lot because Bonfim is very elusive and has good head movement. Also coming to the striking McKinney sure is wild and powerful, but he is very hittable. And I do not think Ismael will get caught, or if he does get caught he will probably manage to stay in it. And as McKinney slows down I can see Ismael taking over with a late finish. This could go either way though so be careful.

Alves vs. Dalby
Warlley Alves, SUB, R1
So help me God. I am picking Alves. Despite him losing me a lot of money in the past with sheer stupidity and quit. But here I imagine he will be fired up by the crowd and will be on all the good stuff. He should come out like a bat out of hell and wreck Dalby who is nothing special. If he fails to do this... sigh

Nunes vs. Fairn
Josiane Nunes, TKO, R2
Size difference? Huge. Skill difference? who knows. But Fairn is not good. If Nunes has the chin to match the shape of her head and does not get put off by Fairns strikes coming in she should crash the pocket and lay into Fairn. I do not see Fairn being able to defend this kind of attack and pressure and I think she will quit. I can see a body shot KO for Nunes. But if she is unable to hit the pocket then it could be trouble, but I am not convinced that Fairn knows how to use her reach advantage either.

Marcos vs. Oliveira
Daniel Marcos, TKO, R3
I am very impressed with Marcos. I love his striking. And especially his leg kicks and body work. Oliveira is open to leg kicks with his high thai stance. He fires combinations and has good movement. His takedown defence looks solid and I have heard he has a decent ground game. Whereas Oliviera is just too wild. I think if Marcos avoids the first few minutes of chaos with Oliveira's flying knees, spinning strikes and guillotines he should slowly take over and break Saimon down. Could he get caught? Sure but I think he will be ready. Not really that impressed by either Saimons wrestling or submission skills beyond the good guillotine, but also never bet on someone who pulls guillotines regularly. Fight does not go the distance looks like a good play. My main concern for Marcos is in R3. Oliveira has a good chin and does not seem to get tired. If Marcos cannot get him out of there and he gets tired, he could get caught with something late.

AmishWoodMilk
AmishWoodMilk
  • Predictions:  2,210  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 142

01.21.2023 | 10:03 AM ET

@foppa420

Predictions: 12 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 705 Points   |   Tied for 1412th

Yeah I don't really care about their records I've just seen both of them fight lol. Oliveira can win cause he does have skills but I just think Marcos is a much better fighter. I don't like picking fighters in their debut but I definitely wouldn't pick Oliveira over most UFC bantamweights. He might be able to beat Turcios or some **** tho

"Wipe your booger... Good man.” - Kevin Holland seconds before knocking out Joaquin Buckley at UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Oleinik (2020)

mezzor
mezzor
  • Predictions:  577  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  571
  • Post Score: -181

01.21.2023 | 10:18 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 3946th

I see massive circlejerk on this forum.
Daniel Marcos had two year break before fighting on DWCS and beating a guy with 6-1 record that looked terrible idk how he won any of his fights. Daniel's entire record comes from fighting in 300 sparta that is basically held in someone's basement. (go watch any of their fights)
On the other hand we have more active and experienced fighter. Oliveira has one fight in the UFC and 23 in other  organizations. People here are judging him with his first and only UFC fight against Gravely.
Open your eyes, watch the tape, do not listen to each other and you might get your predictions right.
This user is suspended from posting until 2 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 8 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,264  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,360
  • Post Score: 89

01.21.2023 | 10:29 AM ET

Predictions: 12 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 785 Points   |   Tied for 517th

Saimon’s other tape is **** so no clue what you’re watching lol

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,284  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,624
  • Post Score: -57

01.21.2023 | 10:30 AM ET

Mezzor

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 645 Points   |   Tied for 2327th

Marcos wins easily unless he gets Caught in a guillotine 

"Positivity is a positive"

Javerys22
Javerys22
  • Predictions:  389  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  490
  • Post Score: 66

01.21.2023 | 10:54 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 715 Points   |   Tied for 1310th

Not gonna lie Murphy looked to be in phenomenal shape at the weigh ins. She still gonna get rocked but I admire the work ethic. 

" “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” – Uncle Iroh"

Javerys22
Javerys22

01.21.2023 | 10:56 AM ET

Rah, respect your picks, but idk about easy. I won't be convinced on the outcome till I see how they both try to implement their range. 

" “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” – Uncle Iroh"

Bigjewmoney
Bigjewmoney
  • Forum Posts:  65
  • Post Score: 128

01.21.2023 | 11:02 AM ET

Ismael Bonfim's 3 losses are all by sub.. Not overthinking this one. TWrecks by sub sitting at +380 🤤
Bigjewmoney
Bigjewmoney
  • Forum Posts:  65
  • Post Score: 128

01.21.2023 | 11:04 AM ET

Also, if you're nervous about Burns, Andrade or Nunes losing by dec, their 'decision no bet' props are prob the smart play here. 
Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,566  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,367
  • Post Score: 149

01.21.2023 | 11:12 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 695 Points   |   Tied for 1635th

RUSTY WHYD YOU HAVE TO PICK LAZZEZ NOW IM SCARED ABOUT MY PARLAYS 
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

01.21.2023 | 11:15 AM ET

Bigger McKinney or Smaller Hill will both either KO in the first 5 or get KO’d in the next ten.

The biggest mystery of this card is how either of these guys packs so much abominable power in their relatively soft frames. Ungodly.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Javerys22
Javerys22

01.21.2023 | 11:21 AM ET

After seeing Warley weigh in idk how serious he is about the fight game. Seems to be in lackadaisical shape. 

Page 51

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL announces dates, locations for 2024 playoffs
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : Rampage Vs. Briggs Falls Apart Amid Promoter Fraud Concerns
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champion Patchy Mix: 'I can't get the respect that Sean O'Malley has'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira now expected to headline UFC event on June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Dream Was To Become Champion’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Age doesn't matter': Mike Tyson, Jake Paul discuss experience vs. youth dynamic of boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira shows menace, humor in new Topps commercial
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Presser Highlights: Kid Asks Boxers Who Has Higher ‘Body Count’
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson warns Jake Paul he will be fighting for his life; Paul responds
  • MMA Mania : Shake-Up! Perez Vs. Taira Now Headlines UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson and Jake Paul go nose-to-nose in first Tyson vs. Paul faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul have playful faceoff at first press conference in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington: Belal Muhammad 'squatting on his ranking,' doesn't deserve UFC title fight
  • Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Talks Conor McGregor’s Fighting Future, Teases Two ‘UFC Legends’ In Talks to Join Promotion
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Like To Retire As A World Champion’
  • Middle Easy : Tyson Fury Gives Props To ‘Toughest Man’ Oleksandr Usyk; John Fury Goes Ballistic On Team Usyk
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video LIVE now
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Joaquin Buckley is a star, but went too far with Conor McGregor callout
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson press conference live stream from New York