Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Holland

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,780
  • Post Score: 46

08.02.2022 | 8:54 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 12.03.2022 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Holland
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Orlando
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Amway Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • Attendance: 17,065
  • TV Ratings: 1.014M avg. viewers (877k prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Stephen Thompson   defeats   Kevin Holland   via KO/TKO, Retirement   5:00 Round 4 of 5, 20:00 Total Bout Page
Rafael dos Anjos   defeats   Bryan Barberena   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:20 Round 2 of 3, 8:20 Total Bout Page
Matheus Nicolau   defeats   Matt Schnell   via KO/TKO, Punch to Ground and Pound   1:44 Round 2 of 3, 6:44 Total Bout Page
Sergei Pavlovich   defeats   Tai Tuivasa   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Roman Dolidze   defeats   Jack Hermansson   via KO/TKO, Punches From Back Control   4:06 Round 2 of 3, 9:06 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Kyle Daukaus   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:45 Round 2 of 3, 7:45 Total Bout Page
Phil Rowe   defeats   Niko Price   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:26 Round 3 of 3, 13:26 Total Bout Page
Angela Hill   defeats   Emily Ducote   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Clay Guida   defeats   Scott Holtzman   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michael Johnson   defeats   Marc Diakiese   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Pearce   defeats   Darren Elkins   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Natan Levy   defeats   Genaro Valdéz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Francis Marshall   defeats   Marcelo Rojo   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:14 Round 2 of 3, 6:14 Total Bout Page
Yazmin Jauregui   defeats   Istela Nunes   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:06 Round 2 of 3, 9:06 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 26

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,737  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32,922
  • Post Score: 91

11.28.2022 | 12:08 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 345th

Tartara is the greatest troll on this site. Playing the role of a karen is genius

* Edited at 11.28.2022, 12:10 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,317  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,858
  • Post Score: -54

11.28.2022 | 12:13 PM ET

Lol

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 783rd

Love how poor Ayy gets dragged into Tartaras rants despite not even being here 🤣

"Positivity is a positive"

ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

11.28.2022 | 12:23 PM ET

☔☔☔

maybe mike will make it rain
like you know who
flashing money to inflict pain
acknowledgment simply shows
how much they fear Big Brain
free reminder every weekend
why big dawgs know Mike's name
Rah123
Rah123

11.28.2022 | 12:28 PM ET

Ccolins

You are trying to reason logic with madness.

Don't waste your time lol 😆 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.28.2022 | 12:34 PM ET

@rah LOL is he actually talking about me?🤣🤣🤣 omg this dude is obsessed. I am really worried for his mental health 

Rah123
Rah123

11.28.2022 | 12:40 PM ET

Ayy

You should be more worried for all our mental health having to listen to him all day 😆 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.28.2022 | 1:00 PM ET

Hahah so true 

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,151  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,805
  • Post Score: -24

11.28.2022 | 1:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 560 Points   |   Tied for 1189th

Thompson vs. Holland
Kevin Holland, SUB, R3
kinda recapping what i've already said in this thread. hats off to wonderboy, great career and all that but this matchup is living hell for him. for the first time in a long time he won't have the reach, length and size advantage in a striking match and holland will look to capitalize on that. wonderboy won't be able to blitz in and out as easily and he definitely won't be able to get his kicks off as easily as he's done in the past - if this fight stays on the feet I envision holland pressuring wonderboy against the cage, wonderboy trying to blitz in, getting caught on the way in, dropped (holland is a middleweight with real middleweight power compared to wonderboy's fragile welterweight chin) and submitted on the ground. now, if holland struggles to close the distance and starts getting outpointed by wonderboy in a stalemate striking battle, make no mistake he WILL look to grapple and submit wonderboy. holland has indicated in the past that if he even comes close to strugglng against an awkward striker, he will grapple (charlie ontiveros fight). his wrestling is also unfairly memed on, put some respect on the only guy to ever take derek brunson down.

dos Anjos vs. Barberena
Rafael dos Anjos, SUB, R1
rda by absolute and total destruction. he can simply do whatever he wants to barbarena. barbarena got outstruck by 100 years old robbie lawler in the first round of their fight while during the same period RDA had a competitive striking match (up until the ko) with one of the most decorated muay thai fighters and strikers in the ufc in rafael fiziev. if he wants to he can for sure outstrike barbarena, but I dont think that that is how the fight is going to play out. RDA has heavily favored wrestling in his later years and barbarena probably has some of the worst anti-wrestling at 170, dude will get taken down at will and when you give a 4th degree bjj black belt 3+ minutes of control time every round, he's simply going to submit you point blank. only favorable thing for barbarena in this matchup is his power (rocked the ever living **** out of leon edwards) but rda is too smart, too well rounded and too experienced to even entertain a brawl with him so that advantage is out the window.

Nicolau vs. Schnell
Matheus Nicolau, DEC
matt schnell is a very weird fighter, at first glance he looks like a very polished striker and then you watch him put himself in those weird striking exchanges and you're instantly like oooooohhhhhhh so that was a ******* joke wasn't it. looking deeper into his striking, the dude has very basic and stationary foot movement and his guard is what we like to call the sean strickland guard, it just exists there as a filler and an accessory, it doesn't actually protect you from anything and it certainly doesn't add anything to his game. adding on to that, he generally likes to drop his hands a lot and is open to any type of counters ( hooks and shovel hooks are probably the type of strikes someone fighting schnell will have the most success with). specifically, he continuously drops his right hand almost after everything he does. double jab? he drops his right hand. leg kick? he drops his right hand. high kick? he drops his right hand. body kick? he drops his right hand. throws a left hook? he drops his right hand. when you're fighting a guy like nicolau who genuinely might have one of the crispiest left hooks in the game, the last thing you want to be doing is dropping your right hand. so my prediction for this fight is nicolau will be catching schnell with crispy hooks (most likely left hooks) and vicious body shots repeatedly and either eventually put him out in the 3rd or coast to a decision. now, i feel bad because this post looks like schnell's obituary so i'm going to present an optimistic but with a lot of luck possible path to victory for schnell here. ASSUMING he doesn't blindly brawl and ASSUMING he doesn't ridiculously glaringly drop his hands each time he does something, schnell has shown he has a small arsenal of different kicks with his right leg. he can start racking up right kicks to the body and leg of nicolau until he eventually baits nicolau and goes upstairs, setting up and landing the picture perfect right head kick (which is how dustin ortiz ko'd nicolau, he kept setting up the right head kick until he managed to penetrate nicolau's guard with it)

Tuivasa vs. Pavlovich
Sergei Pavlovich, TKO, R2
greco roman wrestler and combat sambo player pavlovich is showing up on saturday. it's finally time for pavlovich to showcase his grappling for the first time in the ufc, take tai down, control him for the majority of r1 and soften him up to set up that r2 tko with a massive looping overhand right. simply too short of a turnaround for tai hugely diminishing his winning chances here, when you receive the beating he took from Gane you go home and relax, you don't fight a knockout artist 2 months later. terrible terrible career managing especially considering he could have simply made his comeback on the Perth card instead

Hermansson vs. Dolidze
Jack Hermansson, SUB, R3
jack manages the distance and stays behind the jab and leg kicks for the majority of the fight, lands a late perfectly timed takedown and submits an exhausted dolizde in round 3

Johnson vs. Diakiese
Marc Diakiese, DEC
diakiese all the way, good enough striker to hold his own against johnson on the feet until he lands a takedown. diakiese feints the uppercut, diakese feints the jab, diakiese shoots for a takedown, diakiese controls, diakiese wins, diakiese puts the crowd to sleep. boom.

Elkins vs. Pearce
Jonathan Pearce, TKO, R2
tailor made matchup for jonathan pearce lol *** is the point of this? elkins shoots, gets butchered by a gazillion elbows, finally secures a takedown, gets butchered even more by pearce from bottom, taints the entire octagon with blood, tires himself out and gets finished on the feet in rd2

Cortez vs. Ribas
Amanda Ribas, TKO, R3
damage vs control and how the judges score those 2 things is going to be the story of this fight. the gap in their striking imo is bigger than their gap in their grappling, cortez gets hit a lot on the way in and ribas has showcased above average grappling so far in the ufc. I fully expect the damage dealt by ribas to outweigh the control time amassed by tracy cortez on the scorecards giving her a decision win, picking r3 tko for ribas just for the fun of it because ribas likes to go hogwild in r3 each time shes in a close fight

Jauregui vs. Nunes
Yazmin Jauregui, TKO, R3
nunes has a sick kicking game (watch for the teep kick down the middle and left kick to the body) plus top tier feints and for wmma standards she has elite movement and footwork especially when she's moving backwards (knows when and how to switch stances effectively), also lightning fast hands (peep the left check hook). the catch? she can only keep that type of output and movement for 1 round before she starts gassing out. yazmin on the other hand is more of a boxing/kickboxing type of fighter compared to nunes' muay thai-ish style. yazmin has a sneakily good jab, infinite amount of power behind her hooks and heavy leg kicks(and her patent left high kick to go along) and to top that off she has unlimited cardio and that mexican granite chin. out of all the """"locks"""" on this card, this fight seems to be the one shaping up the most for an upset nunes win and I feel like betting odds and tapology odds are a bit unfair towards her (lucindo momentarily had success with some solid kicks to the body of yazmin so nunes definitely can replicate that with the teep and the left body kick and end up winning a close decision), but gun to my head if I had to pick an outcome I'm sticking to either yazmin by decision or yazmin by r3 tko. I just think her pressure is going to end up breaking nunes and in round 3 she's going to eventually catch nunes with either a left high kick or a nate diaz-esque 1-2 hidden behind the double jab and end up putting her away.

* Edited at 11.28.2022, 2:06 PM ET *

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,088  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

11.28.2022 | 1:16 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 490th

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Rah123
Rah123

11.28.2022 | 3:14 PM ET

Bananas

So then... I should pick

1. Wonderboy
2. Barbarena 
3. Schnell
4. Tuivasa
5. Dolidze
6. Johnson 
7. Elkins
8. Cortez
9. Nunes

Maybe I will put them all in a massive parlay and retire with millions 

Rah123
Rah123

11.28.2022 | 3:22 PM ET

So after that 5 page thesis from Bananas that no one is going to read... let me breakdown a proper MMA analysis on who will really win for all the simple minds on Tapology (E.g. Tartara, Duck, etc etc)

1. Thompson
Big cage > Big mouth

2. RDA
Quality and takedowns vs bad back

3. Nicolau
Striking vs no chin and no defence 

4. Tuivasa
Reach means nothing in a brawl

5. Hermansson 
IQ vs Ape (similar to myself vs Bananas on this forum)

6. Anders
Daukaus got his face smashed recently. Bigger man wins

7. Rowe
Price on the decline 

8. Hill
Experience 

9. Holtzman
Skill vs crazy

10. Diakiese 
Wrestling

11. Pearce
Elkins is done 

12. Cortez
Wrestling >> BJJ

13. Levy
Survive R1

14. Marshall 
Wrestling, survive R1

15. Yasmine 
Cardio

Bananas- that's how you do it. You're welcome 

* Edited at 11.28.2022, 3:28 PM ET *

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,828  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,644
  • Post Score: 261

11.28.2022 | 3:27 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 2678th

Remember  when Rah was calling me ******** for thinking Holland won’t wresle**** Wonderboy. Pepperidge Farm remember 

"Quack quack quack"

Rah123
Rah123

11.28.2022 | 3:29 PM ET

Duck

You're still ********. Nothing has changed 

treschloe
treschloe
  • Predictions:  577  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: -27

11.28.2022 | 3:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 3400th

Elkins vs. Pearce
Jonathan Pearce, TKO
odds arent worth betting. Will be sprinkling Darren by Sub or TKO for fun, but there is a good chance this is throwing money away. Will NOT be on my parlay.

Cortez vs. Ribas
Amanda Ribas, SUB
Think Ribad was robbed BLIND vs chook. Have to stick with her here again. I think Ribas is more well rounded in striking, kicks and BJJ. Only concern is if tracy will have a wrestling adv. Otherwise all arrows point to ribas for me. Mid tier parlay play

Levy vs. Valdéz
Natan Levy, TKO
Starting to have a big belief in the syndicate MMA gym. Lets hope that train continues on after this fight. mid tier parlay play.

Marshall vs. Rojo
Marcelo Rojo, TKO
Dog water fight here. francis's stand up striking didnt look very appealing to me in his contender series fight, lots of lead jabs and overhand punches. He mostly shines in ground and pound. Willing to roll bones on this as well. bad year for a zero on his record. Low/mid play on parlay. could very well start out card 0-2.

Jauregui vs. Nunes
Istela Nunes, TKO
both are stand up strikers, which in a womens fight is begging for a greasy split decision to start the card. Willing to roll the dice against an undefeated fighter. Bad year to have that zero on your record. Worth looking at the sprinkle of win by split dec, win by tko props. will be low on my parlay.

"Okay Flaming Dragon, f***face. First, take a big step back... and literally f*** your own face!"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.28.2022 | 3:30 PM ET

Honestly levy can get it done inside round 1. Valdez is really bad and can punch himself out in half a round depending on the pace 

treschloe
treschloe
  • Predictions:  577  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: -27

11.28.2022 | 3:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 3400th

Thompson vs. Holland
Kevin Holland, SUB
Full plan to hedge. such a close fight here. Stephen could do great with distance control and keeping this on the feet. But in the same sentence holland could close the gap and show his BJJ off greatly. such a coin flip. Top tier play.

dos Anjos vs. Barberena
Rafael dos Anjos, TKO
Bryan is a warrior and is on his own vet killing tour, but RDA isnt ready for the taking. This will be a greatly entertaining fight int he first RD, but RDA should get rhythm and pull away quickly.

Nicolau vs. Schnell
Matheus Nicolau, DEC
Schnell showed heart that you can not buy in his last war but took so much damage in the process. Scared to take a man with that quick of a turnaround after a bloodbath like that.... mid tier play at best.

Tuivasa vs. Pavlovich
Tai Tuivasa, TKO
you are telling me tai is a dog after coming off the war he just had with ciryl??? if its foolish to bet a man with that big of a dog in him then im a damn fool. Mid/high tier play.

Hermansson vs. Dolidze
Jack Hermansson, DEC
Jack seems to be making huge striking advantages and should be able to handle this challenge well on a last minute opponent change. Mid/high tier parlay play.

Anders vs. Daukaus
Eryk Anders, TKO
close call, rolling on Eryk slightly. Mid/high tier play. Scares me.

Price vs. Rowe
Niko Price, DEC
Close fight, price is taking this challenge with a major reach disadvantage. Hoping he can keep this on the feet and win scrambles in what could very well be a close fight or a true blaster. Low/mid tier parlay play.

Hill vs. Ducote
Angela Hill, TKO
Hill's luck has seemed to turn with her BIG win over godinez. Hoping for a continuation of that luck here with a striking advantage vs ducote. Always bold to take angela ... mid tier parlay play

Guida vs. Holtzman
Scott Holtzman, DEC
If scott can withhold his composure he should be fine. But lord Guida is good at making opponents panic and throw all plans out the window. low/mid parlay play.

Johnson vs. Diakiese
Michael Johnson, DEC
Im willing to gamble that orlando crowd and judges will not enjoy ground control with out sub attempts and valuable damage by strikes. For that reason im pointing to johnson by decision, think they will stand them up a few times here and johnson will have the adv on the feet. Bold take, will be low on parlay. potential prop play also

"Okay Flaming Dragon, f***face. First, take a big step back... and literally f*** your own face!"

Andrew1047
Andrew1047
  • Predictions:  4,311  |  82.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,813
  • Post Score: -82

11.28.2022 | 4:20 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 690 Points   |   209th Place

Tai is going to sleep here and it's not going to be pretty. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 19 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
Andrew1047
Andrew1047
  • Predictions:  4,311  |  82.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,813
  • Post Score: -82

11.28.2022 | 4:22 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 690 Points   |   209th Place

His management need to be fired, trying to give this guy CTE. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 19 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
Dennis1990
Dennis1990
  • Predictions:  320  |  57.5%
  • Forum Posts:  85
  • Post Score: -85

11.28.2022 | 5:34 PM ET

Scott Holtzman’s last fight?

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 844th

How much will that affect the outcome of this fight?
ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

11.28.2022 | 5:41 PM ET

it certainly may

do you hear that?...

what's that sound?!

Page 26

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : There is ‘Great Positivity’ That the UFC 303 Headliner Between Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Will Move Forward
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC, RIZIN announce talent swap partnership with bareknuckle fights headed to Japan
  • Jits Magazine : Polaris Announces First Ever Gi Grand Prix
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC partners with RIZIN on co-promoted events, talent exchange, expansion into Japan
  • MMA Mania : Hall Pass? Rockhold Wants UFC Return Vs. ‘Fake Little B—ch’ Strickland
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC partners with RIZIN on co-promoted events, talent exchange, and expansion into Japan
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland responds to Luke Rockhold's callout: 'Xtreme? I'll f*ck you up for fun'
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Updated PFL Newcastle Fight Card!
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes fully expects Jon Jones to retire after Stipe Miocic, considers Tom Aspinall a tougher fight
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White's Contender Series, Season 8 roster filling out with UFC hopefuls
  • MMA Mania : Jimmy Smith Returns At Bellator Dublin!
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Talks Conor McGregor, Claims UFC Party Animal’s ‘Mental Warfare’ Matches Muhammad Ali
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier says UFC middleweight division similar to a circus: 'Queue the clown music'
  • MMA Mania : What The Hell Is This Crap?
  • MMA Junkie : Is Conor McGregor still fighting Michael Chandler at UFC 303? Here's what we know
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier reveals numerous injuries suffered at UFC 302 vs. Islam Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier reveals all injuries suffered in loss to Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • Middle Easy : Tony Ferguson’s Next UFC Foe Michael Chiesa: ‘It’s Not Like They Threw Him To The Wolves’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC adds Azat Maksum vs. CJ Vergara to Abu Dhabi fight card