Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,941
  • Post Score: 46

05.05.2022 | 1:01 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.06.2022 at 07:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Interviews: Michael Bisping | Backstage: Heidi Androl
  • TV Ratings: 734,000 avg. viewers (490k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jamahal Hill   defeats   Thiago Santos   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:31 Round 4 of 5, 17:31 Total Bout Page
Geoff Neal   defeats   Vicente Luque   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:01 Round 3 of 3, 12:01 Total Bout Page
Mohammed Usman   defeats   Zac Pauga   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   0:36 Round 2 of 3, 5:36 Total Bout Page
Juliana Miller   defeats   Brogan Walker   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:57 Round 3 of 3, 13:57 Total Bout Page
Serghei Spivac   defeats   Augusto Sakai   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:42 Round 2 of 3, 8:42 Total Bout Page
Terrance McKinney   defeats   Erick Gonzalez   via Submission, Standing Rear Naked Choke   2:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Sam Alvey   via KO/TKO, Left Cross   1:56 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bryan Battle   defeats   Takashi Sato   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   0:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Cory McKenna   defeats   Miranda Granger   via Submission, Von Flue Choke   1:03 Round 2 of 3, 6:03 Total Bout Page
Mayra Bueno Silva   defeats   Stephanie Egger   via Submission, Armbar   1:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 11

Hippie
Hippie

08.01.2022 | 6:54 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2309th

AC0293
AC0293
  • Predictions:  768  |  52.0%
  • Forum Posts:  133
  • Post Score: 29

08.01.2022 | 7:01 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1311th

Oleksiejczuk vs. Alvey
Sam Alvey, TKO, R2
I'm gonna take the flier on this one... hell I might even throw $10 on it. Michal destroys Sam the first round, he somehow gets out of it, and lights Michal up beginning of round two for the surprise TKO... I can see it now, mouths dripping, all the critics behind the scenes kissing their own asses... lol. 😂 if not then Sam really needs to FINALLY ride off into the sunset.

"Walk by Faith, not by sight."

GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

08.01.2022 | 7:03 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 19th with 1 other

Santos vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
Santos has an amazing chin but this is where, at 205, I think it gets cracked. Hill's precision and his power go together very well and he's extremely mobile for a guy as big as he is. Terrible combination for Santos, who struggles with movement and fighters with good movement.

Luque vs. Neal
Vicente Luque, SUB, R1
Luque is possibly undervalued on the odds here. Neal didn't look great against Santiago, and although Luque lost to Belal, there's a decent case for Belal being a top 5 welterweight right now. Worlds apart in competition compared to Ponzinibbio.

Oleksiejczuk vs. Alvey
Michał Oleksiejczuk, TKO, R1
Honestly surprised me to see how young Michal is. Feels like he's been around forever; you wouldn't expect him to be 27. Either way, don't know why Alvey is still with the UFC. I could speculate but that's not worth it. Michal by brutal KO

Sato vs. Battle
Takashi Sato, DEC
Underdog pick. Battle's striking isn't great, but Sato's tdd can be atrocious sometimes. That being said, I think Sato should work him on the feet.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,941  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  33,202
  • Post Score: 91

08.01.2022 | 7:51 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1107th

@rah because I watch tape and switch my pick? You reach for everything to flame me🤣🤣🤣

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 7:51 AM ET

Your picks suck btw I’ve absolutely blown you out of the water the past few cards 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 7:55 AM ET

Judging by your rant I can see you tried to tail my picks and got made when you got them wrong. Try actually making your own dumbass. I know you don’t know anything so you need to tail others tho 💋 

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,305  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,948
  • Post Score: 247

08.01.2022 | 7:57 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 457th

Rah is basically diet Bracket. Also its super ironic that he complains about you bragging about picks when that's exactly what he does. Dude won't shut up about pick% like it matters at all. 

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 7:58 AM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 7:59 AM ET

He made an account and was all buddy buddy asking for my opinion and now has a hate boner because he lost all his money on arman and was mad I thought he won🤣🤣🤣🤣 must feel bad having a fragile ego like that 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 7:59 AM ET

I also can’t understand his rant; idgaf if people tail my picks or not. I don’t make them for people to tail 

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,305  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,948
  • Post Score: 247

08.01.2022 | 8:14 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 457th

I'll never understand why people are so serious on here about picks. Does he even have fun making picks, if not why tf does he bother posting here? I wouldn't be here if I took picks as seriously as he does.

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 8:15 AM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 8:15 AM ET

Idk but people do take picks way too seriously. It’s fantasy mma, they hold no weight in the real world yet it’s like social credit score here🤣

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,551  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,847
  • Post Score: 142

08.01.2022 | 8:26 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2672nd

Santos vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, DEC
Hoping for another good week to follow up last week. This card is a little tougher to predict but I think I have a handle on most of it. Here's hoping! Main event - since Santos's injury he just has not looked the same. Tentative, slower, less willing to engage. And I think Hill will bring it to him and put it on him. I don't think Hill will stay on the ground after what happened with Craig and I've heard his get up game is good, even if he gets taken down. I think volume and pace will be too much and though a lot is made of Hill's power I actually think he is more a volume striker and Santos is durable so I see this going longer, likely even to decision.

Luque vs. Neal
Vicente Luque, DEC
This could be closer than expected. Unlikely to hit the ground but if it does then Luque has the better BJJ. But on the feet I think Luque has the edge with more varied strikes. There was a time when people thought he would challenge for the belt and I think he is still a top contender. Neal I am not so sure tbh since coming back from his medical issues. I could be wrong about this one but I am siding with Luque.

Pauga vs. Usman
Zac Pauga, DEC
I have only watched one fight of Usman in Bellator and never ever want to see him fight again. So sorry I did not watch tape for this and don't plan to so I may get this wrong. But I do not rate Usman at all and think his gas tank and fight IQ is dog****. That said he trains with the best team and this is HW so who knows. I think Zac will be much smaller and will depend on wrestling but I am picking him over that guy. I don't care if I get this wrong.

Miller vs. Walker
Brogan Walker, DEC
Brogan seems to be better everywhere and could be a real prospect in the making. Miller seems to depend mainly on her ground game and submissions but has fought nowhere near the same level of competition. Brogan also has a win over Maverick which I rate.

Sakai vs. Spivak
Sergey Spivak, TKO, R2
Sakai could be dangerous in round 1 and if Spivak gasses but he is so slow. I expect Spivak to put him on the fence, chain wrestle him and take him down and then pound him out. Pretty confident in this one but Spivak has been know to **** the bed occasionally.

Lipski vs. Cachoeira
Ariane Lipski, DEC
This a bit of a no brainer. The gorgeous Lipski should absolutely light up Cachabeating from distance and smash her on the feet and on the ground, Better everywhere including in the looks department. You know who the UFC wants to promote.

Oleksiejczuk vs. Alvey
Michał Oleksiejczuk, DEC
I am a little worried about this fight with Michael being much smaller. But he should be faster too. The odds are completely ridiculous and I'd advise anyone betting to stay away, we don't really know what Alvey has left in the tank and he is fighting for his career. I am not sure that Michal is as good as he is made out to be. Picking him but be careful with him in parlays.

McKinney vs. Gonzalez
Terrance McKinney, TKO, R1
Gonzales is not a bad fighter, but needs space and distance. He does not do well when pressured and crowded. And I wonder what McKinney is going to do...

Sato vs. Battle
Bryan Battle, DEC
I see a lot of people on Sato, not really sure why. Battle should take him down and piece him up easily over 3 rounds. Sato's only hope in my view is a punchers chance, can't rule it out but don't think its that likely.

Witt vs. Quinlan
Josh Quinlan, TKO, R1
Dangerous fight to pick because I don't know enough about Quinlan, but the one thing I do know is Witt has no chin and Josh has power. If at any point in the 15 minutes he catches Witt I think it's over, wheras Witt will have to grind him out for the whole 15. I think Josh catches him at some point.

McKenna vs. Granger
Cory McKenna, SUB, R2
Granger is back after a long break. And even though McKenna fought the stupidest game plan in the history of MMA in her last fight (apart from the genius that is Jared Vanderaa vs Chase Sherman) I don't think the same mistake will be made twice. Sure Granger has a huge reach advantage but that's not going to help when she is horizontal and I see McKenna getting in close and taking her down and controlling her till she gets a sub.

Bueno Silva vs. Egger
Stephanie Egger, SUB, R3
Egger's Judo is too good and she is too strong. Her striking isn't bad either. She will get it down to the ground at some point and then Silva will be on her back for the rest of the round I am guessing. Will also likely begin to gas out and I could see a late submission/TKO for Egger.

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 8:33 AM ET *

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,131  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,240
  • Post Score: 138

08.01.2022 | 8:28 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1817th

I've blocked like 12 accounts since I learned this feature existed like 2 weeks ago. Greatest thing ever.

No offense but to everyone else that continues to reply to the mouth breathing baby brains who are only here to talk **** and brag about how much money they t0Tal1y w0n gambling big buck$, you're part of the problem.

paulopasta
paulopasta

08.01.2022 | 8:41 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 360 Points   |   Tied for 2776th

I use this website for fun. If someone is on here to troll and say dumb stuff about other people then idk what they are doing on this site. If you want to troll go on Instagram or Twitter
Goldy99
Goldy99
  • Predictions:  1,331  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  67
  • Post Score: 127

08.01.2022 | 9:16 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 833rd

Cory McKenna vs Miranda Granger 
Cory McKenna, DEC
The one fight on the card where its an absolute toss up, the reach advantage for Granger is a red flag for me but funnily enough I have not seen the striking credentials from her that she even knows how to use it. The wrestling from Mckenna will be a big advantage for her in this fight, I just hope the size of Granger doesn't intimidate Mckenna. The jiu jitsu advantage definitely goes to Granger but I believe even at such a young age she has a good enough fight IQ to stay away from danger on the ground.
Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,639  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,444
  • Post Score: 152

08.01.2022 | 11:10 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 1961st

Santos vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
Santos and the apex mixes as well as Red Bull and Milk. He is more durable at 205 but I think Hill will not fear his power and ko Santos

Luque vs. Neal
Geoff Neal, DEC
In a 50/50 fight I'm going with the underdog

Pauga vs. Usman
Zac Pauga, DEC
Usman is trash

Miller vs. Walker
Brogan Walker, DEC
Walker has way more experience and has a win over Miranda maverick. She's somehow an underdog

Sakai vs. Spivak
Augusto Sakai, TKO, R3
Sakai has taken too much damage in his last 3 fights. I think spivak with take him down and elbow the **** out of him

Lipski vs. Cachoeira
Priscila Cachoeira, DEC
Lipski doesn't impress me at all. Losing to Antonina Shevchenko by ground and pound is like getting out grappled by wonderboy

Oleksiejczuk vs. Alvey
Michał Oleksiejczuk, TKO, R1
185 is the right division for Michal. There is no right division for Sam alvey he's trash

McKinney vs. Gonzalez
Terrance McKinney, TKO, R1
Have the stretcher ready cageside. This won't last a minute

Sato vs. Battle
Bryan Battle, SUB, R3
If Battle isn't too depleted from the weight cut he should win this. He's the bigger guy & and Sato struggles against grapplers

Witt vs. Quinlan
Josh Quinlan, TKO, R1
Witt has the worst chin in the UFC. Hopefully Quinlan doesn't gas out like most DWCS fighters

McKenna vs. Granger
Miranda Granger, DEC
Both trash I'm going underdog

Bueno Silva vs. Egger
Stephanie Egger, DEC
Egger shouldn't be the underdog

Goldy99
Goldy99
  • Predictions:  1,331  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  67
  • Post Score: 127

08.01.2022 | 11:34 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 833rd

Takashi Sato vs Bryan Battle 
Bryan Battle, SUB, R2 

I think Sato taking a lay off has actually made him much worse against Nelson he looked incredibly gun shy and that was against a Gunnar Nelson who took double the time of a lay off that Sato had. I believe Battle will dictate anywhere this fight goes using his kicks and movement also mixing in his take down's aswell. I just hope Battle has his weight cut dialed in for this fight coming down a weight class and won't affect his chin durability aswell. If Gunnar is able to take Sato's back then I believe Battle will too and succeed in a rear naked choke that Gunnar couldn't. 
ImRealUgly
ImRealUgly
  • Predictions:  2,300  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,204
  • Post Score: 131

08.01.2022 | 12:03 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 245 Points   |   Tied for 3997th

Just realized that a lot of fighters could be cut if they lose this Saturday. Cachoeira, Sakai, Alvey, Sato, and Witt are all on the verge of being cut this week IMO. 

"Echoes of past events, nudge the tiller on my present course. I await its reflection in the future."

MaxDai
MaxDai

08.01.2022 | 12:20 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4346th

Pauga vs. Usman
Mohammed Usman
Mohammad Usman will win this fight because he's the brother of Kamaru Usman. Although he's been training with Julianna Peña, his brother will definitely help him get the big W and the contract.

SplitDecision3027
SplitDecision3027
  • Predictions:  204  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  385
  • Post Score: 107

08.01.2022 | 1:12 PM ET

I'mrealugly

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 1961st

Good point. Almost a prospect vs vet card isnt it
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 10 minutes from now.

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 predictions: Alex Perez or Tatsuro Taira in Las Vegas?
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker vs. Ikram Aliskerov: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC on ABC 6 headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Adam Fugitt thinks UFC on ESPN 58 fight with Quinlan is 'winner stays, loser goes home'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 play-by-play and live results (7:30 p.m. ET)
  • Jits Magazine : Polaris 28 Live Results, Play-by-play, Analysis, Highlights, More
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 93 full results, live streaming updates: Perez vs. Taira
  • Jits Magazine : Majestic BJJ Challenge Announce First Ever Dedicated Kids Event For 2024
  • MMA Mania : Gervonta Davis vs Frank Martin, live streaming play-by-play updates
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 93 Results: Perez vs. Taira
  • Jits Magazine : Max Gimenis And Adam Bradley Join Craig Jones Invitational
  • Bad Left Hook : Tank Davis vs Frank Martin: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Three Former Champions Invited To ADCC 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : Matias vs Paro: Live updates and results, 7:30 pm ET
  • Bad Left Hook : Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2: Live updates and results, 1:30 pm ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Silva vs. Sonnen Results: Live updates of the main event and undercard
  • MMAFighting.com : Tank vs. Martin Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : Gervonta Davis vs. Frank Martin: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : David Benavidez vs. Oleksandr Gvozdyk: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Watch Pereira Agree To Save UFC 303 At The Last Second