Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 57

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,039
  • Post Score: 215

10.02.2022 | 9:59 AM ET

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf
  • Predictions:  1,923  |  55.3%
  • Forum Posts:  706
  • Post Score: 275

10.03.2022 | 11:05 AM ET

Mobilization day 12 - 'Kadyrov sends 3 sons to the front', UKR surrounds 'Russian' city again

Things are not going so well in ""Russia"" because after Lyman, Ukrainian tanks are now advancing in "Russian" region of Kherson and there too, just like in Lyman, the city of Beryslav is reportedly surrounded by a pincer movement. Soon Kherson city will thus be within reach of Ukrainian HIMARS, making Russian supplies extremely difficult. Ukraine is also rolling in unabated in the Kharkiv region. Not surprisingly, a Kremlin spokesperson admitted today that Russia doesn't know exactly how much territory it will annex from Kherson and Zaporizhzia. Russia will "continue to consult the populations" - lol, again!

In other news that will change the course of the war, Chechen chieftain Ramzan Kadyrov has indicated in his Telegram group that he will send his three sons to Ukraine to do the job. Well, Kiev, dig in. Kadyrov also reports that he is sending his 96th Operational Regiment, consisting of "exceptionally experienced fighters" to Ukraine. But we're pretty well acquainted with Chechen military aesthetics, and this group looks like they've been sc****d from the bottom, because they are. (Click on the link https://t.me/RKadyrov_95/2918 )

By the way the Duma reports the death of three mobilized soldiers, one committed suicide, the other two died of alcohol poisoning and liver failure. (Link https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1576887102511276032?s=20&t=YKbQchx9A2WQ5ZQqsUSg1g)

* Edited at 10.03.2022, 11:08 AM ET *

"Time is the enemy. "

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,264  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,240
  • Post Score: 331

10.03.2022 | 11:35 AM ET

Nice work @gobaz. Been trying to explain for months this was a battle of sustainment. Russia vs the West and Europe. Guess who has had more inventory, money and can make more weapons. 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

10.03.2022 | 5:06 PM ET

@Baz that info is somewhat outdated. The latest is that the push in Kherson didn't got as planned. Ukraine lost a significant number of tanks and armoured vehicles in that exchange, and it was unsuccessful. RSM has footage of it. I also wouldn't underestimate the Chechen forces, they are very good troops and excellent at this type of warfare. It was the Chechens who lead the spearheads into Mariupol after all. They didn't go away, they just got cycled out for leave. Well the ones not dead, anyway.

I don't like to wish death and suffering on anybody but I will just put it out there that Ramzan probably deserves both of those things as much as anybody ever has. That said he'd never risk his progeny in any real conflict. He'll send other people's kids to die in the bad stuff.

I also think MSM is making a bit of a mountain out of the molehill that is Lyman. We're talking about an area of about 20 square kilometres with a population under 20000 people.To give that some perspective, Russia has currently annexed about 136000 square KM's of territory--that is goling by MSM reports, which are likely to be conservative. It's strategically significant because there's a railway junction there--though how much that matters now that the entire electrical grid, as well as railway lines have been destroyed and have to be rebuilt from the ground up is highly debatable. Russia didn't really put up much of a fight trying to hold it and were pretty thin on the ground there to begin with, which leads me to believe they didn't regard it as very significant for some reason. Ukraine taking it back is bad PR for Russia however, and Ramzan threw a ****fit about it.

Biggest news of concern for me is that Russia has supposedly mobilised a nuclear sub. I don't like the term 'tactical nuke' because it implies some degree of control over something that is still decidedly a weapon of pure indiscriminate carnage. There are no 'tactical' nuclear weapons. I don't think they'll start slinging them over Lyman but it's definitely a severe turn for the worse in the direction this conflict is going.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/03/putin-deploys-worlds-largest-submarine-nuclear-convoy/

* Edited at 10.03.2022, 5:09 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 3 weeks, 4 days, 23 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.03.2022 | 5:31 PM ET

Der Untergang. Using or threatening retaliatory weapons is so '45.
Putin and his accomplices resemble Hitler so much that Stalin would be deeply ashamed. After all, after the sacrifice of millions of his compatriots, Stalin could really and unlied claim victory.

Btw the consequences of a nuclear war were once very beautifully described in the novel 'On the beach', by Nevil Shute (A classic).

* Edited at 10.03.2022, 5:47 PM ET *

"Time is the enemy. "

****les
****les

10.03.2022 | 5:46 PM ET

There's really no difference between late-stage communism and late-stage fascism. It's all skinning cats.

I'd like to believe that Ukraine's capturing of Lyman could be viewed as some kind of turning point in this war, but I don't view it that way. The big push from the mobilisation hasn't yet begun. Those forces haven't even arrived. And now we're allegedly at the point of Nukes.

**** everything about this thing. And our species. Maybe it's time we handed this planet back to trees and birds.

* Edited at 10.03.2022, 5:48 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 3 weeks, 4 days, 23 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.03.2022 | 6:30 PM ET

Could it be that the Russians already deployed a nuclear weapon, but the thing simply didn't go off?
I've also had fireworks get wet in the past, didn't enjoy it at all.

The fact that the Russians had once won against the Germans was partly due to the enormous amounts of material they had received from the US.
Now they boast that they then defeated the Nazi's.
But they prefer to forget that the winter and the US had quite a lot to do with it.

"Time is the enemy. "

****les
****les

10.03.2022 | 7:05 PM ET

It's wishful thinking on behalf of the West to think that Russia's arms cache consists of outdated and nonfunctional weaponry. It's not going to up there with NATO stuff, but it's still plenty effective enough to get the job done. 

It's a bit like the guy who has been doing earthworks at my place the last month or so. He carries around his pozitrack and 5 tonne excavator on a b-model truck from the 60's. I asked him about this and be said 'Ten cubic meters of old dirt and concrete or machinery doesn't know what it's being carried in'. I suppose the point is just because it isn't new doesn't mean it doesn't work. Russkis have captured plenty of top-shelf NATO tanks and armour since this thing began.

If Russia's weaponry was just papier mache' then the US would have assassinated Vlad and caused regime change years ago they way they do and have done in Africa, The Middle East and South America. They haven't. Which probably means Russia is carrying some serious force and doing that isn't easy.

The way I understand it whatever fissile material is in nukes has a very fast rate of decay. So if they were used we wouldn't be looking at levels of persistent radiation that were toxic to human and all life for generations like the Chernobyl meltdown, but the blast zone would still be very dangerous for about a year and would still not be somewhere you wanted to live for about 5. The immediate and flow-on effects would be catastrophic.

****les
****les

10.03.2022 | 8:16 PM ET

All Elon did was suggest that Ukraine and Russia should negotiate peace, and that should be based around Ukraine recognising pro-Russian areas as being legitimately absorbed into Russia. This has been going on for eight years. It's not an unreasonable suggestion.

****les
****les

10.03.2022 | 8:21 PM ET

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,794
  • Post Score: 273

10.03.2022 | 8:30 PM ET

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.03.2022 | 8:53 PM ET

****les I can't reveal it yet (I will anyway), but we are also going to Ukraine for a long weekend with the company. Nice to shoot those Russians to shreds and good for team building. 

That is something different than stone grilling and the escape room.

"Time is the enemy. "

****les
****les

10.03.2022 | 9:15 PM ET

...you're going to Ukraine?
Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.03.2022 | 9:34 PM ET

Thank god no. This was a desperate attempt to stir up (whether present or not) satire here. No, I'm staying in my attic room to write comments on foreign forums while I'm sitting on my lounger.

"Time is the enemy. "

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

10.03.2022 | 9:57 PM ET

You guys are bastards 

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

10.03.2022 | 9:57 PM ET

I'm seriously here 

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.03.2022 | 10:21 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.04.2022 | 6:59 AM ET

flying_frontkick I'm not a bastard, I'm an airplane!

"Time is the enemy. "

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.04.2022 | 7:15 AM ET

"Time is the enemy. "

****les
****les

10.04.2022 | 3:45 PM ET

Page 57

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for June 4-8
  • MMA Mania : White Left Speechless About Tyson Cancelation: ‘I Know A Lot About It’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 post-fight show: Reaction to Islam Makhachev’s dramatic war with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Mania : ‘For Anybody To Call Islam The Pound-For-Pound Best Fighter In The World When Jon Jones Is Still F—king Fighting Is Nuts’
  • MMA Mania : Sooo ... About Last Night
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Can Stay Around Here For As Long As He Wants To’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Think This Could Be It’
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC Fight Night: UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 bonuses: Islam Makhachev double-dips for $100,000 in thriller vs. Dustin Poirier
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 bonuses: Islam Makhachev doubles up for extra $100K
  • MMA Mania : Scorecards! ‘Diamond’ Doomed Coming Into 5th
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Holland Banks $50K For Breaking An Arm
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev taps Dustin Poirier with D’Arce choke to retain title in thrilling UFC 302 main event
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev taps Dustin Poirier with nasty D’arce choke to retain title in thrilling UFC 302 main event
  • MMA Junkie : 'One of the best fights I've seen': Social media reacts to Islam Makhachev's submission of Dustin Poirier at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 post-fight press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘That hurt’: Pros react to Dustin Poirier losing to Islam Makhachev in grueling UFC 302 war
  • Middle Easy : Champ Islam Makhachev Taps Out Dustin Poirier, Puts Diamond’s Career In Question – UFC 302 Results (Highlights)