Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,813
  • Post Score: 46

01.30.2022 | 8:32 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Ketlen Vieira   defeats   Holly Holm   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Santiago Ponzinibbio   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chidi Njokuani   defeats   Duško Todorović   via KO/TKO, Elbow   4:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tabatha Ricci   defeats   Polyana Viana   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jun Yong Park   defeats   Eryk Anders   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joseph Holmes   defeats   Alen Amedovski   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:04 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Parker Porter   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Uros Medic   defeats   Omar Morales   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:05 Round 2 of 3, 8:05 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Martinez   defeats   Vince Morales   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Felipe Colares   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:00 Round 3 of 3, 13:00 Total Bout Page
Sam Hughes   defeats   Elise Reed   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Mount   3:52 Round 3 of 3, 13:52 Total Bout Page

Page 91

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,785  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32,994
  • Post Score: 91

05.24.2022 | 12:59 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1972nd

Well ya but people are dumb af for betting on a 40 year old who hadn’t fought in 2.5 years, weather she should have won the fight or not. Mma is quite literally THE most unpredictable sport there is and 99% you’re never going to beat the market. Instead of *****ing about judging, people should bet on sports where they can actually make profit like NBA (not that anyone can actually be profitable on sports betting. Only like 1% of people who actively sports bet make a good profit)

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,315
  • Post Score: 283

05.24.2022 | 1:00 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 6 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 634th

Over the past few years this forum has become a hotbed for mma betting and discussion. That’s fine and often interesting.  Over the time I’ve been here,to the best of my recollection, there is no obligation to gamble or even make picks for that matter to have opinions and discuss topics on the sport. This is a free forum. If you find any of us to be trolls stop offering the feed. You all have every right to your own opinions and to discuss them. I can see arguments for either winner. My main point has been, IMO, neither fighter did enough damage to be “robbed”. I did feel the damage was against Holm but it wasn’t overwhelming enough to say there’s no argument for the control. Personally I took Holm and needed her for other leagues. I personally don’t feel robbed. 

That’s just like my opinion though, man. 

MrTapology

* Edited at 05.24.2022, 3:08 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

HiDefff
HiDefff

05.24.2022 | 1:01 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2611th

NFL is where the money is. we will have to talk when preseason starts. 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  13,368  |  72.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,548
  • Post Score: 13

05.24.2022 | 1:04 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1360th

if your betting a -250 favorite and it goes to a split then it is not a good bet. the judges will only work in your favor sometimes. 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.24.2022 | 1:08 PM ET

Like fish said, I only bet for fun, not for profit. For as much as I know about the sport, I don’t know **** about correctly picking fights and again, this sport is so unbelievably unpredictable that it’s not even worth it. The house always wins

HiDefff
HiDefff

05.24.2022 | 3:50 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2611th

yungletti
yungletti
  • Predictions:  26  |  57.7%
  • Forum Posts:  69
  • Post Score: 145

05.24.2022 | 6:43 PM ET

Tbh I'm not really understanding why this is the fight to call out the ****** judging when there have been numerous other fights just this year that were way more ********. For example, Sal D'Amato gave Holm the win this fight, yet he gave Hermansson the win vs Strickland a few months ago, which I think everyone can agree made absolutely zero sense. And honestly, the fact that he gave Hermansson that win makes it hard for me to believe that he was right in this occasion. This fight was way closer than the Hermansson-Strickland fight too. Personally, I think Holm may have won due to her more dynamic strategy, but her flurry of punches looked like an autistic kid swatting at flies. Still, she has good kicks and neutralized Vieira by clinching her, but Vieira was lighting Holm's face up with her more effective boxing. I don't think this fight was nearly as one-sided as people have been making it out to be, and if we're gonna complain about ****** judging, let's talk about the Hermansson-Strickland fight because that one was waaaaay more egregious. And I'm sure there are other great examples as well.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.24.2022 | 6:46 PM ET

Modaferri vs O’Neil is my personal favorite. I have ZERO idea how you could give one round to Roxy let alone all three. That had to have been a pre-determined scorecard 

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,090  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

05.24.2022 | 6:52 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 1097th

How much money was the worldwide bets on Holms... on Amanda... etc... etc... ! You are welcome ! 

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

05.24.2022 | 7:05 PM ET

Every week I’m gonna bet x amount of $ (significant to what one  can afford) on mma fights likely to go to decision, ***** about the corrupt decision weekly but take no accountability for my own actions or decisions to bet….maybe a bit of self reflection would help some. I doubt your decision to wager as much as the decision of the judges at times. I’m very far from many of you super well read, astute, well spoken, articulate or educated suckas on these boards or any room I’ve ever walked in but sounds like problem that’s your own. Like is that kinda helping define the definition of insanity?  Regrettably I didn’t pay much efforts to school so..idk. Seems a bit cra to me though. 

* Edited at 05.24.2022, 7:19 PM ET *

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,386  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,173
  • Post Score: 135

05.24.2022 | 7:24 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1779th

My favorite ever on judging is when Chael Sonnen was talking about a judge, who is currently still judging and we all know him (we can probably guess who), gave a few examples on how he judges fights.  One of those takes was:

"If I see a wrestler get a kickboxer down, well that won't mean much to me.  But if I see a kickboxer take down a wrestler, well I am going to score that because I know that wrestler doesn't want to be there."

Start at the 14:00 mark if you want all of the context.  The quote above is from around the 15:30 mark.  I implore you all to listen to this brief part of the video.  It is something that has played a part in me not pulling the trigger on some fights and saving my ass from bad or perceived bad decisions.

* Edited at 05.24.2022, 7:24 PM ET *

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

TARTARA
TARTARA

05.24.2022 | 7:26 PM ET

I never bet, not even a single cent ! 
But all i know is that everything circles around the money, so it will be very interesting to know how much money was the worldwide bets in some big Ls... ! So we can compare between them, and try to see what really happens and why they allowed all these things... !

If you really like the betting talks, you should already had made a betting thread, but probably you don't even bet !

Anyways... 
Feel free to spam all the threads again with your bettings odds, units, underdogs and all the rest... !

@TARTARA 

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

05.24.2022 | 7:31 PM ET

If you don’t bet you have no right to post here. 😝 💗 

TheMess63
TheMess63
  • Predictions:  7,761  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,252
  • Post Score: 137

05.24.2022 | 7:34 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3065th

if you don't bet you don't have no right to speak on the corruption in sports betting. the money that rides on these decisions is paramount. everyone has there right to a opinion about the decisions. its pretty clear that a split decision is not unanimous. one judge saw it for holm. One of the 3 most important votes saw it for holm. that right there says enough. there is arguement to be made. pick a side. no one will have definitive answer ever. maybe a 5 man judge team would be better. but as of right now there is no consistency displayed anywhere in mma judging 

* Edited at 05.24.2022, 7:40 PM ET *

"Records are for djs"

TARTARA
TARTARA

05.24.2022 | 7:35 PM ET

@loudenSwain

True True L☻L !

* Edited at 05.24.2022, 7:38 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

05.24.2022 | 7:45 PM ET

I’ve said the judges and commissions were corrupt since before I’ve made my account here…or Cecil Peoples, let alone some random poster saying what people have the right to talk about.  LMFAO at that. I bet occasionally and will talk about whatever the the **** I want regardless. Good luck stopping that, cupcake. Regardless of the corrupt, you  know it’s corrupt and likely to go to Dec.  Yet you still make the bet and lost the act surprised and pissed when it happens again. That’s on you boo. I’d love a five judge system and accountable judging and reffing. That be tits. That said, be accountable knowing that and where you put your money. 

TARTARA
TARTARA

05.24.2022 | 7:47 PM ET

@chrispm

I don't think that is going to change anything, it's the whole system made in that way, so it's always going to work like this ! ( Just my opinion ! )

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,264  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,250
  • Post Score: 331

05.24.2022 | 7:54 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1635th

burn is all down!

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

TheMess63
TheMess63
  • Predictions:  7,761  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,252
  • Post Score: 137

05.24.2022 | 7:56 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3065th

maybe i worded that incorrectly,  you have right to post whatever you want. but who is going to listen to someone that has 0% of knowledge or experience in what they're speaking about.  I agree with all of your points. i'm fully acountable for picking holm on tap, a few parlays, and draftkings. Ive been playing dfs for 10+ years. its water under the bridge. Just getting fustrated with the inconsistencies displayed across the board in mma judging that are tied to massive paydays for the world of bettors 

@tartara - They have to change something if they want the sport to continue to grow and not fall into the same pitfalls as boxing

* Edited at 05.24.2022, 8:06 PM ET *

"Records are for djs"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

05.24.2022 | 8:17 PM ET

Fair enough, man. I won’t act like I’ve never been heated about a decision, lost money or ground in a fantasy tournament I cared too much about or never will again. Personally, I think theres way worse decisions but I get it. I thought Ribas/Dern was worse and many disagreements on that. It’s just my take. If you don’t believe there’s no corruption, you live with blinders on. No doubt something should be done. Should and will are different avenues to pursue, however, and one road had been closed off for the foreseeable future. I’m not attacking you but playing devils advocate on those constantly losing more than you can afford. I’ve learned to keep mine small, especially when banking on a decision. I have learned that the hard way. It sucks no doubt. My best advice is for people to bet within their means and to keep in mind the state of judging. I’ve lost on DQs and crazy other **** too. I’m not wealthy enough to not be careful personally. Good on those who are. Right on. 🤙 Enjoy. 

* Edited at 05.24.2022, 8:53 PM ET *

Page 91

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Miguel Baeza vs. Punahele Soriano prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • Bad Left Hook : Pacquiao in talks to face Barrios for WBC world title this fall
  • Bad Left Hook : Manny Pacquiao could face Mario Barrios for WBC world title this fall
  • Middle Easy : Video: Jon Jones Got Emotional After Being Told He’ll Be Out For Almost One Year Due To Injury
  • MMAFighting.com : Kleber Koike: Winner of RIZIN 47 fight vs. Juan Archuleta will be next featherweight champ
  • MMA Mania : Video! Khabib Tries To Book Shavkat Vs. Usman Behind-The-Scenes
  • MMA Junkie : Julian Marquez vs. Zach Reese prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • Middle Easy : Alexander Volkanovski Open For ‘Feelers’ Such As Dustin Poirier And Conor McGregor But Insists His Next Fight Is For Featherweight Title
  • MMA Junkie : Makhmud Muradov returns to OKTAGON MMA after seven-fight UFC stint
  • MMAFighting.com : Eduarda Moura vows to ‘run through’ Denise Gomes ‘like a tractor’ at UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jon Jones learns of injury recovery timeline from Dana White, Hunter Campbell in new UFC docuseries
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler confident Conor McGregor fight still happening at UFC 303: ‘The fight is on’
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Confirms Conor McGregor Fight At UFC 303 Is ‘Happening’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Makwan Amirkhani slammed and submitted at OKTAGON 58, falls to 1-7 in past eight fights
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs. Imavov Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Louisville return features top middleweights vying for title contention
  • MMA Junkie : Brunno Ferreira vs. Dustin Stoltzfus prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • Middle Easy : Video: Eddie Hall Tosses Opponent In The Air Before Scoring KO Win In Bizarre 2v1 Fight, Calls Out Fellow Strongman Mariusz Pudzianowski
  • MMA Mania : Video! Emotional Jones Finds Out He’ll Be Sidelined For A Year
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville’s Carlos Prates calls Chael Sonnen ‘dead prey’ in Anderson Silva boxing match